105.3 the FAN asking fans to help get Garrett fired

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They won't let Garret go mid season especially in first place. His time is up and the end of the year. Enough with the excuses Jerry
Right

Jerry just won’t resign him. Jason will be a FA.

Nobody close to the NFL really expects anyone with Jerry to have much success. It’s the job most wouldn’t want. Dead end

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What can fans do? Any examples from them? Jerry is blind even after a decade of it. Plus the money is rolling in. Fans aren't changing anything.
I don’t think he’s blind. He doesn’t want to win bad enough to get out of the way.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Wow, I'm pretty shocked what I just heard on the Cowboys flagship station.

Gavin Dawson and Mike Bacisk both pleaded with the fans to create an atmosphere that forces Garrett's firing. They said it's in the "Cowboys fans hands" at this point.

They said that a segment of this fanbase has been too soft on Garrett. They mentioned following wins, fans relax too much and allow Garrett/Jerry to get comfortable. They also criticized Jerry for remaining so content. They said that Jerry would never allow this to occur any of his other businesses but that winning is secondary to Jerry. They criticized Jerry for wasting Dak/Zeke's cheap years because he wanted to prove that his "step son" was a great coach.

Man if Jerry was listening then he might may a call on these two.

They are actually wrong. They referenced how he manages his other businesses and he would never allow this type of mediocrity to occur, but the fallacy is how they are measuring it. Business success is not based on wins and losses, its based on profits, and in that case, Jones has the most profitable business in the entire sports industry... In other words, he doesn't need to change his bussing model. We as fans may not like it, but purely as a business you can't criticize the model... Of course you could make the case he is leaving some profit on the table by not fielding a winning team. But the fact that he already has 3 SB trophies, a yellow jacket (HOF), and a GM of the year award, what more does he need to feel successful. In his world, only the fans suffer, but not enough to stop spending their money on the Cowboys.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
It starts with Jerry. He’s comfortable . Winning isn’t a priority or he’d the hell out of the way.

He only wants to win his way. He tried winning championships but wasn’t enough fun if he didn’t receive the credit.

Exactly. If Jerry would just get out of the way he could have damn near any coach he wanted. If he stepped aside and let a real coach and GM make the personnel decisions, everyone would kill for the job. Problem is the best coaches don't want it if Jerry is going to tell them who they can have on their staff and what players he wants on the team. Jerry wants a championship more than anyone as long as he gets the credit. If someone else gets the credit, ala Jimmy, it's not worth it to him. He's got the most iconic brand in all of sports but is too stubborn to step aside and let real football people bring the organization back to excellence.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
I honestly believe Jerry only cares about winning if it can be done his way. He must be viewed by everyone as a "football guy" that built a champion. I thought that might change after he put on the gold jacket...but it appears that is not the case. I wonder if he realizes that many (if not most) will probably give Stephen most of the championship credit because he is the one that cleaned up the salary cap mess.

Since The Fan appears to have stepped out into the open, I wish one of them would ask "Jerry, do you remember the definition of insanity? Isn't 10 years enough of the over and over?"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry didn’t just want to own a team. He wanted to be a football guy with celebrity status.

Jerry wouldn’t have any interest in owning the team if he wasn’t the Face of the franchise calling the shots.

Zordon

Reaction score
They are actually wrong. They referenced how he manages his other businesses and he would never allow this type of mediocrity to occur, but the fallacy is how they are measuring it. Business success is not based on wins and losses, its based on profits, and in that case, Jones has the most profitable business in the entire sports industry... In other words, he doesn't need to change his bussing model. We as fans may not like it, but purely as a business you can't criticize the model... Of course you could make the case he is leaving some profit on the table by not fielding a winning team. But the fact that he already has 3 SB trophies, a yellow jacket (HOF), and a GM of the year award, what more does he need to feel successful. In his world, only the fans suffer, but not enough to stop spending their money on the Cowboys.
Fair points. I do believe he is leaving some significant profit on the table but he's willing to forgo it to prove his point with Garrett. If Stephen had some foresight he would be concerned about what it's doing to the longterm viability of the brand. You cannot live off the fans from the 70's, 80's, 90's forever and right now many kids in this country associate the Cowboys with being a joke.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think the comfortable Dallas media has been much more complicit in enabling this behavior.

Most market's media would have eaten Jerry alive by now. These guys don't want to be banned from the facilities (something Jerry has done before) and just let them off the hook time after time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I honestly believe Jerry only cares about winning if it can be done his way. He must be viewed by everyone as a "football guy" that built a champion. I thought that might change after he put on the gold jacket...but it appears that is not the case. I wonder if he realizes that many (if not most) will probably give Stephen most of the championship credit because he is the one that cleaned up the salary cap mess.

Since The Fan appears to have stepped out into the open, I wish one of them would ask "Jerry, do you remember the definition of insanity? Isn't 10 years enough of the over and over?"
Yep

10 years? It’s been like 25 years of his selfish arrogant insanity.

Carson

Reaction score
We can do whatever we want.

but he goes nowhere until the Jones boys say so

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the comfortable Dallas media has been much more complicit in enabling this behavior.

Most market's media would have eaten Jerry alive by now. These guys don't want to be banned from the facilities (something Jerry has done before) and just let them off the hook time after time.
They have but it’s a double edged sword.
Jerry is the most hated sports figure in Dallas . But the Cowboys are the most loved franchise.

It’s like you hate your ex wife but love the kids so you still take care of her too.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Fair points. I do believe he is leaving some significant profit on the table but he's willing to forgo it to prove his point with Garrett. If Stephen had some foresight he would be concerned about what it's doing to the longterm viability of the brand. You cannot live off the fans from the 70's, 80's, 90's forever and right now many kids in this country associate the Cowboys with being a joke.
I'd argue that the fans from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s are the most disgruntled and are probably more likely to stop funding this circus altogether than the new-age fans screaming "WE DEM BOYZ" week after frustrating week.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Fan displeasure led to the firing of Wade Phillips. It can happen to Garrett.

CapnB

Reaction score
I've seen several people say that the dallas media gives JG a pass or doesn't call him out on anything. This isnt the first time they've said or the entire dallas media has said JG should be canned.

Zordon

Reaction score
What can fans do? Any examples from them? Jerry is blind even after a decade of it. Plus the money is rolling in. Fans aren't changing anything.
They continued the discussion, said that fans in Dallas should treat the team like they treat the other three professional teams in DFW - that fans of the Stars, Rangers, Mavs demand a good product or they don't show up. Basically they're telling fans to stop showing up to games. They are really toeing a fine line with their comments.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LVE did it too. They don't care its obvious in their play. Neither of them have improved as players from their breakout rookie seasons in fact they've regressed

They’re living the life.. Being a Dallas Cowboy with millions of Dollars.. How could losing a football game ruin your mood?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't see it either. All we can do is hope.

I wrote an essay for a school project years ago about Jerry (I have issues) and it basically discussed whether Jerry would take the Al Davis approach (27 years of mediocrity, was considered an outdated has-been the tail end of his career when he passed in 2011) or the George Steinbrenner approach (finally hired qualified baseball people to run the team, won 5 World Series the last 15 years of his life).

Now to be fair, Steinbrenner got in trouble with MLB and had his "power" stripped but even when he returned, he enjoyed the success and benefits of an annual contender and restoring the Yankees to their winning ways.

Jerry has taken the Al Davis approach so far (24 years) but there's still time to right the ship. He needs to look at this (talented roster, Garrett's contract ending) as an opportunity to make the right decision and form a "partnership" rather than giving up the control he so desperately covets.

We need our version of Brian Cashman and Joe Torre.

My suggestions:

GM: Nick Caserio (current director of player personnel for the Patriots). Has mentioned that he would like to leave Bill Belichick's shadow and help build a team. I know people have been fawning all over Will McClay but we need an outsider. Someone who is not indebted to Jerry who will be accountable for his success. The current climate of Jerry, Stephen, Will McClay, Jason Garrett, Rod Marinelli, etc, all having significant voices in the war room is too ambiguous and leads to no one really taking ownership of poor decisions. A GM needs to perform and if he says Taco Charlton/Trysten Hill is the right pick, then he has to answer for it when they bust.

Head Coach: Lincoln Riley. He's a home run hire for the Cowboys IMO. He's a name but he's young enough to not demand total authority. He just needs to have the complete authority to hire his own staff. He's absolutely the offensive mind they want. Urban Meyer would be my second choice. Both would run an offense that utilizes Dak's strengths.