1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'd sign Ceedee to big money and send Parsons packing for some big draft picks.....his production isn't consistent but his mouth is.
If we are about to throw 2024 away, I would be fine with trading both. Can pick up other receivers to learn with new QB in 2025 forward.

In general, I lean toward your thoughts about Micah. But I would like to have more definitive info before saying I'm OK with trading away a player of his talent.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on Jerry to make a BIG SPLASH before he hangs it up, no better time then now to make some BIG TRADES!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score

stiletto

Reaction score
If we are about to throw 2024 away, I would be fine with trading both. Can pick up other receivers to learn with new QB in 2025 forward.

In general, I lean toward your thoughts about Micah. But I would like to have more definitive info before saying I'm OK with trading away a player of his talent.
Well also, the question is do we want to see the salary cap hampered by a guy that isn't exactly a team player? I know not everyone can be alike but if he is strictly a "me" guy (which there is a lot of evidence he is), not sure how much of the salary cap you want taken there. Will be interesting to see if they pay him but rumblings like this make you wonder.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I did not say that he is burned out but he will. Don't get me wrong. He is doing amazing things right now but I have my doubts that this will last for long.
This is my general rule on edge rushers. Far too often you pay them top dollar for what they have already done. They tend to trend downward quickly.

shabazz

Reaction score
why just like the comments made about Hassan Reddick, teammates felt he was just out there to boost his sack numbers, more sacks equals more millions to ask for! It's good that you noticed this, this is something I will for surely now look at.
In the history of the NFL it's revealed many of these selfish guys. I remember way back when the Jets had the "NY Sack Exchange "....the entire defensive line hated Mark Gastineu because he was the "Me First" guy, that would get sacks because guys like Joe Klecko would take on double teams.

Teammates pick up on this crap REAL fast

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In the history of the NFL it's revealed many of these selfish guys. I remember way back when the Jets had the "NY Sack Exchange "....the entire defensive line hated Mark Gastineu because he was the "Me First" guy, that would get sacks because guys like Joe Klecko would take on double teams.

Teammates pick up on this crap REAL fast
right, just play football for the love of playing not for money, my gosh!!! Money is taking over everything

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is my general rule on edge rushers. Far too often you pay them top dollar for what they have already done. They tend to trend downward quickly.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSs, but this seems the same about every position maybe except QB, you're paying them based off of what they've already done, then we get to expecting that they'll do this every season or close to it, when they don't then we hear "how much of a bad deal this was etc etc!"

shabazz

Reaction score

I guess I've already thrown away 2024 because of FA inactivity, Dak and McCarthy both possibly in lame duck years.

I'm actually feeling positive about a reboot/rebuild, so I'm looking for draft capital that gets "team-first" guys here....I could be mistaken though

plasticman

Reaction score
On the other hand, I don't know if I want a player on this team that is capable of discussing a loss comfortably. If he found a way to get out of it then I wouldn't make it a big deal.

I want playoff losses to torment my Cowboys players. i want them to leave a really bad taste in their mouths, unbearable. I want them to fear loss, be physically sickened by loss, their souls forever tormented.......almost as bad as I feel when they lose.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I guess I've already thrown away 2024 because of FA inactivity, Dak and McCarthy both possibly in lame duck years.

I'm actually positive about a reboot/rebuild, so I'm looking for draft capital that gets "team-first" guys here....I could be mistaken though
No, I'm right with you. Moving pieces before you lock yourself into big contracts & picking up draft picks to replace them with seems the best reset path.

I don't have any issues with CD but no need to keep him around at top dollar when you aren't going to be competitive.

shabazz

Reaction score
No, I'm right with you. Moving pieces before you lock yourself into big contracts & picking up draft picks to replace them with seems the best reset path.

I don't have any issues with CD but no need to keep him around at top dollar when you aren't going to be competitive.
Sometimes these reboots happen pretty fast. I believe the Rams were just 2 seasons and they were back. The Bills turnaround should be quick too.....the key is to have the right quarterback in place.