11 Unusual Ways Steve Jobs Made Apple The World's Most Admired Tech Company

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3887652 said:
Newsflash...

Using a computer isn't rocket science.

If it's challenging for you - well - sucks to be you.

It's relative. You obviously have never supported end users. For some of them, it freaking is rocket science. :banghead:

That is part of the reason, I love being an infrastructure engineer and not a support guy. Nothing suck more than having to help an absolute idiot who can't understand simple instructions.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
nyc;3887713 said:
It's relative. You obviously have never supported end users. For some of them, it freaking is rocket science. :banghead:

That is part of the reason, I love being an infrastructure engineer and not a support guy. Nothing suck more than having to help an absolute idiot who can't understand simple instructions.

I do not miss the bad old days of doing phone support and internal help desk. It really made me wonder about the intelligence of the average person.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
nyc;3887713 said:

On the flip side is the user who doesn't need support and is hindered by it. My home machine runs so much smoother because there are no pre-emptive junk measures by some goofy IT dept that thinks it knows better than you.

Macs rarely need all the junk an IT dept insists on having on it and it just ends up running like crap. I really hate IT.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kapolani;3887652 said:
Newsflash...

Using a computer isn't rocket science.

If it's challenging for you - well - sucks to be you.
People often confuse working improperly and being buggy with being complex.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vta;3887738 said:
On the flip side is the user who doesn't need support and is hindered by it. My home machine runs so much smoother because there are no pre-emptive junk measures by some goofy IT dept that thinks it knows better than you.

Macs rarely need all the junk an IT dept insists on having on it and it just ends up running like crap. I really hate IT.

Whoa, don't always accuse the IT staff of determining what needs to be on your PC. It isn't always their idea. I've seen management mangle up things pretty good. It usually happens right after an idiot sales guy pays them a visit. :banghead:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
nyc;3887747 said:
Whoa, don't always accuse the IT staff of determining what needs to be on your PC. It isn't always their idea. I've seen management mangle up things pretty good. It usually happens right after an idiot sales guy pays them a visit. :banghead:

Not always, and you're right, that probably is the case sometimes. "What if" is a very costly proposition in terms of money, time and streamlining work flow. If not for 'what if', I'd be working much smoother at work. I could say with 100% honesty, I don't need them, whatever the reason they insist on 'Window-ing' up my Mac..

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;3887730 said:
I do not miss the bad old days of doing phone support and internal help desk. It really made me wonder about the intelligence of the average person.

I have to deal with it everyday at work and at home. :bang2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
vta;3887738 said:

We don't like you either :p:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3887949 said:
I have to deal with it everyday at work and at home. :bang2:

At work and at home? You are at both places, are you the problem? :laugh2:

Temo

Reaction score
I just got an iPhone yesterday. I wasn't going to get an Apple, but then I read up on jail-breaking. I think a Jailbroken iPhone is the best phone out there for my needs. Though I don't know how people deal with unjailbroken iphones. Seriously, that **** makes me feel like I'm in preschool the way they treat users.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
kapolani;3888051 said:
You didn't make a comment.

You posted one word.
I didn't say Legos or Twinkies, I said Unix. If you can't figure out that I was saying that Mac OSX was derived from Unix then I suppose nothing I say will make sense.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;3886588 said:
I understand. For those who aren't technically inclined, like yourself, the apple products are very good for you. They are extremely easy to use. One just better hope they never break.

Also getting into the Apple market is never cheap and the cost in fixing those things under warranty or not can get rather rediculous for the customer.

Apple just needs to be careful. As I stated earlier in the thread, the bubble is about to burst because all of the other products are clearly catching up to Apple.

Jobs is otw out and we all know how Apple did when he left last time.

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

One last thing.

Starbucks is HORRIBLE. You don't know coffee if you are taking it in at Starbucks.

The last place I would look for a good cup of joe.

Many Computer Scientist's use Mac's because it's linux based.

kapolani

Reaction score
tupperware;3888061 said:
I didn't say Legos or Twinkies, I said Unix. If you can't figure out that I was saying that Mac OSX was derived from Unix then I suppose nothing I say will make sense.

I thought you were trying to give him an alternative to using Max OSX.