105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?

conner01

Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?
I didn’t hear that
Maybe someone can post what was said
That would be interesting
Be interesting to know who put the plan together if not little Scotty
It would also signal he might need to put his home on the market

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I dunno but Dak hadn’t broke the pocket that many times in a game in awhile and he was a different player for our offense because of it.

We need to put those legs to use because the arm is average at best.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I haven't done the research to back this up but it sure felt like there were in more 5-wide sets Sunday than we had all season. Romo has talked about the beauty of going 5 wide a number of times as a broadcaster. It makes it much harder for defenses to disguise their intentions and gives the QB easier reads when extra pressure comes. Easier reads before and after the snap help Dak tremendously.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kellen Moore ? :lmao:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Linehan just doesn’t have much of a chance to make it to next season.

Dak trying to be Troy Aikman all year and ignoring his mobility is just 1 of the many reasons I’m ready for him to go.

Props to him for bringing a balanced attack to Garrett’s crappy offense but the pass game is still as big of a joke as it’s ever been and depends solely on talent.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I don't know about the NFL, but when I coached in so called meaningless games at the end if the season, we would use more backups and move up some JV players for mop up duty. I would allow their position coaches more input in the plan and on one occasion I even let a young up and coming JV coach call the second half. Great way to evaluate them and see what they can do under pressure.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if someone else was involved in the game plan, Did Linehan still call the plays though. I think they were just showing some stuff they had not used before.
One of the announcers did say something about it was the 1st time they use a particular formation. Like the 5 wide empty back field. Or 4 wide , 1 TE empty back field. Or something like that.

Could be we did not see this before, because they did not have Austin available. Now they do, so they were trying plays they designed for him, or with him.
so could be pundit speculation.

Ken

Reaction score
Linehan just doesn’t have much of a chance to make it to next season.

Dak trying to be Troy Aikman all year and ignoring his mobility is just 1 of the many reasons I’m ready for him to go.

Props to him for bringing a balanced attack to Garrett’s crappy offense but the pass game is still as big of a joke as it’s ever been and depends solely on talent.
Thanks...your opinion is one of negativity and hate. Go follow the Commanders or something if it isn't good enough.

As you tell it...how in the heck did we win the division?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ya, the arm looked really average as he tossed 4 tds.

Yeah..

Fortunately we got an entire season to look back on and while his 4 TD game was impressive he only threw 22 TDs all year and those 4 TD were almost 1/4 of all his TD passes on the season.

Dak was a playmaker on Sunday and if he were making plays like that instead of sitting in the pocket and doing nothing for most of the season then all the criticism would vanish.

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah..

Fortunately we got an entire season to look back on and while his 4 TD game was impressive he only threw 22 TDs all year and those 4 TD were almost 1/4 of all his TD passes on the season.

Dak was a playmaker on Sunday and if he were making plays like that instead of sitting in the pocket and doing nothing for most of the season then all the criticism would vanish.

Why don't you ever talk about the crap supporting cast that Dak had for much of the season?

OL in shambles
No WR for much of the season
No TE

Of course dak was awful for big portions of the season..but he also didn't have much help...

It's not a coincidence the moment he got a legit wr, his play improved

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I always felt the team is keeping some wrinkles under wrap for the playoffs and then they will unleash Dak, because the stupid mistake were soobviaous

But, I kept reminding myself of the desperate situations we ran into during the 5-game winning stretch

I still hope they have a pleasant surprise for us

:cool:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As you tell it...how in the heck did we win the division?

Defense and Zeke.

The QB was along for the ride and played to the level that most average nfl starters could do if they were in our system.

If Dak wants to be a special player he needs to use his mobility. His arm talent won’t do much for him. Extending plays with his legs and either running or throwing will bring some much needed big plays to this offense.