13 Dallas Cowboys who should be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't volunteer to replace Gabriel at the Gates to Heaven any time soon...
Sorry guy, but you have no idea what the Hall of Fame is all about if you think Don Meredith and Tony Romo were Hall of Fame QBs. If they had a Hall of Fame for toughness Don Meredith would be in on the first ballot, but that’s not what the Hall of Fame is about.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Charlie Waters was a good player for the Cowboys, but he was another player who wasn’t even close to being a Hall of Fame player. He’s not even in the Cowboys ROH.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lee Roy and Dandy need to be next for sure. Great players.

Waters and Harris were great too.
How was Don Meredith a Hall of Fame QB? He had a 1-3 playoff record and lost a couple of championship games to the Packers. He got booed so much by Cowboys fans he got fed up and quit. He talked about all the fan abuse he took in an interview. He had less than 18,000 yards passing in his career. Meredith was the Cowboys first good QB, and was as tough as they come, but he was no Hall of Fame QB. That’s just being honest. A lot of fans loved him as an announcer and look back on his playing days and feel sorry for him. Players don’t get inducted into the Hall of Fame because people feel sorry for them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How was Don Meredith a Hall of Fame QB? He had a 1-3 playoff record and lost a couple of championship games to the Packers. He got booed so much by Cowboys fans he got fed up and quit. He talked about all the fan abuse he took in an interview. He had less than 18,000 yards passing in his career. Meredith was the Cowboys first good QB, and was as tough as they come, but he was no Hall of Fame QB. That’s just being honest. A lot of fans loved him as an announcer and look back on his playing days and feel sorry for him. But he simply wasn’t a Hall of Fame QB.

He's getting in as a legendary broadcaster.

Witten isn't getting in either unless they have a section for ridiculous hair pieces.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Witten isn't getting in either unless they have a section for ridiculous hair pieces.
He won’t be getting in as a legendary broadcaster. Not even Howard Cosell is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was a lot better broadcaster and much more legendary than Don Meredith. As for Jason Witten, he’s a first ballot on lock for the Hall of Fame.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He won’t be getting in as a legendary broadcaster. Not even Howard Cosell is in the pro football, Hall of Fame. As for Jason Witten, he’s a first ballot on lock for the Hall of Fame.
ridiculous hair piece section?

kskboys

Reaction score

Depending on who else is eligible, Witten could be a 1st ballotter in 26.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you have such a problem with Jason Witten. He was a great player for the Cowboys and a legit Hall of Fame player.
I don't understand why you have a problem with the older players getting in. I guess you didn't see them play? or you want them to get in when it's too late like Chuck

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you have such a problem with Jason Witten. He was a great player for the Cowboys and a legit Hall of Fame player.
4th all time in receptions(2nd among TEs) and holds the record for most receptions by a TE in a game at 18.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't understand why you have a problem with the older players getting in. I guess you didn't see them play? or you want them to get in when it's too late like Chuck
I have absolutely no problem with older players getting in. I grew up watching many of those players, but some of the players that have been mentioned weren’t Hall of Fame players. I’m just being honest. I think Harvey Martin deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and had they counted sacks during his years he would be. He had something like 25 sacks one season that don’t count on his record, because sacks weren’t an official stat back then. He was a Super Bowl MVP and was one of the all-time great Cowboys. He should be in the HOF and the Cowboys ROH.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry guy, but you have no idea what the Hall of Fame is all about if you think Don Meredith and Tony Romo were Hall of Fame QBs. If they had a Hall of Fame for toughness Don Meredith would be in on the first ballot, but that’s not what the Hall of Fame is about.
Now a second straight stereotype hyping lack of knowledge when it was discussion on a discussion centered OP of possible candidates by a respected and knowledgeable writer not just introduced into the topic of NFL talent that are additionally respected and former Cowboys.

I won't wear that label a second time as well...I haven't offered an opinion beyond introducing a resource for showing respect.

Sorry, this fan is into showing respect and not setting barriers for hero worship.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I have absolutely no problem with older players getting in. I grew up watching many of those players, but some of the players that have been mentioned weren’t Hall of Fame players. I’m just being honest. I think Harvey Martin deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and had they counted sacks during his years he would be. He had something like 25 sacks one season that don’t count on his record, because sacks weren’t an official stat back then. He was a Super Bowl MVP and was one of the all-time great Cowboys. He should be in the HOF and the Cowboys ROH.
I'm not opposed to Witten getting in, I think the older players should be first.

CCBoy

Reaction score
How was Don Meredith a Hall of Fame QB? He had a 1-3 playoff record and lost a couple of championship games to the Packers. He got booed so much by Cowboys fans he got fed up and quit. He talked about all the fan abuse he took in an interview. He had less than 18,000 yards passing in his career. Meredith was the Cowboys first good QB, and was as tough as they come, but he was no Hall of Fame QB. That’s just being honest. A lot of fans loved him as an announcer and look back on his playing days and feel sorry for him. Players don’t get inducted into the Hall of Fame because people feel sorry for them.
Did Dan Marino win a trophy his whole career even with Jimmy Johnson pushing buttons?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Witten getting in, I think the older players should be first.
The players that are slam dunk Hall of Fame players should go in ahead of players that are on the bubble. Jason Witten deserves to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. It wouldn’t be fair to push Witten aside for a year or so, because another lesser player has been waiting longer. The Hall of Fame doesn’t work that way. The greater the player the sooner they’ll get into the Hall of Fame.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The players that are slam dunk Hall of Fame players should go in ahead of players that are on the bubble. Jason Witten deserves to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. It wouldn’t be fair to push Witten aside for a year or so, because another lesser player has been waiting longer. The Hall of Fame doesn’t work that way. The greater the player the sooner they’ll get into the Hall of Fame.
yeah, chuck howley said that's how it works.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did Dan Marino win a trophy his whole career even with Jimmy Johnson pushing buttons?
Are you saying Don Meredith was on the same level as Dan Marino? Lol Just to fill you in, Dan Marino was one of the all-time great NFL QBs. Possibly the greatest pure passer in NFL history. He was the first QB to pass for over 5000 yards and he did it with a couple of receivers who will never even sniff the Hall of Fame. He was the all-time leading passer when he retired from the NFL. No offense, but you continue to prove you don’t know what you’re talking about.