105.3thefan, Jerry Jones on now, its live

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
we have been in it last game for last 3 years, understand our fans want more than 8-8, we can have improvement with close games, positive to have team right there in position to win east, and go with Jason garrett,

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Not a surprise but said Garrett is definitely coming back next season. Said he decided this weeks ago and never considered firing him. Was just asked about Garrett's "lame duck" status and Jerry kinda danced around the question and didn't say if he'd be getting an extension or not.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I think players are professioinal, they understand with or without a contract, u can lose your job,, several even had more years on their contract, but they lost their job
im pleased we have kiffin and callihan, we had a rough year, but necessarlily didn't have it because of coaching, haven't sat down, discussed it with Jason, no hurry on that yet, I think u have to assume their contract status is still here, some are contract, some are not, whatever their contract status is, it is

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Said he made the decision weeks ago to keep Garrett. I'd bet it was when we got to 7-5, pretty much ensuring we'd be relevant until the end of the year. Which of course ensures TV ratings, ticket sales, and lots of nine dollar beers and 18 dollar frozen margaritas.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
your gm heritage to fans: u look at changes made yesterday, some weren't doing as well as we were doing last few years: like shahanan, lot of things involved, doesn't surprise me, cause me negative feelings, that im ultimate responsibility to how were doing, look in Detroit, with fords, or Carolina with richardsons, I know people with blame them for franchise: whatever reason in nfl, we make a lot of gm title: who is that ultimately makes decision regarding coach or player, its a financial decision, and in that system you have to answer because of salary cap: might not be even gm, but person doing salary cap, per dollar on team, I understand critism, and take this team where we want to go to superbowl

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I will say this, I thought in recent yrs we had more talent then this yr, and having romo on field u should have more success, look at green bay with backup qb, look at challengs we had, number of players to bring onto field, some weren't even going to be on rosters this yr, I think we had a good yr, and u look at ur debth, do u put more money in less players or more players, thought we did good job managing cap due to 10 m due to take that away from us

popp1234

Reaction score
we have been in it last game for last 3 years, understand our fans want more than 8-8, we can have improvement with close games, positive to have team right there in position to win east, and go with Jason garrett,

Maybe it's time Jerry consider, that just maybe, the reason we have to take it down to the last game is because of his Trainee, a.k.a, Jason Garrett. His Trainee is the antithesis of a leader and competent head coach at this level. I honestly believe this team wins in spite of the head coach, not because of him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
why should we respect results not to remain the same, with same coaches, players, if we can stay healthy, we can compete, at level like against Denver, we lost 5 games by 8 or so points, then we can compete

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
we wont have changes in coaching like we did last yr, changes coaching physology, change in draft and possibly in free agengy and add to what kiffin installed, and continue to develop to OL, we have chance to be better, we were working on this plan the last few weeks,

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
Jerry Jones on the Callahan and Kiffin's job status: we had a rough year. we didnt have a rough year because of coaching

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
Jerry is being quite clear (in his quite unclear way) that #Cowboys coordinators are indeed on shaky ground. @1053thefan
Seriously, there is no 'reason'
#Cowboys Jerry can give justifying keeping Garrett. There is only 'fit' & 'feel.' 1 more yr to gauge.
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 2m
Jones to KRLD-FM: "It doesn't surprise me, or cause me major negative feelings, that I'm the ultimate responsibility for how we are doing."
Jerry: "We should have had more success with Romo being on the field most of the year."
Jerry on his plan for this offseason: "We won't have the changes that we had last year, one, in the coaching staff area."
Jerry on whether he is committed to see this thing through cuz of his relationship with Romo/Garrett: "We are big-time committed to Romo."
Jerry on Garrett: "He's kind of coach who gets a lot of respect from his players and he has them competing."

Jean-Jacques Taylor ‏@JJT_ESPNDallas 2m
JJ said im pleased we've got Callahan & Kiffin. Didn't say they'd be back.
JJ said kiffin & callahan both under contract. Interesting. Kiffin reportedly had 1-year deal.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m
Jerry Jones on the Callahan and Kiffin's job status: we had a rough year. we didnt have a rough year because of coaching
jerry jones said the cowboys did a good job managing the cap especially considering the nfl $10 million cap penalty
jerry jones believes the cowboys can win more games next year if they compete the way they did against philadelphia sunday

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 3m
Jerry blames some the defensive woes on injuries. They had injuries on defense last year, too, and Rob Ryan didn't get a pass.

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL 1m
Jerry Jones: "I know first hand that people should or would blame me for the overall position of the franchise."
Jerry Jones notes coaches who were fired Monday with worse records than Jason Garrett. Mentions Mike Shanahan specifically

Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt 49s
It's as though some in this town believe if they keep asking Jerry Jones about Jason Garrett he'll somehow change his mind and fire him.

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 2m
Jerry Jones: "I think Jason Garrett is a much better coach than he was in 2007."

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
facts are im big time commited to romo and I think Jason garrett is much better coach and benefit from what he has learned, and kind of guy, gets lot of respect from his players, and we need to compeat at better level, more wins, playoffs is do things ur going to see me do next few weeks ahead, hmmmmmmm, wonder what jerry meant by that

popp1234

Reaction score
Said he made the decision weeks ago to keep Garrett. I'd bet it was when we got to 7-5, pretty much ensuring we'd be relevant until the end of the year. Which of course ensures TV ratings, ticket sales, and lots of nine dollar beers and 18 dollar frozen margaritas.

I posted it on this board before. Thats what he is all about. He tries to sell the fans that BS that the glass is half full. Finishing 8-8 is just a total nightmare scenario for us fans and a great place to be in Jerry World.