1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm very skeptical they would trade Parsons, but if they were to dangle Micah two 1sts should be the floor for draft compensation coming back. Teams picking towards the end of round 1 I would expect a couple more picks mixed in there too.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Of course he is wearing thin. One thing Jerry can't stand is not pretending everything is rainbows.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The time may be coming to make a move provided you can get a min. of two first-round selections. Micah may be at peak value now but another late-season/playoff dip in production can start to tarnish his value. The moniker of fades late (two bad words in horse racing) is starting to gain momentum outside of the state of Texas.

I’ve defended his mouth but if it's legitimately starting to be a problem inside the locker room, then it’s time to seriously consider moving on. Also, watch the Hangin' with Boys show with Charles Haley and listen to him talk about dogs and that he knows this team doesn't have one. Micah is great talent, but Charles is right, he ain't no TEAM dog.

Maybe Jerry’s idea of All In is really All Out on big ticket players.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The time may be coming to make a move provided you can get a min. of two first-round selections. Micah may be at peak value now but another late-season/playoff dip in production can start to tarnish his value. The moniker of fades late (two bad words in horse racing) is starting to gain momentum outside of the state of Texas.

I’ve defended his mouth but if it's legitimately starting to be a problem inside the locker room, then it’s time to seriously consider moving on. Also, watch the Hangin' with Boys show with Charles Haley and listen to him talk about dogs and that he knows this team doesn't have one. Micah is great talent, but Charles is right, he ain't no TEAM dog.

Maybe Jerry’s idea of All In is really All Out on big ticket players.
just got done watching that last night, boy was he spot on

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Someone please explain to me how 70 million in dead money is a cap killer when you only have Diggs under contract and the cap ceiling will be around $250 million . :huh:

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
just got done watching that last night, boy was he spot on
Was the best interview those guys have done. So glad to see that Charles is having such a positive influence on communities that need help. He's created a great life for himself outside of football and I know people like me were wondering what Crazy Charles might do without the sport. Thrilled to see him in such a good place and could listen to that man talk football for hours.

RS12

Reaction score
One sack and eight total tackles in four playoff games. That is very un LT like. They should listen to offers. Disappearing in the playoffs and being the highest paid defensive player in the league don't go hand in hand.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
One sack and eight total tackles in four playoff games. That is very un LT like. They should listen to offers. Disappearing in the playoffs and being the highest paid defensive player in the league don't go hand in hand.
just wait until he gets the money and REALLY loses the motivation to get the money!! He'll develop an injury history just like the others

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Was the best interview those guys have done. So glad to see that Charles is having such a positive influence on communities that need help. He's created a great life for himself outside of football and I know people like me were wondering what Crazy Charles might do without the sport. Thrilled to see him in such a good place and could listen to that man talk football for hours.
If we could hire him as the GM, boy none of these guys would be here lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Someone please explain to me how 70 million in dead money is a cap killer when you only have Diggs under contract and the cap ceiling will be around $250 million . :huh:
Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking why having 28% of you cap tied up in dead money is a bad thing?

They haven't given out a significant contract all season yet only have $6M in space right now. They could fix that pretty easily with Dak and Lamb extensions, but we have crickets on those fronts. The $70M is a cap killer because Jerry/Stephen want it to be this year. I'm not sure it's even up for debate that they're looking to reset the cap situation and taking their medicine this year. The only real debate is will they attempt to keep the current core roster intact or not. More and more signs are starting to point towards no though. The draft really can't get here soon enough though as that should give us a lot of the answers to the direction of this team.

stiletto

Reaction score
And to be clear, it's not his behavior on social media or podcasting that's the big issue.......it paying him like he's TJ Watt or Myle's Garrett.

No thanks
The playoff performances have left a lot to be desired for me. I can say that about most of the team though. Problem with Micah is, he kills bad teams and the announcers and media heads slobber all over him all season. That sells jerseys and Jerry is thrilled. He'll be the next guy that is overpaid probably...

1942willys

Reaction score
I have noticed he is not exactly a demonstrative team mate. Add that to his very selfish statements and his clear ME ME ME attitude and it is probably not a big surprise

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The playoff performances have left a lot to be desired for me. I can say that about most of the team though. Problem with Micah is, he kills bad teams and the announcers and media heads slobber all over him all season. That sells jerseys and Jerry is thrilled. He'll be the next guy that is overpaid probably...
I can't stand it, its "3rd and 12 you better make sure you keep an eye on #11", snaps the ball FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!