Video: 105.3 The "Fan" - Brian Baldinger on Micah Parsons Bulking Up, Cowboys Draft Class, Oline Plans

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m glad that he completely agrees that the best offensive line lineup is (left to right):

Tyron-Tyler-Biadasz-Martin-Steele

Don’t get cute, don’t overthink things, and do as little shuffling as possible.

Worry about having a capable backup left tackle if and when Tyron Smith gets hurt. Don’t over complicate it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I’m glad that he completely agrees that the best offensive line lineup is (left to right):

Worry about having a capable backup left tackle if and when Tyron Smith gets hurt. Don’t over complicate it.
If and when Tyron gets hurt???? He hasn't played a full season since 2015...He's played 17 games in the last three years.....He'll be lucky to make it half way through training camp before he's injured.....Tyler hasn't done anything to be removed as the left tackle...The best spot for Tyron at his age and injury is at swing tackle....let the left guard position play out in training camp, they have lots of guys to through at the position, I think Edoga will win the spot at guard.

Reactions: CWR

Qcard

Reaction score

Why Joe Philbin's contract wasn't renewed is beyond my pay grade. I thought he did a great job considering injuries.

I, too hope they keep it simple.

Tyron's injury was so freakish but his level of play has dipped against elite opponents. 49ers Boom Box game was horrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If and when Tyron gets hurt???? He hasn't played a full season since 2015...He's played 17 games in the last three years.....He'll be lucky to make it half way through training camp before he's injured.....Tyler hasn't done anything to be removed as the left tackle...The best spot for Tyron at his age and injury is at swing tackle....let the left guard position play out in training camp, they have lots of guys to through at the position, I think Edoga will win the spot at guard.
Which would be terrible. Chaz Green II.

Edoga has struggled to anchor outside at tackle, a move inside makes a bad situation worse.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Baldy seemed to not like our draft except for Mazi. He really was not that high on Duece either. I respect Baldy because he is usually a straight shooter.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Counting on Steele and Tyron Smith to both be healthy and ready to go early in the season feels like a huge gamble.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Joe Philbin's contract wasn't renewed is beyond my pay grade. I thought he did a great job considering injuries.

I can think of a lousy WR coach I’d have sent packing first.
I, too hope they keep it simple.

Tyron's injury was so freakish but his level of play has dipped against elite opponents. 49ers Boom Box game was horrible.
If I’m playing Tyron - and they will - I’m playing him at left tackle. It’s by far his best position. He was tentative, unsure, and struggled at right tackle last year. Understandable, but unacceptable when you now have the ability to fix it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Which would be terrible. Chaz Green II.

Edoga has struggled to anchor outside at tackle, a move inside makes a bad situation worse.
Edoga gets in trouble when he extends and is reaching at tackle, that's why I think Dallas is moving him to guard....he did a good job playing at guard in Atlanta and going up against D-law with the Jets as a tackle, the tape shows he's pretty good but I think he'll be better fit at guard in tighter spaces..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Edoga gets in trouble when he extends and is reaching at tackle, that's why I think Dallas is moving him to guard....he did a good job playing at guard in Atlanta and going up against D-law with the Jets as a tackle, the tape shows he's pretty good but I think he'll be better fit at guard in tighter spaces..

Let’s talk about exactly when he “did a good job playing at guard in Atlanta”. Tell me more about that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is so much into the Arlington Jonesboys, he forgot the first pick in Cowboys history was a DT calling him Mr. Cowboy, 20 years of no losing seasons can be contributed to only having Bob Lilly and Randy White at DT for +20 years, Jimmy Johnson traded was for Pro Bowl DT Tony Casillas and chose Russell Maryland no.1 overall at DT back to back years, and Bill Parcells came away from the great 2005 draft with Marcus Spears, Cris Canty, and Jay Ratliff all 3/4 DE which equates to a 4/3 DT.

It has been comical watching Jerry Dumbo GM Jones try to put together the Dallas Cowboys not doing it the Dallas Cowboys way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m honestly amazed that anyone would consider that “good tape”. If anything, it shows why the Jets didn’t want him back, even for the minimal contract he signed with Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Hopefully, Waletzko will prove able to handle that role.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can think of a lousy WR coach I’d have sent packing first.

If I’m playing Tyron - and they will - I’m playing him at left tackle. It’s by far his best position. He was tentative, unsure, and struggled at right tackle last year. Understandable, but unacceptable when you now have the ability to fix it.
I agree that he had some struggles reacclimating to RT. He wasn't bad, but is much better at LT.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I disagree a bit with Baldy about Micah never tiring. He clearly looked worn out late in the regular season. That's not a criticism as he was working as hard as a human being can probably work physically.

And it does look like Parsons is becoming more and more an Elephant hybrid player that will focus more on rushing the QB if he is bulking up.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's your best OT. He just is. He's better than Steele. He's better than Tyler Smith.

Benching him and making him a swing OT is kinda silly. Play your 5 best.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baldy seemed to not like our draft except for Mazi. He really was not that high on Duece either. I respect Baldy because he is usually a straight shooter.
Honestly, it sounded like he didn’t know anything about them. Between butchering their names to his lazy comparison of Fehoko to Bradlee Anae, he sounded unprepared.

nathanlt

Reaction score

I think everyone agrees with that lineup. It's just that so many fans realize the lineup is certainly a temporary one, lasting for a few games at most. How well prepared will the be when Tyron gets hurt?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that he had some struggles reacclimating to RT. He wasn't bad, but is much better at LT.
Yep. And Steele’s best position by far is right tackle. So why screw up (at least) two players by shuffling them around?

It makes no sense.