#17 Kellen Moore is On The Roster

DFWJC

Reaction score
Give Weeden a run???? He's practically got him beat already. And for stretching a field....I'd put money on it straight up Kellen could out throw Romo distance wise. Do people really think Romo can still heave it 60+ yards? I know Kellen can....I seriously doubt Romo can w/o a running start.
I'm not gonna get into a pissing war on your guy.

He's a Cowboy now, so I want him to succeed.
My Weeden comment was a compliment to Moore given that I was saying Weeden needs to look over his shoulder for a player who has been in the league 3 years and yet to throw an official NFL completion.

Probably be good to leave the NFL's top ranked passer out of it for now though.

Cebrin

Reaction score

He can launch it, he just doesn't do it often because bombs tend to equal mistakes. He's a smart thrower much like Romo. I'm stoked about this. If Romo can help him develop up to NFL speed, he has a lot of upside.

DFWJC

Reaction score

He can launch it, he just doesn't do it often because bombs tend to equal mistakes. He's a smart thrower much like Romo. I'm stoked about this. If Romo can help him develop up to NFL speed, he has a lot of upside.

Fun play

He got a running start--like a punt/pass/kick contest--heaved it as far as he could, and it traveled 57 yards in the air. Any decent high school QB could do that.

You're right though regarding his brain and overall position savvy

joseephuss

Reaction score

A running start got him just under 60 yards. I disagree that he has a lot of upside. He has some upside, but not a lot.

Cebrin

Reaction score
A running start got him just under 60 yards. I disagree that he has a lot of upside. He has some upside, but not a lot.

Poor mechanics. He didn't follow thru with the pass properly. How often are QB's throwing 60 yd passes? Respectively, even with poor mechanics, that ball couldn't have landed in a much better spot. It was a nice throw.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Fun play

He got a running start--like a punt/pass/kick contest--heaved it as far as he could, and it traveled 57 yards in the air. Any decent high school QB could do that.

You're right though regarding his brain and overall position savvy

I take it you have never been to Reno....The wind blows like a muther there. Funny how that clip didn't show the next play were the kicker missed the chipshot FG because of the 25 MPH wind blowing from left to right.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo fan, by the way. I just don't see why people are knocking this kid. If I remember correctly, Romo was very close to being a practice squad chump himself until Quincey lost his marbles and opened up a roster spot. You never know.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I take it you have never been to Reno....The wind blows like a muther there. Funny how that clip didn't show the next play were the kicker missed the FG because of the 25 MPH wind blowing from left to right.

He missed two kicks that game if I remember correctly. Sad. What a play to get them in position for the win.

2much2soon

Reaction score
From what I heard (and having watched every game Moore played in college - yes I am literally a BSU homer living 2 miles from the stadium) Moore was like an extra QB coach to Stafford in Detroit.

The guy's football IQ is considered genius by people who know. I think John Gruden is one of them. Moore's dad was a long time hs coach and Kellen is one of those guys, a coach's son.

But yeah, his arm strength is suspect but he also throws every pass with just what it is needed on it. And it sounded like the Detroit locker room respected him and considered a great leader on the field running their offense. He just never seemed to get many pre-season reps with the first teamers.

Linehan really likes him and I always kinda thought Moore might end up here with him.

Oh yeah, here are some high highlights. Around the 3:47 mark he takes a big step into one and throws it 57-58 yards.
But the thing about Kellen Moore is he can throw it into a one gallon bucket at 55 yards.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Nice!

lol

What I don't get is after all that Romo has gone through and how crazy good he was much of last year--how can there still so much blatant disrespect--especially from Cowboys fans.

I like Moore ok, The kid has moxie. But as a steady backup and certainly not as long term starting NFL QB.
But some of these disrespectful comments toward Tony almost make me not like Moore already. almost.

all in good "fun" I guess, or hope.

Calm down, nobody looks at this third stringer as anyay near the stud that Romo is.

Zman5

Reaction score
Jason Garret did not have a noodle arm. Do you remember what he did to Greenbay?

Anyone can throw a high floating long ball. Watch them throw a medium range out pass and you'll see who has a strong arm and who has a noodle arm.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
11802102_10204769163501234_55711783_n.jpg

You are on drugs.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Honestly...he should ask for his #11 from Beasley.....

Beasley shouldn't have to give 11 up for a guy on the practice squad. Even if Moore makes the 53 he needs to prove himself a Cowboy first before asking a solid contributor for his jersey number

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Give Weeden a run???? He's practically got him beat already. And for stretching a field....I'd put money on it straight up Kellen could out throw Romo distance wise. Do people really think Romo can still heave it 60+ yards? I know Kellen can....I seriously doubt Romo can w/o a running start.

not sure about the Romo comparison but I agree about the weak arm thing being exaggerated, was watching some of Kellen's highlights and he can throw the ball around. Seen a few long ones thrown in that video too

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
JJ Watt is gonna wish he had a QB half as good as Kellen.....after this season. Texans are a mess.

Alight Homer "Bronco" Simpson... stop trolling the troll bait eaters...
Good luck to Mr. Moore... but he's no Roger.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Beasley shouldn't have to give 11 up for a guy on the practice squad. Even if Moore makes the 53 he needs to prove himself a Cowboy first before asking a solid contributor for his jersey number
Correct
Even further, Beasley wouldn't have to give up his jersey for anyone...period. But yeah, especially a bench dude.