Video: 105.3 The "Fan" - Brian Baldinger on Micah Parsons Bulking Up, Cowboys Draft Class, Oline Plans

T-RO

Reaction score
Tyron's injury was so freakish but his level of play has dipped against elite opponents. 49ers Boom Box game was horrible.
Playing opposite side is a completely different position. Tyron has continued to rate extremely high in last two years when playing LT.

CWR

Reaction score
If and when Tyron gets hurt???? He hasn't played a full season since 2015...He's played 17 games in the last three years.....He'll be lucky to make it half way through training camp before he's injured.....Tyler hasn't done anything to be removed as the left tackle...The best spot for Tyron at his age and injury is at swing tackle....let the left guard position play out in training camp, they have lots of guys to through at the position, I think Edoga will win the spot at guard.

It sounds crazy but I like Tyron at swing as well. Preserve him and have him there when we need him. I think Farniok wins that guard spot if they go that way.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Parsons, Lawrence, Williams, Armstrong, Fowler.

Mazi, Hankins, Odighizua, Fehoko, Bohanna

:oops: Look out, this has the potential of getting real nasty for the opposition :flagwave:

I really hope everyone stays healthy, I want to see how good this can actually get ;)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep. And Steele’s best position by far is right tackle. So why screw up (at least) two players by shuffling them around?

It makes no sense.
I can understand not expecting Tyron to play every game, because he won't, but I agree that it make no sense for whatever games he does play to be at right tackle. He's at home at left tackle and one of the best in the game there (when healthy). Plus, Tyler spent all his offseason at left guard, and then got lots of experience at left tackle, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to be able to handle starting at LG then switching to LT when needed. Then, there's Steele, who is a highly functional right tackle. He might not be perfect in pass protection, but he's pretty good, and he's very effective as a run blocker. We could move him to LG, but IMO we're creating challenges that are unnecessary. Best five is Tyron-Tyler-Biadasz-Martin-Steele, the lineup we wanted to use last year but never really got the chance.