105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Defense and Zeke.

The QB was along for the ride and played to the level that most average nfl starters could do if they were in our system.

If Dak wants to be a special player he needs to use his mobility. His arm talent won’t do much for him. Extending plays with his legs and either running or throwing will bring some much needed big plays to this offense.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why don't you ever talk about the crap supporting cast that Dak had for much of the season?

OL in shambles
No WR for much of the season
No TE

Of course dak was awful for big portions of the season..but he also didn't have much help...

It's not a coincidence the moment he got a legit wr, his play improved

I guess that goes back to the Cowherd argument of Dak being a trailer and needing others to carry him.

I still think a better scheme could turn his career around because he does have great mobility but playing like Troy Aikman does him no favors.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Had to be Richard. Best coach in the NFL. I don’t know how Dallas will manage once he is hired by both the Jets and the Bucs in the first ever dual head coach role.

Once he’s gone the defense and offense will collapse.

JBS

Reaction score
Defense and Zeke.

The QB was along for the ride and played to the level that most average nfl starters could do if they were in our system.

If Dak wants to be a special player he needs to use his mobility. His arm talent won’t do much for him. Extending plays with his legs and either running or throwing will bring some much needed big plays to this offense.

An average qb doesn't win either Philly game, probably not the Atlanta game either, definitely not the Giants game...

This team has no chance at winning the division w a different qb that you consider equal to dak

Falco78

Reaction score
Yeah..

Fortunately we got an entire season to look back on and while his 4 TD game was impressive he only threw 22 TDs all year and those 4 TD were almost 1/4 of all his TD passes on the season.

Dak was a playmaker on Sunday and if he were making plays like that instead of sitting in the pocket and doing nothing for most of the season then all the criticism would vanish.
So you were a math major correct?

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah..

Fortunately we got an entire season to look back on and while his 4 TD game was impressive he only threw 22 TDs all year and those 4 TD were almost 1/4 of all his TD passes on the season.

Dak was a playmaker on Sunday and if he were making plays like that instead of sitting in the pocket and doing nothing for most of the season then all the criticism would vanish.
Good enough for 16th in the league. Throw in at least 3 tds that were either dropped or bafooned (Olawale, Beasely, and Zeke stepping out) and suddenly he is tied with Rodgers. That is just off the top of my head.

(never mind the other 6 rushing tds...those don't count apparently)

JBS

Reaction score
I guess that goes back to the Cowherd argument of Dak being a trailer and needing others to carry him.

I still think a better scheme could turn his career around because he does have great mobility but playing like Troy Aikman does him no favors.

Of course dak needs help. Is he an elite qb? Absolutely not. You can name 3-4 qbs who don't need help in this league and that's it..none of whom, were elite qbs in their third year

cern

Reaction score
Had to be Richard. Best coach in the NFL. I don’t know how Dallas will manage once he is hired by both the Jets and the Bucs in the first ever dual head coach role.

Once he’s gone the defense and offense will collapse.
I don't know where he'll go, but he's just too good an interview with an outstanding resume. he'll make a great first impression on someone. hate to see Richard go, but odds favor his departure. wish it wasn't so.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Linehan just doesn’t have much of a chance to make it to next season.

Dak trying to be Troy Aikman all year and ignoring his mobility is just 1 of the many reasons I’m ready for him to go.

Props to him for bringing a balanced attack to Garrett’s crappy offense but the pass game is still as big of a joke as it’s ever been and depends solely on talent.

As far as I know, Linehan installed his own playbook when he arrived.

Verdict

Reaction score
Defense and Zeke.

The narrative that Dak has no arm talent is quite honestly, completely false. Dak has plenty of arm, it's his decision making/game processing speed that really needs improvement.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think there is much of a scheme change I fully expect the Cowboys to run the ball, I think last weeks game vs NY was a chance to do more in the passing game and try to work on some things that I do expect them to bring into this game. Zeke is going to get his touches no doubt in my mind about that and if we can get an effective passing game to go with it this team will win.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Broadus said this morning he asked Garrett and Garrett said no, but that didn't seem 100% truthful. To Broadus it seemed they called more of Garretts style plays.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah..

We are a run first team though.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't know where he'll go, but he's just too good an interview with an outstanding resume. he'll make a great first impression on someone. hate to see Richard go, but odds favor his departure. wish it wasn't so.
I’m not sold that he will get a job as HC next season, but it’s certainly possible. He apparently is a bigger/hotter commodity than I thought he would be.

Still, if I had to guess right now, I’d say that I think teams feel like he needs a tad more seasoning and he returns as the Dallas DC with a substantial raise.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Stop acting like these plays are the norm.

I can point to way more WRs missed downfield then you can point to 40 yard darts being thrown.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
They aren’t the norm for any player.

Some have said he can’t do it. Ever. At all.

He threw a 40yard pass many other pros couldn’t. Please give him that. Don’t be like pappy,superkahula, and the other two.

You’re better than that. Clearly.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I didn't get to actually watch the game, i've only seen the highlights, but from what I've seen I don't think I noticed anything different. I saw a lot of vertical routes against some pretty soft cover-2 coverage. If anything, I think the Giants went in without a real defensive gameplan and used the game as an evaluation tool.

As for Dak leaving the pocket - the times I saw it happen weren't by design, but from pressure.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?
Heard that too. It’s interesting for sure.