Video: 105.3 Fan: Fox Sports Dave Helman on Roster Bubble this week

McMicah

Reaction score
I don’t think Ball has looked good since he got here.

However, like Joseph, there is no need to release them on a rookie contract. You may get lucky
Please I beg you to go watch the game. Watch him every snap and compare him to Hoffman and Farniok. He’s night and day the best IOL out there. He suuuuvks as a tackle but he is REALLY good as a guard. You will notice he gets pushed back the least on pass plays, gets the most push on run plays, and in the two times that a stunt beat the right side, it was Waletzkos fault

McMicah

Reaction score
It is well done, but Ball is still trash.
Copying this from another guy who said the same thing. You gotta stop thinking of him as a Tackle. He’s a guard now.

Watch the game on Dallas cowboys website. Watch him every snap and compare him to Hoffman and Farniok. He’s night and day the best IOL out there. He suuuuvks as a tackle but he is REALLY good as a guard. You will notice he gets pushed back the least on pass plays, gets the most push on run plays, and in the two times that a stunt beat the right side, it was Waletzkos fault

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There were some red flags for me about Hendershot. Didn't show up at Dak's voluntary WR/TE workout. Has been almost silent in TC from everyone. This is all fan speculation though, so I didn't give it much thought. I thought I was reading too much into it, because last year I would have told you he's a sure deal. But I think Helman is right in that they might consider him too. I believe the reason he dropped was because of some off-field issues? Could also be something there we didn't know about if he didn't make the team. I don't think they have a choice though, have to keep 4 TEs minimum.
I think Hendershot was a nice find as a UDRFA. That said, I don’t think there’s any special trait to him. I don’t see him as a starter; maybe a career TE2 or 3 at best.

Stephens has special traits to him. That’s the kinda a guy you find a spot for and develop. Remember, Antonio Gates was undrafted.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Copying this from another guy who said the same thing. You gotta stop thinking of him as a Tackle. He’s a guard now.

Watch the game on Dallas cowboys website. Watch him every snap and compare him to Hoffman and Farniok. He’s night and day the best IOL out there. He suuuuvks as a tackle but he is REALLY good as a guard. You will notice he gets pushed back the least on pass plays, gets the most push on run plays, and in the two times that a stunt beat the right side, it was Waletzkos fault
Really good as a guard? I don't think so. Just because he may have looked the best amongst scrubs doesn't mean he's not a scrub.

McMicah

Reaction score
Really good as a guard? I don't think so. Just because he may have looked the best amongst scrubs doesn't mean he's not a scrub.
So then you’d prefer to go into the season with….zero backup interior offensive linemen, because they are all scrubs?

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I think Hendershot was a nice find as a UDRFA. That said, I don’t think there’s any special trait to him. I don’t see him as a starter; maybe a career TE2 or 3 at best.

Stephens has special traits to him. That’s the kinda a guy you find a spot for and develop. Remember, Antonio Gates was undrafted.
See Ferguson’s comment on Stephens on DC Network? Ferguson says the sky is the limit for Stephens and he has barely scratched the surface of his potential. I doubt that is just his opinion. I think Stephens is on the 53. (Ferguson referred to him as “Stretch”).

Carson

Reaction score
Please I beg you to go watch the game. Watch him every snap and compare him to Hoffman and Farniok. He’s night and day the best IOL out there. He suuuuvks as a tackle but he is REALLY good as a guard. You will notice he gets pushed back the least on pass plays, gets the most push on run plays, and in the two times that a stunt beat the right side, it was Waletzkos fault
Comparing him to Farniok and Hoffman is bad because they are worse than Ball.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Helman says Eric Scott might have a difficult path, Roger says he's a lock. I haven't been super involved ..... but everything I have seen suggests Rogers is correct.

Look at us with an overflow of safety talent. Only took like 25 years.
25 years…. Pfft! Trust the process! Lol

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Another good video and fair take. More and more.... 105.3 establishing itself as a good Ticket replacement, and Fox as an ESPN replacement. Enjoy their takes and interviews.
105.3 has been better for years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
See Ferguson’s comment on Stephens on DC Network? Ferguson says the sky is the limit for Stephens and he has barely scratched the surface of his potential. I doubt that is just his opinion. I think Stephens is on the 53. (Ferguson referred to him as “Stretch”).
Stephens will be retained.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Stephens hasn’t just had just one good preseason game. He’s been showing up all camp. The game production was an extension of what he’s been showing in Oxnard.

The same can’t be said for Hendershot or McKeon. I don’t think either of those guys are a lock.

I think they should go long at TE and keep four with either Hendershot or McKeon battling it out for the last spot.
Like th looks Stephens has taken advantage of, I want to give these last 2 games some time to evaluate the depth.
It's a great preseason to evaluate actual quality potential starters 2023 pre-season, brings value to those that are paying attention right now.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score

Where’s CJ Goodwin on this depth chart? Either way, if he’s still on the team he’s one of my “surprise cut” players. I think the team will give Kelvin Joseph one last chance to pop as a corner but he’ll take over the role as Special Teams Ace until he figures it out.

I hope this is not the case because CJ Goodwin is an amazing Special Teams player. He just doesn’t have the upside at corner that Joseph does. Kelvin Joseph hasn’t proven to be amazing at anything yet but the Special Teams potential is there. If CJ Goodwin is kept, Kelvin goes. If Kelvin stays, CJ will lose his spot.

Honorable mention goes to Hendershot being cut as a surprise. I think if the team keeps Stephens they will try to cut Hendershot and sneak him onto the Practice Squad.

chagus

Reaction score
A great problem to have.

The only players I've really given up on are Ball and Joseph. Maybe Cox.

I would NOT cut Herndershot.