105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

TWOK11

Reaction score
JG's input? What a non-nonsense. We didn't send the TEs on deep seam routes much at all when JG was calling the plays and Romo was the QB.

If anything happened, Dak probably said screw this crappy offense, I'm just going to do my own thing.

The seam route with Witten was a staple of our offense from 2007-2011 or so. We ran a ton of seam clear out concepts with underneath crossing/slant patterns with Witten and Crayton/Austin. Only once age started taking its toll did it become less significant. Still, Witten had 1-2 TD receptions per year the rest of his career on the seam routes.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Good enough for 16th in the league. Throw in at least 3 tds that were either dropped or bafooned (Olawale, Beasely, and Zeke stepping out) and suddenly he is tied with Rodgers. That is just off the top of my head.

(never mind the other 6 rushing tds...those don't count apparently)
So are you gonna count all the interceptions that were dropped too? I can think of 3 pick sixs that were dropped

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?
Maybe, just maybe it only looked like this because Elliot didnt play.? Just a thought.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t care if someone else influenced the game plan or it was because so many were out
I’d just like to see it again this week

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Most important is changing the route tree and don't make it so predictable hence why Amari Cooper has been quiet.

Ken

Reaction score
So are you gonna count all the interceptions that were dropped too? I can think of 3 pick sixs that were dropped
If you want. How would that change how many tds he threw though?

elcowboi

Reaction score
Why do people watch the Cowboys if they hate certain players so much???? It seems like that is a miserable life and no fun but post after post it's the same thing so apparently being miserable brings them joy.

Reactions: CWR

RoboQB

Reaction score
Stop acting like these plays are the norm.

I can point to way more WRs missed downfield then you can point to 40 yard darts being thrown.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Honestly, Beasley deserves more credit for the catch than Dak does for the throw.

Zman5

Reaction score
The seam route with Witten was a staple of our offense from 2007-2011 or so. We ran a ton of seam clear out concepts with underneath crossing/slant patterns with Witten and Crayton/Austin. Only once age started taking its toll did it become less significant. Still, Witten had 1-2 TD receptions per year the rest of his career on the seam routes.

I agree he ran it more earlier but starting 2011 JG slowly got rid of it. James Hanah had the speed to run it and did so in preseason games but for some reason the deep seam route was removed from the offense. We are probably in the bottom of the league when it comes to running that route since 2011.

My guess was it had more to do with trying to limit Romo's INTS than not having a player to run the route. Most of Romo's INTS were when he was throwing it to the deep middle of the field.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s not why Cooper has been quiet.
Seems to me he Just wasn’t targeted then let that bother him and had a game with a drop and fumble
He’s too good not to target and create within the game plan for

Cebrin

Reaction score
Had to be Richard. Best coach in the NFL. I don’t know how Dallas will manage once he is hired by both the Jets and the Bucs in the first ever dual head coach role.

Once he’s gone the defense and offense will collapse.
:laugh::lmao::lmao2: