105.3 The Fan: Jarwin running circles around Witten

Dre11

Reaction score
G Bag and Fish both reported that Jarwin has looked superior to Witten. They said it's no contest. Does JG pull the old war horse for the young superior talent?

Fish still says Witten is the best TE on the team. Jarwin is just faster, faster doesn't make you better. The guys on Gbag are idiots. They didn't want Jason Witten to come back in the first place

Dre11

Reaction score
Da Fish is having his own Fish Report on You Tube, which I thought he's been mentioning Witten is the better TE (complete?) i'll re-watch and listen to him again, but I did think he and someone else
made mentioned that when it comes to getting down the field quicker (ala deep seam passes?) Jarwin stands out.

But there may be other phases, as said from another post, "setting up defenders ", as well hot blitz reads, blocking assignments, audibles, etc. that Witten's experience may still have
an advantage over the younger TEs, at least it terms of football IQ and knack.

But once Jarwin's own growing experiences become more progressive and developed, its' time to move from the old man. We need to get more athletic at the TE position.

Yes he's said Witten is still the best TE on the team. The guys on G bag has criticize Witten speed every since he's retired. But Jason has never been fast. being faster and more athletic does it mean he's better

Dre11

Reaction score
HOF career.

No you silly goose. Witten should of taken under his arms, spent every day with Bennett during and after practice making sure Marty was learning from him.
Bennett didn't want that he too was an idiot

Verdict

Reaction score
This is just running around in shorts. When the pads go on he will step it up. Once the regular season games starts he will start leaning on people, he is old and smart enough to know when to turn it on.

I am sure Witten will run a 4.3 forty when the pass come on. In other news: Swamp Land for sale in Arizona.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Fish still says Witten is the best TE on the team. Jarwin is just faster, faster doesn't make you better. The guys on Gbag are idiots. They didn't want Jason Witten to come back in the first place

I like Jarwin and I don't need a sports reporter to tell me he is much faster than Witten at this point. But he hasn't shown one tenth of the route adjustments that Witten has made a career of and the day they put Witten in an Senior Citizen home - he will still be a better blocker than Jarwin is today.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yes he's said Witten is still the best TE on the team. The guys on G bag has criticize Witten speed every since he's retired. But Jason has never been fast. being faster and more athletic does it mean he's better

Honestly I dunno where or why I keep hearing that Witten was never fast,.. I believe his 40 time during his pre-draft workouts was 4.65, ..and that was good for a 245+ pound TE coming out of Tennessee. He wasn't Vernon Davis or Evan Ingram 4.3/4.4 blazing, but hell those guys pure speed was so rare and exceptional. (and i'm still waiting for Ingram to become an pro bowl TE)
Imo, Witten's best trait was his technically sound route running. Probably no TE could hip- head fake, swivel and sell his in-out cuts and breaks better than Witten.
That's why even the better coverage LBs and safeties continued to have issues covering him. But that was well in his prime.

I don't think Witten can consistently beat those caliber coverage guys at this stage of his career. And I don't think he can easily zip through the deep seam middle near as well as he used to in the Romo days. But i do think we will see Witten occasionally find the open spots in zone and busted coverages, beat the adequate LBs/safeties to key 3rd down underneath chain movers,
and occasionally some red zone catches which he still knows how to manuever to make enough space for QBs tosses. The big difference maybe some of the TE sets and designs, as they may diverse it as Blake could be the TE in the 2-set to run and hit the occasional deep seam middle instead of Witten.

GMO415

Reaction score
Today, The Break crew stated "Jarwin looks like he's gonna have a break out season.". They mentioned even Witt commented same.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten's selfishness and the favoritism of this inept coaching staff is going to hurt the team.
Disagree with the first part of that but do agree with the last part. He wants to play, that's not being selfish.

The question is who makes that call? Moore? Garrett? Someone higher up?

He came back to try and save face and remove that blackmark on his career and the way Booger and Garrett feel about him, making Jarwin TE1 going to do that or worsen how Witten feels?

And the real question is when they run the 2 TE set, which 1 is the QB looking for first?

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
This is going to be a train wreck. Jarwin & co. are going to be better than witten and they will still have him taking 90% of the snaps. Inept coaching staff will fail us again

The only thing more pathetic than your wimpy post is the fact that approx. 15 like minded wimps 'liked' it. Man up and quit whining for crissakes.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree with the first part of that but do agree with the last part. He wants to play, that's not being selfish.

The question is who makes that call? Moore? Garrett? Someone higher up?

He came back to try and save face and remove that blackmark on his career and the way Booger and Garrett feel about him, making Jarwin TE1 going to do that or worsen how Witten feels?

And the real question is when they run the 2 TE set, which 1 is the QB looking for first?
Schultz probably most of the reps as the 2nd TE on the the field because the 2nd TE is normally a blocker.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz probably most of the reps as the 2nd TE on the the field because the 2nd TE is normally a blocker.
That was under Linehan, don't know how Young Kellen will play it and a lot of that depends on the health of the OL. If they're solid, he might opt for another receiver in the pattern.

This is the most intriguing part of this season to me and actually in many seasons. I've not seen this before. Might put an inexperienced OC on a team not expected to do much but they're trying to repeat as division champs for the first time in 14 years.

I am really excited to watch him up against some of the best DC's and he gets to face #'s 2, 3 and 4 ranked from last season and all 3 are based and dependent on their D.

I know some were miffed by this, but I really don't know who else was available. And part of following the Cowboys is the risk factor, Booger likes to gamble more than any GM but giving your HC a green OC in his contract year is new ground.

x, I gotta say, I feel sorry for other fan forums, they just get the old everyday football stuff but we get something different thrown our way every off season. It's like Booger saying "y'all getting bored? Try this on for a while".

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Beat me to it......put both in a live game situation and see who dissect the D faster and be where he suppose to be.