105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not sold that he will get a job as HC next season, but it’s certainly possible. He apparently is a bigger/hotter commodity than I thought he would be.

Still, if I had to guess right now, I’d say that I think teams feel like he needs a tad more seasoning and he returns as the Dallas DC with a substantial raise.

Mickey Spagnola a/k/a The Shill says that if Richard gets an interview he's as good as gone because Richard will blow teams away in his interview.

That probably means that he will be with the Cowboys next year. Lol. Mickey is seldom right.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?
I'm sure he had to use a different scheme with Zeke and O-line guys out. I heard somewhere saying that T. Austin will be used this weekend, so there's another scheme change from last week.
He's saving the good stuff, RPO's and Dak's legs for this weekend.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Mickey was saying the TE going up the seam was more of what Garrett used to call...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just wondering but why didn't we wait to unleash this against Seattle who will more likely not have prepared for it?
Maybe, assuming this is all true, they wanted to make sure it would work, before using it in a game that matters........Maybe they did it to adjust for Elliott, Smith, and Martin not playing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They aren’t the norm for any player.

Some have said he can’t do it. Ever. At all.

He threw a 40yard pass many other pros couldn’t. Please give him that. Don’t be like pappy,superkahula, and the other two.

You’re better than that. Clearly.

It would be silly to say any nfl QB can’t make a certain type of throw ever.

The throw to Beasley was a great play but people are frustrated at Dak for the lack of great plays. The lack of playmaking. Often missing guys wide open for TDs in close games when his brand of football doesn’t have much room for error.

I’m still more shocked to see an NFL QB miss someone wide open like Amari Cooper was then I am to see them complete any pass.

Constantly missing WRs who have made DBs look like fools is just something you don’t see consistently and our QB is very familiar with overthrowing wide open guys downfield.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Mickey Spagnola a/k/a The Shill says that if Richard gets an interview he's as good as gone because Richard will blow teams away in his interview.

That probably means that he will be with the Cowboys next year. Lol. Mickey is seldom right.
:laugh:

Yeah, MIckey didn’t sell me there.

I do think he’ll interview well though... and God knows I’ve been wrong before.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
An average qb doesn't win either Philly game, probably not the Atlanta game either, definitely not the Giants game...

This team has no chance at winning the division w a different qb that you consider equal to dak

Um...What?

An average QB definitely wins the Philly and Atlanta games most of the time. And even average QBs have good games against bad teams.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It would be silly to say any nfl QB can’t make a certain type of throw ever.

The throw to Beasley was a great play but people are frustrated at Dak for the lack of great plays. The lack of playmaking. Often missing guys wide open for TDs in close games when his brand of football doesn’t have much room for error.

I’m still more shocked to see an NFL QB miss someone wide open like Amari Cooper was then I am to see them complete any pass.

Constantly missing WRs who have made DBs look like fools is just something you don’t see consistently and our QB is very familiar with overthrowing wide open guys downfield.
Maybe. And the percentages are on his side now!!!

The offense looked more wide open and that suits Dak’s passing stats. Plus. He is clutch.

Plankton

Reaction score
Were there tweaks? Absolutely - they played with the JV offensive line and running backs. Of course there would be some adjustments made to actually have a functional offense with those built in personnel limitations for the game. Clearly they were looking to work on things in the passing game, and they made getting the TE up the seam a priority.

Do I think that it was anything radical? No. That's completely overblown and is the stuff born from having to fill air time on the radio.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
An average qb doesn't win either Philly game, probably not the Atlanta game either, definitely not the Giants game...

This team has no chance at winning the division w a different qb that you consider equal to dak

Hey let me chime in here and ask a question, for a friend....lol

In your opinion is there any game this year that Dak has lost for us? One that we can solely put the loss in him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Maybe, assuming this is all true, they wanted to make sure it would work, before using it in a game that matters........Maybe they did it to adjust for Elliott, Smith, and Martin not playing.
Or maybe they wanted Seattle to have to game plan more than just stopping Ezekiel and Cooper. Make them understand that if they double Coop and load up against Elliott, then Dak can just take what is given him by going to Jarwin, Gallup and Bease.

The offense is finally playing the way I wanted at the beginning of the season.

That it took all season to integrate all the young, new players and let them build a rapport with Prescott should really not come as a surprise though.

JBS

Reaction score
Um...What?

An average QB definitely wins the Philly and Atlanta games most of the time. And even average QBs have good games against bad teams.

You obviously don't remember those games

Now Philly is a bad team? Hahahah

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why don't you ever talk about the crap supporting cast that Dak had for much of the season?

OL in shambles
No WR for much of the season
No TE

Of course dak was awful for big portions of the season..but he also didn't have much help...

It's not a coincidence the moment he got a legit wr, his play improved
Who besides Cooper is different? BTW, the O-line was at its worst last week, so maybe they shouldn't get so much blame for the rest of the season.

The best thing I can see that improved was Dak rolling out and throwing on the run more often. Not only does he excel at this, but pass rushers are less likely to commit as strongly to rushing him when he does stay in the pocket.

Carson

Reaction score
Linehan is the kid in the school project, who contributes little to nothing. You don’t use anything he contributes... and he still gets an A

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Were there tweaks? Absolutely - they played with the JV offensive line and running backs. Of course there would be some adjustments made to actually have a functional offense with those built in personnel limitations for the game. Clearly they were looking to work on things in the passing game, and they made getting the TE up the seam a priority.

Do I think that it was anything radical? No. That's completely overblown and is the stuff born from having to fill air time on the radio.

Yeah there was definitely no huge changes but getting Dak out of the pocket can make huge changes to our offense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Or maybe they wanted Seattle to have to game plan more than just stopping Ezekiel and Cooper. Make them understand that if they double Coop and load up against Elliott, then Dak can just take what is given him by going to Jarwin, Gallup and Bease.

The offense is finally playing the way I wanted at the beginning of the season.

That it took all season to integrate all the young, new players and let them build a rapport with Prescott should really not come as a surprise though.
Respectfully, it would be better to let Seattle game plan for Coop and Elliott, if we knew we could hit Jarwin, Gallup, and Beasley, don't you think?