Twitter: 17th Game Schedule

Ghost12

Reaction score
That’s the assumption. Imagine making a team play 9 road games back to back years LOL
So now every 4th year it will be NFC East at AFC East without the chance to ever host those teams as the "17th game" (obviously we still host them during the usual 8-year rotation already in place).... weaksauce

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. As I said in another thread, I don't think that the NFL has really thought this idea through. Teams with more road games than home games will have a legitimate complaint when that extra road game results in them missing the playoffs or a lower seed. The NFL should really vote this down and reconvene next year to agree on 18. Otherwise, this is going to be a disaster.
Somebody hasn't thought this through, but it isn't the NFL. Every team in the NFC will play 8 home games and 9 road games. Every AFC team will play 9 home games and 8 road games. Which team has a legitimate complaint?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. The Egals play WFT back-to-back. Shame they only play the JETS once & not twice being the NY JETS have never defeated the Philadelphia Egals. o_O

Praxit

Reaction score
..Gordy smiling, knowing more fish sticks to his plate. It was never about the fans or players. ..but you can guess it.... ;)

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully this season isn't a disaster so I actually want to watch a 17th game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am no fan of this 17th game, but the whole reason it is all NFC at AFC is so no team will have an unfair advantage over another team when it comes to playoffs and seeding. Everyone in the NFC has 8 home, 9 away this year. You won't be competing for seeding with a team who has 9 home and 8 away since those teams are all in the AFC.

Now, of course, one may point to the SOS being unfair from this 17th game, but that's a whole 'nother matter....

That may be, but most teams are better at home than the road. If you're a team that wins more at home than the road, that would be an issue. By putting the 17th game in a neutral venue, both teams must travel, thereby not being a true home game for anyone.

Havic

Reaction score
What a load of crap. Decrease the salary cap, get a big TV Contract, and then expand to 17 game schedule right after. Players should be pissed at this

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Somebody hasn't thought this through, but it isn't the NFL. Every team in the NFC will play 8 home games and 9 road games. Every AFC team will play 9 home games and 8 road games. Which team has a legitimate complaint?

That may make it easier since it's not NFC on NFC, so the tiebreaker there isn't impacted. However, many teams perform better at home than on the road. By putting it in a neutral venue, both teams have no true home game. Thus, keeping things a bit more even to where no team can complain about uneven home and away games impacting their postseason positioning. That's my take at least.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Except the NFL at 16 games is already a huge grind and just becoming who is the most healthy. Adding another game will just water it down even more. I hope the players union will be demanding a bigger salary, pro-rated to their current contracts. No way am I playing an extra game for free that was based on a 16 game contract.

Pretty much every sports league plays way too many games. They only increased the games as the popularity rose and the owners got greedy and wanted more money.

I get what you’re saying, but I watch football to be entertained.

CBA and player safety aren’t my concern; that’s for the owners and players association to agree on, which they did.

Call me callous or uncaring, but every player voluntarily agreed to be a part of the league. They’re grown men, making their own life decisions. High risk, high reward. They play, I watch. That’s about all I see it as.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t mind it. More football.

The only bad thing I see is more potential for injuries before the playoffs.