Twitter: 17th Game Schedule

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying, but I watch football to be entertained.

CBA and player safety aren’t my concern; that’s for the owners and players association to agree on, which they did.

Call me callous or uncaring, but every player voluntarily agreed to be a part of the league. They’re grown men, making their own life decisions. High risk, high reward. They play, I watch. That’s about all I see it as.

yeah there is a reason why the NFL is more entertaining then other Football leagues because they have the best talent...it becomes less entertaining when that talent is getting hurt before meaningful playoff games. Like how embarrassingly bad and unentertaining did the Cowboys get because Dak went down...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One less preseason game, one more real game. That's a good move.

Ghost12

Reaction score
That may be, but most teams are better at home than the road. If you're a team that wins more at home than the road, that would be an issue. By putting the 17th game in a neutral venue, both teams must travel, thereby not being a true home game for anyone.
Yes I understand that in a typical year, there exists a home field advantage. The point is all NFC teams have 8 at home and 9 on the road this year, so no NFC team has an unfair advantage over another NFC team when it comes to making the playoffs (or seeding).

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Great way to water down the level of play in the late season when players are injured as it was. And all this does is open the door to 18 games. I'd be fine with it if they added a bye week.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This removes a bit of the drama of division games closing out the season and creates more of a chance of a rematch in the SB and reduced drama.

I would have had nothing but conference games to bring the tie-breakers into the mix but I guess they didn't want to steal playoff thunder.

16, 17 or 18, I don't care but dropping pretend games for real ones is progress.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes I understand that in a typical year, there exists a home field advantage. The point is all NFC teams have 8 at home and 9 on the road this year, so no NFC team has an unfair advantage over another NFC team when it comes to making the playoffs (or seeding).

I get that. I just don't think that either team getting an uneven home and away game is a good idea. I am glad that there's no advantage between NFC teams in that sense. I suppose on that front it's not likely to result in a major change in playoffs. Still, I just think that a neutral site would be better or move it to 18 games, which is where it's heading anyway.

Valkyr

Reaction score
But there's just one problem with a 17 game season, we can't go 8-8 anymore!
Wait till Jason Garrett hears about that! :muttley:
8-8-1, baby!

source.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Swear teams that have nothing to play for this last week will treat this game like the pro bowl no effort no nuffin

They are extending the season to 17 games and have a formula but they aren't playing the "17th" game the last week but in week 15 where teams still may have a chance for a playoff spot and can't just blow off that game. If a team is already out of any chance at the playoffs it won't matter which game they play and could just tank any game.