burmafrd

Reaction score
Robert Littal ‏@BlkSportsOnline 2m
Jerry told y'all.... pic.twitter.com/KXrrgOCqDT

Bc0zC7jCEAQ2nrP.jpg

quoted for absolute truth

Smith22

Reaction score
Precious seasons fade away from romo and ware's career while we stay stuck in 8-8 mediocrity.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bottom line, he did just what we thought he'd do: He blamed it all entirely on injuries.

Then he should fire the medical staff or the player personnel staff that brings in players with chronic injuries. I would fire both. Of course in a perfect world I would fire Jerry.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Jerry can still be the final decision maker. He owns the team. It's his right. What he fails to understand in listening to the clamor for hiring a real GM is that that person provides another path to go down. Jerry can choose to listen or ignore it but the exchange of ideas is what is needed. He doesn't get that somebody else's vision of the franchise may actually be the right one. And that is pure ego talking. What a shame.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Then he should fire the medical staff or the player personnel staff that brings in players with chronic injuries. I would fire both. Of course in a perfect world I would fire Jerry.

This is an area that should be addressed.

If that is diagnosed as a problem, what a smart person would do is go out and find the freshest and brightest sport scientists and performance consultants and pay them to look at it.

That is one thing I do not see much from Jerry Jones. A willingness to try new things and bring in support from way outside of his comfort zone.

Instead, he would rather go back to what he thinks worked 20 years ago.

Alexander

Reaction score
Jerry can still be the final decision maker. He owns the team. It's his right. What he fails to understand in listening to the clamor for hiring a real GM is that that person provides another path to go down. Jerry can choose to listen or ignore it but the exchange of ideas is what is needed. He doesn't get that somebody else's vision of the franchise may actually be the right one. And that is pure ego talking. What a shame.
Frankly, it might be as simple as he does not want to pay for someone to be the GM when he feels he is really doing the job anyways.

wileedog

Reaction score
That is one thing I do not see much from Jerry Jones. A willingness to try new things and bring in support from way outside of his comfort zone.

Instead, he would rather go back to what he thinks worked 20 years ago.

Hey if Larry Lacewell is not on board with it, then Jerry sure isn't.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

Nah, you can tell he thought it was just bad luck. That's all it is, bad fortune. One of these years our luck will turn around and we can win 10 games.

Really, Jerry isn't even trying anymore.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
While I don't fault Jerry's logic on the benefits of continuity, and think that we can reasonably expect some improvement next year with the same staff and core IF we avoid another spate of injuries, the problem is that this decision is based more on the objective of being "competitive" rather than being a dominant championship team. If you want the latter, I'm not sure how you can justify continuity given the performance of the current staff and roster. Jerry's main problem seems to be low expectations for a once storied franchise which defined success as reaching the super bowl and failure as anything short of that objective.

Alexander

Reaction score
Nah, you can tell he thought it was just bad luck. That's all it is, bad fortune. One of these years our luck will turn around and we can win 10 games.

Really, Jerry isn't even trying anymore.

He really is not. If he was you would see more outside parties coming aboard, there is no evidence of any philosophical shift from year to year from the top of the organization.

Alexander

Reaction score
While I don't fault Jerry's logic on the benefits of continuity, and think that we can reasonably expect some improvement next year with the same staff and core IF we avoid another spate of injuries, the problem is that this decision is based more on the objective of being "competitive" rather than being a dominant championship team. If you want the latter, I'm not sure how you can justify continuity given the performance of the current staff and roster. Jerry's main problem seems to be low expectations for a once storied franchise which defined success as reaching the super bowl and failure as anything short of that objective.

If he believes in continuity, you fortify it. Kind of like what happened with Dan Reeves before he decided that was not such a good idea.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
If you listen to what people like Fisher are saying, he is just being coy.

I think he is trolling on his radio show like he normally does.

Jerry is a great example of not listening to what a man says, but rather watching what he does.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Missing the playoffs three straight years is not being "in it." It's the definition of being "out of it." Ugghhhh.
Missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years. 1 playoff win in 17 years. after listening to this fool on the radio this morning folks, it is hopeless. this franchise is finished as long as he owns it.

VThokie7

Reaction score
And how is losing close games showing Jerry we are close? We've done this for the entire Garrett era and nothing has changed. Last year was supposedly uncomfortable. Somehow this year all is well?

How as a sports fan do I get stuck with this imbecile and Peter Angelos?

popp1234

Reaction score
Well, as much as I hate Jerry, I do not hope for the worst for him. I do, however, hope I live longer than he does. :D

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We can have improvement with close games.
While there is room for improvement in close games, teams that win a lot of close games don't usually do well in the playoffs.

Research has shown that what characterizes the top teams is not that they win a lot of close games, but that they dominate more games. The last three seasons, the playoff teams with the best regular season records in close games (decided by 8 points or less) are 3-9 in the postseason.

year/team/playoff record
2012 Texans, Colts, Vikings 1-3
2011 Packers, 49ers, Steelers 1-3
2010 Patriots, Seahawks, Falcons 1-3

Dallas' record in games decided by one score or less is 16-15 over the last three seasons. The last three SB champions' combined record in such games is 15-13. There is no formula for winning close games. It's not a predictor of future success, or even necessarily an indicator of present success. This year, the Cowboys were 5-5 in close games, while Jacksonville was 4-2. The Jets were 5-1.

No team is going to make a living off winning close games. We need to improve the team, so that we don't find ourselves in so many close games.

Reaction score
"Jerry: "We should have had more success with Romo being on the field most of the year."

"Jerry Jones on the Callahan and Kiffin's job status: we had a rough year. we didn't have a rough year because of coaching"

He just rambles on and obviously he has no idea what he's talking about. So we should have had more success because Romo played all year, but it wasn't the fault of coaching. So whose fault is it??