10th pick. Who are we picking?

cnuball21

Reaction score
You may be right... I’m very interested in what they both run at the combine.

Bottom line for me is that I do really like both, but I do love Surtain’s savvy.

Same for me. If Surtain runs in the 4.4s with a quick 3 cone sign me up.

Plankton

Reaction score
Lamb just had 1K+ total yards with a backup QB and a banged up OL on a rookie deal and we're talking about trading him?...yikes. He needs to clean up the focus drops but he has the makings to be an absolute star WR in this league.

I'd put Chase up against him but I don't have Smith at the same level as a prospect. He's an exceptional college player but playing WR at the next level at 175 pounds is going to be an uphill climb and I worry about durability.

Devonta Smith has a lot of the same physical qualities as Marvin Harrison, and Harrison played 13 years in the NFL.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Devonta Smith has a lot of the same physical qualities as Marvin Harrison, and Harrison played 13 years in the NFL.

He did, and he's an outlier.

I'f I'm picking in the top 10 I'd be awfully hesitant hoping he can be another outlier.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I would love to grab a defensive tackle in free agency but do we have enough money to pry Tomlinson away from the Giants?
Dallas can make the money happen. Restructures to Cooper, Tyron and Martin would give Dallas close to 30mil. And i dont think Dak is going to cost as much as most thing in yr one with a longer deal which i think he will accept now that security means more then reaching FA again sooner.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't really have a MLB and from what I have read Micah Parsons is the best Defenseman in the country this year. If he falls, you take him.
Dallas really needs a 330lb NT with quicks and massive strength........none available with that kind of grade in the 1st round.
Dallas really needs a FS. None I see that should be drafted at 10.
That leaves CB -- which is a position that there are a couple in Surtain and Farley that might be there and it is a position that Jerry might draft round 1.

So my best guess is that Dallas ends up with a CB. (assuming Dak is signed long term, and both starting T are returning full strength)

With this said, if Dak isn't signed long term by then.....if I were Dallas I'd be looking QB if TLawrence, Fields or Young are there.
IF Tyron Smith or Collins don't look like they will be back at full strength -- I'd be looking OT

I don't think you need a 3T because you have Gallimore and HIll as well as vet McCoy, but if a stud is available there............take him.

KDM256

Reaction score
Patrick Surtain and its not even close. I don't think he'll last to the 10 pick because he'll be the first corner taken off the board.

Kid has been solid since his freshman year at Bama with 36 starts under his belt and improve each season to the point opposing teams rarely throw to his side of the field. Not alot of interceptions just one pick 6 but 11 PDU this season alone. This kid has matched up with every respectable WR inthe SEC and held his own more times than not, on top of epic battles in practice going up against guys like Devonta Smith, Waddle, Ruggs and Jeudy.

This kid is day 1 ready made and will be making pro-bowl like plays on Sundays once he adjust to the NFL.

Motorola

Reaction score
So I've really only been paying attention to QB's. It's a long time until the draft but who are you guys looking at? Who do I need to start looking at?

My wish list.

1. QB - Cheap QB I think is what's best for this franchise.

2. 3 technique that can disrupt in the middle.. I think that is the biggest hole on defense. These guys just aren't available.

3. DB - I don't think our team will be greatly improved with a DB but guys are leaving and we need the talent. Safety is a never ending problem for this team and our corners were awful this past season.

4. Offensive Line - This is what made the Cowboys "great" in 14 and 16.. It's fading quick.

5. Jaylon replacement.. I don't think we need to use a premium pick on a linebacker.. How many linebackers make a difference in this league? We just need an athletic guy who does his job.

KYLE PITTS is going to be a topic of conversation too.. If the defenders are not that good where we are drafting and Pitts is sitting there at 10 then that would be hard to pass on.

I do like our TE's though and I feel Schultz really compliments all of the underneath stuff in our offense very well.
'Catch 17' good post
- Kyle Pitts acknowleged as a top TE - 2020 Consensus All-American.
If the Cowboys believe Blake Jarwin will bounce back from his injury and Dalton Schultz has turned the corner...the Cowboys may be presented with an opportunity to gain draft capital from another team if Pitts is available at pick 10.
BUT - if the Cowboys think Pitts could be the next TE capable of production like George Kettle and Travis Kelce...... does the Gator TE become the latest in a number of recent controversial 1st round picks by Dallas?

Last edited:

Croomraider

Reaction score
My favorite:

Surtain Jr --- Let's get Surtain + Diggs back together.
M. Parsons --- The first guy I wanted the cowboys to get
Wade --- His stock is falling to the second round but this guy is good
Fields --- Quarterback is hands down the most important position, nothing is even SECOND close, I've never understood the argument of you can't have two great quarterbacks.. especially with one being on a rookie contract and the other being on the franchise tag, I say draft him if he falls, get ride of Dalton ASAP! You can always trade one of the two QB's.
Pitts --- I know if Jarwin comes back healthy and Shultz, we have a crowded position -- but Pitts is a game changer
D. Smith --- I don't care how many wideouts we have, he's unreal and won't make it past the bengals

Our OLine and DLine don't need any help, they just need to get healthy, and their respective backups got great LIVE game reps in 2020.

Our Secondary always needs help. If Diggs could move to the other edge and we get Surtain Jr. than this Defense would be instantly better.

Please, please draft a safety before round 4. I love the play of Wilson down the stretch but lets get some more depth and competition. Highly neglected postion.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There's lots of good players right around our pick range IMO.

Surtain: it all comes down to his 40, because his tape is bulletproof.
Farley: Uber-athlete with easy CB1 potential.
Pitts: Best TE in the last 10 or 15 years.
Parsons: Another uber-athlete, incredible tape, maybe off the field concerns though?
Leatherwood: Are his arms long enough for tackle? Dude's a proven gamer, and if you think he's got tackle potential, I think he needs to be high on the board.
Barmore: might be on the rise after he absolutely lit up Notre Dame. Wow, there's a lot of good Bama players this year.

Jaycee Horn is a guy I need to watch more tape on. Tyson Campbell too, as he is 6'2" and easily runs in the 4.3s. What I've read is that he's raw, but NFL teams absolutely covet that kind of size-speed combo in CBs. Like AJ Terrell last year, I'll bet you now that Campbell goes higher than we think.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Also, pick #10 this year is one situation where I trust the FO to make the most of it.

We're kind of in a spot this where we're waiting to see if a top guy falls to us, and from 2014-2020, Will McClay and co have rarely strayed away from drafting a stud athlete staring them in the face. Marinelli got cute with Trysten Hill and Taco, but like last year? CeeDee's there, you take him. Diggs is there, you take him. They are usually pretty good about not making easy picks hard (like say Zack Martin vs Johnny Manziel), so if say a guy like Parsons or Farley is sitting there, they're not going to out-think themselves.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Are we sleeping on Daviyon Nixon because he's been a late riser or is there something I don't know about him? He's rated 10th by some experts, so that would seem like a no-brainer unless someone a tier above him falls.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I'll laugh my head off if we take Kyle Pitts with our first pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There's lots of good players right around our pick range IMO.

Surtain: it all comes down to his 40, because his tape is bulletproof.
Farley: Uber-athlete with easy CB1 potential.
Pitts: Best TE in the last 10 or 15 years.
Parsons: Another uber-athlete, incredible tape, maybe off the field concerns though?
Leatherwood: Are his arms long enough for tackle? Dude's a proven gamer, and if you think he's got tackle potential, I think he needs to be high on the board.
Barmore: might be on the rise after he absolutely lit up Notre Dame. Wow, there's a lot of good Bama players this year.

Jaycee Horn is a guy I need to watch more tape on. Tyson Campbell too, as he is 6'2" and easily runs in the 4.3s. What I've read is that he's raw, but NFL teams absolutely covet that kind of size-speed combo in CBs. Like AJ Terrell last year, I'll bet you now that Campbell goes higher than we think.

Agree with all just can’t get on board with Barmore in the 1st. Solid potential but so inconsistent. I think rounds 2/3 are a good spot for this years top DTs.

garyv

Reaction score
So I've really only been paying attention to QB's. It's a long time until the draft but who are you guys looking at? Who do I need to start looking at?

My wish list.

1. QB - Cheap QB I think is what's best for this franchise.

2. 3 technique that can disrupt in the middle.. I think that is the biggest hole on defense. These guys just aren't available.

3. DB - I don't think our team will be greatly improved with a DB but guys are leaving and we need the talent. Safety is a never ending problem for this team and our corners were awful this past season.

4. Offensive Line - This is what made the Cowboys "great" in 14 and 16.. It's fading quick.

5. Jaylon replacement.. I don't think we need to use a premium pick on a linebacker.. How many linebackers make a difference in this league? We just need an athletic guy who does his job.

Kyle Pitts is going to be a topic of conversation too.. If the defenders are not that good where we are drafting and Pitts is sitting there at 10 then that would be hard to pass on.

I do like our TE's though and I feel Schultz really compliments all of the underneath stuff in our offense very well.

Caleb Farley CB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So I haven't watched much of anything yet.

But what about Farley at 10 and double dipping in the 1st and getting the guy from Tulsa by moving up from the 2nd?