Twitter: 17th Game Schedule

Blackspider214

Reaction score
More meaningful football is good in my book.

Except the NFL at 16 games is already a huge grind and just becoming who is the most healthy. Adding another game will just water it down even more. I hope the players union will be demanding a bigger salary, pro-rated to their current contracts. No way am I playing an extra game for free that was based on a 16 game contract.

Pretty much every sports league plays way too many games. They only increased the games as the popularity rose and the owners got greedy and wanted more money.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Pretty much every sports league plays way too many games. They only increased the games as the popularity rose and the owners got greedy and wanted more money.

Players salaries grew with along with it, which is why you don't hear them complaining. The NFL and NFLPA worked out 17th game compensation before this was announced to the public.

I agree most pro leagues play too many games, though. Especially when half the league makes the playoffs.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I can’t believe they’re not using neutral stadiums for the games... Gives every team with an extra home game an unfair advantage in that year.
Except if all teams in the same conference have the extra home game, which is what they are doing, then there's really no unfair advantage....

JBS

Reaction score
I can’t believe they’re not using neutral stadiums for the games... Gives every team with an extra home game an unfair advantage in that year.

What difference does it make if the other conference has a home game? There is no advantage at all..every nfc team is on the road..what happens in the afc is irrelevant

Ghost12

Reaction score
Swear teams that have nothing to play for this last week will treat this game like the pro bowl no effort no nuffin
I don't think it means this new game is the 17th game on everyone's schedule. I think they are just calling it the "17th game" since it is the new matchup. I expect the usual "finish the season with divisional game" routine