105.3 GBAG Nation said some in FO debated to fire Garrett after playoff loss

DFWJC

Reaction score
Will McClay gives primary input on most on field issues that aren’t cap related. Don’t know who are the top people McClay oversees that may give their opinion
On field issues?

Hes the main personnel evaluation guy who keeps a vast database of all players ranked of interest in the league, with our players ranked on those lists.

He has no input at all on
  • game-day issues
  • coaching decisions on or off the field
  • Salary cap decisions
  • Or even final say, tie-breakers on draft day

BenTramer

Reaction score
No sir, that is a flat out lie, you do not have a best friend working for the cowboys, and even if that's true, your friend is not telling you the truth, he himself does not respect Garrett or the both of you and so you are trying to put something over on us in here, nah, not gonna happen, because if that were true Garrett would have been long gone.
I mean, i really don't give a **** if you believe me, or not, but OK.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It's not just Jerry and Stephen. Jerry Jr., and Charlotte have a lot more influence than most people realize. Plus, I suspect that Jean Jones opinion matters a lot to Jerry also.

It's a family business, and the family - all 5 of them - would likely discuss such a move before they make it.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
On field issues?

Hes the main personnel evaluation guy who keeps a vast database of all players ranked of interest in the league, with our players ranked on those lists.

He has no input at all on
  • game-day issues
  • coaching decisions on or off the field
  • Salary cap decisions
  • Or even final say, tie-breakers on draft day
He evaluates how all those game day issues play out, do our players fit the scheme the coaches are running, are they in or out of position and is the one who relays that “scientific evaluation” to Jerry and Stephen not just what the eye test or the coaching staffs reasoning is

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm starting to have almost as much doubt in Stephen as I do in Jerry.

8CmzSYZ.jpg

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I mean after seeing Doug Pederson win a superbowl, in what, his second year and seeing McVey get to a superbowl and seeing that even Marvin Lewis is gone, the excuses start to run out
Yup...Jerry loves his puppet

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...offense wasn't great in that game...but scored enough to possibly win...the defense on the other hand...terrible.
JG is still around, Linehan gone...so what is gonna change on the defensive side of the ball???:huh:

I would hope that Marinelli found out about his "tells" that allowed the Rams to know what his "Rushmen" were doing "90% of the time". If he can get that fixed and actually be an asset to his players rather than a liability? That would be a great start.

It's just too bad that they get no help from ol Birddog Judd Garrett in that area.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three if you count Charlotte.
She only votes on favorite player butts. I think she likes them big, did you see her eying Witten at his "Thank the world" speech? Word is though she doesn't like them flabby like Romo's, that's why he couldn't get his job back.

Hardline

Reaction score
Fake news.
Give us the names of those in the FO that wanted Garrett fired or it didn't happen

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I think they’re going for Sean Payton next year and this season is just a bridge towards that.

That’s why I don’t think Dak gets a contract.

Dallas is not going to do well against a first place schedule. Dallas will draft a qb in 1st round of 2020 draft.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She only votes on favorite player butts. I think she likes them big, did you see her eying Witten at his "Thank the world" speech? Word is though she doesn't like them flabby like Romo's, that's why he couldn't get his job back.
Romo should have bulked up or wore the other kind of pads

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still not sure exactly what he does and how instrumental he's been. Most assume what he does and what has his fingerprints but I couldn't say which moves were of his making or if he just acts in a consultative manner. I don't even know how he ended up where he is and why he stays.

And the last thing I even heard from him was explaining why Bryant got released, which really made no sense at all. What he said made sense but him saying it didn't to me unless the Joneses made him play the bad guy. That was actually the first time I have ever heard any FO guys openly bad mouth a player they had released. Hell, they don't even trash the criminals.

Their public critique of players had been eerily quiet to that point. Maybe it was a point of explanation, however clumsily it was delivered.