10th pick. Who are we picking?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So I've really only been paying attention to QB's. It's a long time until the draft but who are you guys looking at? Who do I need to start looking at?

My wish list.

1. QB - Cheap QB I think is what's best for this franchise.

2. 3 technique that can disrupt in the middle.. I think that is the biggest hole on defense. These guys just aren't available.

3. DB - I don't think our team will be greatly improved with a DB but guys are leaving and we need the talent. Safety is a never ending problem for this team and our corners were awful this past season.

4. Offensive Line - This is what made the Cowboys "great" in 14 and 16.. It's fading quick.

5. Jaylon replacement.. I don't think we need to use a premium pick on a linebacker.. How many linebackers make a difference in this league? We just need an athletic guy who does his job.

Kyle Pitts is going to be a topic of conversation too.. If the defenders are not that good where we are drafting and Pitts is sitting there at 10 then that would be hard to pass on.

I do like our TE's though and I feel Schultz really compliments all of the underneath stuff in our offense very well.

John813

Reaction score
1. QB -
Feels like at 10th overall we'll miss out on Fields,Wilson and probably Lance. Is Trask worth it at 10th overall? ehh. Like him but 10th feels like a reach now. Later in the 1st I'll be open to Trask if Dak is on another FT.

2. 3 technique
Sign me up if one blossoms up to being worthy at 10th overall. My bet is Nixon shoots up the boards.

3. DB -
At this time, seems like the most likely option with guys being available "worthy" of 10th overall. Farley or Surtain should be there.

4. Offensive Line
Harder sell for me now, but we'll see how Collins and Smith are in the offseason. Maybe we'll get a surprise retirement again.

5. Jaylon replacement
Sign me up, but we'll miss out on Parsons and I'm not sure at this time there's another LB worth taking this high.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is there a guy on a rookie contract in the NFL that could be dealt?

Not a bad year to trade for a known commodity.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So I've really only been paying attention to QB's. It's a long time until the draft but who are you guys looking at? Who do I need to start looking at?

My wish list.

1. QB - Cheap QB I think is what's best for this franchise.

2. 3 technique that can disrupt in the middle.. I think that is the biggest hole on defense. These guys just aren't available.

3. DB - I don't think our team will be greatly improved with a DB but guys are leaving and we need the talent. Safety is a never ending problem for this team and our corners were awful this past season.

4. Offensive Line - This is what made the Cowboys "great" in 14 and 16.. It's fading quick.

5. Jaylon replacement.. I don't think we need to use a premium pick on a linebacker.. How many linebackers make a difference in this league? We just need an athletic guy who does his job.

Kyle Pitts is going to be a topic of conversation too.. If the defenders are not that good where we are drafting and Pitts is sitting there at 10 then that would be hard to pass on.

I do like our TE's though and I feel Schultz really compliments all of the underneath stuff in our offense very well.

What QBs would you draft at 10?

J-man

Reaction score
IMHO it'll be either a CB or a DE at 10.
DE will not be as popular a pick as CB because of the depth we have, but Rousseau from Miami has that much potential that JJ may not be able to pass on him.

conner01

Reaction score
If he feel I’d take parsons but likely to be one of Farley, surtain or horn
Rousseau is one guy I wouldn’t touch at all in first round

baltcowboy

Reaction score
After watching how Diggs played this season. I want another big athletic corner. I want Caleb Farley. Defensively with two big ball hawks a corners teams will be forced to throw the ball into the middle of the field.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
IMHO it'll be either a CB or a DE at 10.
DE will not be as popular a pick as CB because of the depth we have, but Rousseau from Miami has that much potential that JJ may not be able to pass on him.
I think Rousseau is the riskiest player possible
Potential yes but potential to bust with him is very high
Plays with no technique and played more inside than outside

Sydla

Reaction score
There is ZERO CHANCE we are taking a QB in this first round. Zero.

Well unless a picture of Trevor Lawrence smoking a bong hits social media the day before the draft. Then maybe if he fell to us, we'd take him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can’t draft a 4-3 LB at 10. And unless Jaylon gets cut (never happening) where would they play? I would ideally draft a DT but doubt there is one worth that pick so give me the top corner on the board. Or trade back.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
if nobody drops to us, then it'll be corner in round 1. This year's crop kinda dictates that. One of those "nobodys" that could drop sure could include TE, LB, QB this year. If one does drop, it could mean pick or trade, depending on what happens on the phone.

After that, best player available according to the team's "perceived" need (taking payroll already invested at the position, and future holes at the position into account), which probably includes DL, OL, LB, S

nathanlt

Reaction score
PFN has a draft simulator that for some reason has dropped Patrick Surtain to #15 on the big board. While I don't think that will last after the national championship. Here's an actual simulation result after a tradedown in the first round and some later tradedown picks that were offerred, no 2022 picks were traded or gained. I think the defensive issues are addressed with this draft!!
19. Patrick Surtain, CB Alabama
44. Christian Barmore DT Alabama
58. Baron Browning LB Ohio State
75. Shaun Wade, CB Ohio State
105. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State
132. Monty Rice LB Georgia
164. Mike Rose LB Iowa State
167. Tommy Togiai DT Ohio State
200. Tommy Doyle OT Miami (OH)

Gaede

Reaction score
My guess is Surtain or Zaven Collins (if he tests well). We may have even extra info on both when we were looking at Diggs and Robinson.

I don't expect Parsons to be available.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
barmore will not get past the 15th pick.

To me he fits the biggest need. Wouldnt really be much of a reach. He wouldnt be the BPA imo but for this team he's be the smart pick. Not that many quality DTs in this draft. Tomlinson and Barmore starters in 2021 for me.

RamziD

Reaction score
I’m hoping for either Parsons or Surtain II. If 4 QBs (Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson), 2 OTs (Sewell, Slater), and 2 WRs (Chase, Smith) go before us then one of them will be available.

if we trade down, Barmore or Moses would be good picks.