105.3 The Fan: Dak + 10th pick for Deshawn Watson?

pitt33

Reaction score
Here’s a trade I would consider...

Dak and the 10th pick for........

Josh Allen.

Our receiving core would be giddy.

And throw in Jalen too. No charge.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak lovers are back to putting on a cape, going to bat for their man. Constantly bringing up garbage time stats in order to justify their giddy approach when it comes to Dak

Dak haters are back to putting on a blindfold, going to bat for their arrogant ego. Constantly bringing up garbage posts in order to justify their giddy approach when it comes to Dak.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Keeping in mind that Deshawn Watson is under contract for the next 5 years at a cap hit average of 33 m/yr and is coming off an outstanding season on a cruddy team....

105.3 The Fan was asking its listeners the other day if they would make this trade:

• Dallas trades 27 year old Dak Prescott (and his expected 40 m/yr for 5 years asking price) plus their 2021 1st rounder

• Houston trades 25 year old Deshawn Watson (ave cap 33 mil for nxt 5 years)

Would you do it?
No. Dak and Deshawn are similar quarterbacks. Even if you think Deshawn is slightly better given up the extra pick would be stupid. Deshawn has two ACL injuries and he signed a contract that is similar to the one Dak will sign with the Cowboys. Watson also showed what he would do with no defense and no draft picks. Texans were 4-12 this season. Watson just signed the second biggest contract in NFL history. There wil be no discount. What radio show did this poll?

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nobody know exactly how the negotiations with Dak is going to progress. Last year, we heard the same positive vibes being presented by this FO, with no resolution being agreed to. Jerry and Stephen have yet to prove they're willing to accept Dak his agent's proposals. Anything could happen. There's no assurances that are yet to be proven in the weeks and months ahead.

Brace yourselves for a long, irritating negotiating process to be undertaken. Jerry & Son are far from the ideal partners to arrive at a timely settlement with Todd France. I'll be hoping much cooler heads hammer out the details far more expediently, this time around. After all, they've already had lots of time to consider it, since last year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Watson too much of a crybaby lately, won’t answer the phone while making $40m per year while people are running to the bank for their $600 stimulus check! I’m keeping Dak ty...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Watson is mad that he didn't have a say in hiring the new GM. That aun't flyin in D.

Better to trade #10 to a team looking for a QB.
Get another #2, #3 + and work on the defense.
Watson is still pissed that HOU elevated O'Brien to GM and he pulled the trigger on that dumb Hopkins trade because he didn't like Hopkins.

HOU is a bigger cluster than DAL. However, if they could tag and trade him for Watson, I'd do that deal. When they were both in college, Prescott was considered "Watson Light" because Watson was the superior passer and still is. Why not have the original?

The question is would HOU do that deal? Isn't Jimmy Johnson their consultant on the GM and HC search? They already spent a 1st on a LT but they could get one back and get one of the WR's in this draft or Pitts.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Watson too much of a crybaby lately, won’t answer the phone while making $40m per year while people are running to the bank for their $600 stimulus check! I’m keeping Dak ty...
athlete privilege

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade our 10th pick. Honestly Watson wouldn't be a huge upgrade, if any. It won't happen.

RS12

Reaction score
John McClain on CBS sports radio just now: "Watson won't be traded under any circumstances". So much for that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This 40M figure gets thrown around and even Prescott disputed that when it first surfaced. The Joneses floated that out there to make him look greedy. Might be one of the reasons they had a difficult time negotiating? Sure didn't help them with Dez Bryant.

There is not one person on this forum that knows the real numbers. We do not know the offer with regards to annual salary, term and most importantly, guarantee.

Don't you think the greed card that keeps getting played against him is a little ridiculous? Show me a QB that isn't greedy and getting all he can. That's the real game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John McClain on CBS sports radio just now: "Watson won't be traded under any circumstances". So much for that.
They made changes in management to placate him, and some other players, why would they trade him when the Hopkins deal had so much fallout?

joshjwp

Reaction score
I personally think Watson is better than Dak, but the gap isn't even close to big enough to give up a 10th overall pick.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I’m sure the difference between the two players is so great that we need to give up draft picks

ondaedg

Reaction score
Count me as a no.. I might do it straight up just because Watson is younger and cheaper for now but not so much when that extension kicks in. He also just went 4-12. Blame as many other people as you like but you can't sit here and say Dak has to wear all those losses when the defense was giving up 35 points a game and then in the same breath tell me you want a guy who lost at a higher rate with a better defense on his side. That dawg won't hunt here.. The other factor for me is Dak is an ascending player. Can anyone truthfully say Watson is appreciably better than he was as a rookie? Now ask the same question about Dak.. Certainly there will be those who will say Dak isn't any better and will never get any better but those people are not logical so we have to ignore them. And for all his personnel mismanagement O'Brien was at least good at developing QBs. Dude made the playoffs with like 4 different QBs..

Agreed on several points including the win/loss stat. Deshaun just went 4-12 yet we need to jettison Dak for an 8-8 season last year. Broken logic there...

And Deshaun has had as strong if not stronger supporting cast especially on defense. JJ Watt, Clowney, Hopkins, etc etc. I have nothing against Deshaun but Dak is a darn good qb who knows the system and is respected by his teammates. I see zero point in making this trade and it doesn’t help our defense whatsoever.

kevm3

Reaction score
Watson led the Texans to 4 wins and 12 losses. What exactly would he be doing here that would justify giving a top ten pick ALONG with Dak? Would he be averaging 40 points a game here?

ondaedg

Reaction score
I personally think Watson is better than Dak, but the gap isn't even close to big enough to give up a 10th overall pick.

I was impressed with Deshaun’s accuracy in the game I watched him play this season. He was making tight throws into tight coverages. But Dak is almost just as accurate and if the game is on the line and we need to air it out I’m not sure that Deshaun is the better choice in that situation.

ondaedg

Reaction score
So a member simply offers an opinion but to some predictable members is about 'spewing hatred'? People are so lazy in their arguments.

The OP claimed Dak was expecting $40 mil even though there is no information supporting his statement and furthermore he did not state it was his “opinion”. Which is why the very next post questioned his claim. ;)

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So you get a comparable QB & maybe $5 to $7 mil of cap space per year.

So basically selling #10 for $5 to $7 mil.