105.3 The Fan: Jarwin running circles around Witten

superonyx

Reaction score
Stop, witten hasn't helped anyone in his entire career. This is a fact
He helped Jerry Jones get rid of that turd Marty Bennett.

I can't blame someone for not wanting to help someone take their job.
If my boss brought in someone in my same position do you think I am helping them take my job? What kind of provider and father would I be if I did that? Shoot I would step on their throats if I needed to.
And I am one of the nicest people you will ever meet. seriously..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

If my boss brought in someone in my same position do you think I am helping them take my job? What kind of provider and father would I be if I did that? Shoot I would step on their throats if I needed to.
I'm with you but ppl on here keep saying witten is helping these guys and that is just not true. That would be like the guy you aren't helping starts to succeed then you try to tell everyone you were helping him out that's why he was succeeding lol.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And blocking.

LOL...Witten hasn't blocked anyone in a decade. I think the wuss term they use now is..."wall off" for actually getting in someone's way...which = a block in todays watered down NFL.

:laugh:...I can't believe someone actually thought Witten and blocking...in the same sentence.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...Witten hasn't blocked anyone in a decade. I think the wuss term they use now is..."wall off" for actually getting in someone's way...which = a block in todays watered down NFL.

:laugh:...I can't believe someone actually thought Witten and blocking...in the same sentence.
Wall off, is blocking. Just like receivers stalk block. Many ways to skin a cat.

Blake

Reaction score

And Benett is a Superbowl Champion. What does Witten have?

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a fluff story. Its that time of year...but that said, I think he will be a break out star this year...much Like when Jay Novacek came into his own. Same time of player too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wall off, is blocking. Just like receivers stalk block. Many ways to skin a cat.

That is true, however unlike the WR who tend to block on CB the TE is having to seal off OL or LB they tend to be a lot more physical. Having said that Jarwin does not need to pancake a defender but he does have to seal off that edge without getting pushed back into the RB. Much of it is technique and how to use leverage to get that defender sealed off.

GMO415

Reaction score
McClay was asked about Jarwin and Witt about 20 minutes ago on G Bag. McClay said Jarwin is all about matchups and he's far more athletic than Witt.

He said before when you saw them both on the field at the same time, people knew it was a run play..... Now, he said that's definitely not the case!

AlienBoy

Reaction score
I've also heard Witten's looking better than he did when he retired, that the year off may have rejuvenated him. Take that for what it's worth. :D

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In the 2nd half of last season (after Swaim was out) they used the TEs as follows:
- Jarwin: Most of the snaps when they wanted a receiving TE on the field.
- Schultz: Most of the snaps when they wanted a blocking TE on the field.
- Jarwin/Schultz: 2 TE sets.
- Rico: Used in 3 TE sets.

The most logical usage in 2019 would be:
1 TE sets would be: Witten or Jarwin
2 TE sets would be: Witten/Schultz or Jarwin/Schultz

quickccc

Reaction score
Da Fish is having his own Fish Report on You Tube, which I thought he's been mentioning Witten is the better TE (complete?) i'll re-watch and listen to him again, but I did think he and someone else
made mentioned that when it comes to getting down the field quicker (ala deep seam passes?) Jarwin stands out.

But there may be other phases, as said from another post, "setting up defenders ", as well hot blitz reads, blocking assignments, audibles, etc. that Witten's experience may still have
an advantage over the younger TEs, at least it terms of football IQ and knack.

But once Jarwin's own growing experiences become more progressive and developed, its' time to move from the old man. We need to get more athletic at the TE position.

John813

Reaction score
And Benett is a Superbowl Champion. What does Witten have?

HOF career.

No you silly goose. Witten should of taken under his arms, spent every day with Bennett during and after practice making sure Marty was learning from him.

quickccc

Reaction score
In the 2nd half of last season (after Swaim was out) they used the TEs as follows:
- Jarwin: Most of the snaps when they wanted a receiving TE on the field.
- Schultz: Most of the snaps when they wanted a blocking TE on the field.
- Jarwin/Schultz: 2 TE sets.
- Rico: Used in 3 TE sets.

The most logical usage in 2019 would be:
1 TE sets would be: Witten or Jarwin
2 TE sets would be: Witten/Schultz or Jarwin/Schultz

I would hope Jarwin's blocking skills is not such a Gavin Escobar-like flaw to where I have to sub in Schultz in for Jarwin.

visionary

Reaction score
G Bag and Fish both reported that Jarwin has looked superior to Witten. They said it's no contest. Does JG pull the old war horse for the young superior talent?

Does a jellyfish have balls?

Mannix

Reaction score
They will shoehorn Witten in the lineup whenever possible...just like they will Lee.