Twitter: 17th Game Schedule

Ghost12

Reaction score
I'm referring to an article that was written back when they were first seriously talking about adding a 17th game and the formula in handling the game. That article first explained that an entire division would play the same division in the other conference and each team would play the team that finished the same place like 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. This article even used the Cowboys as an example stating that they would play the patriots in NE. It said that each year it would alternate which conference would be the home team. That all has been correct and in that same article it said that they would use that formula and play those games in week 15. It's not been officially announced but everything else in that article has been correct so I see no reason to think that this isn't right also.
Well I would need to see the source article itself, otherwise I think you're simply misremembering. There's no reason whatsoever to force all these new games into one single weekend. KC-GB, for example, is a game they are going to want to put in a sweeps period so it'll probably be a November SNF game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
18 games and 2 byes are just a matter of time. A 20-week NFL schedule: 20 weeks of TV with 20 weeks of commercials, followed by a 16-team playoff.