1995 NFC championship game

EGTuna

Reaction score
If both JJs could have checked their egos, Dallas would have probably won 1-3 more SBs from 1996-2000. After that it would have been tough without a viable replacement for Troy. Or maybe Aikman doesn’t retire early due to back problems? Hard to say.

I’ll never forget those great teams from 1992-1995. I’d put them up against any other dynasty and lay the points.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I rather wish that it had been Dallas-San Fran for the 4th year in a row. Although that might not have been the best of things, as the Niners were considerably more capable than the Packers of beating Dallas.

The Pack were a good team in 1995. Their fatal flaw though was that their defense simply could not stop the Cowboys offense at all between 1993-1995. They suffered six losses to Dallas in that timespan (all at Texas Stadium) - surrendering 36, 27, 42, 35, 34 and 38 points, respectively. The Cowboys O-line simply flat-out bullied them.

lwehlers

Reaction score
If you are talking about the 95 season, this is not true. We had a 12-4 record and the Niners were 11-5. We had homefield in the NFC that season.
I just looked that up I thought the niners did. twenty four years ago is a long time.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
1995 season proved its the Players that win the GAMES as we had no to little coaching.....

This people. This is the answer. You get playmakers in skill ,positions and surround them with quality players.

Players must execute or the coach's game plans mean nothing.

Coaching has a hand in winning. But the people on the field must win the game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Never miss an opportunity to complain. Merely enjoying something is way overrated.

Please explain to me how that is complaining. Switzer was a caricature of an NFL coach mixed with a circus clown.

Dave Campo as the defensive coordinator and Ernie Zampese as the offensive coordinator were the closest things to a head coach.

The grit of the leadership at the players level had as much, if not more to do with that team succeeding.

Aikman
Smith
Irvin
Haley
Woodson
Sanders

This is why the Cowboys won.

Not certain what this argument is about. but I don't see anything involved in complaining.

It's just stating a fact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please explain to me how that is complaining. Switzer was a caricature of an NFL coach mixed with a circus clown.

Dave Campo as the defensive coordinator and Ernie Zampese as the offensive coordinator were the closest things to a head coach.

The grit of the leadership at the players level had as much, if not more to do with that team succeeding.

Aikman
Smith
Irvin
Haley
Woodson
Sanders

This is why the Cowboys won.

Not certain what this argument is about. but I don't see anything involved in complaining.

It's just stating a fact.
Just watch this guy post in the future. There is a long standing pattern.

By the way, Switzer wasn’t the only coach on that team. Zampeze, Zimmer and others were considered pretty strong coaches.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

By the way, Switzer wasn’t the only coach on that team. Zampeze, Zimmer and others were considered pretty strong coaches.

What is going on here.......who's gonna watch him?????? OMG these comments and insights can be found by the **** Party,etc etc.....true big brother intimidation policy to say the least!
Hey bud be careful there watching us........LOL....:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

P.S. Here's what I think about you and your clan watching us........:espn:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is going on here.......who's gonna watch him?????? OMG these comments and insights can be found by the **** Party,etc etc.....true big brother intimidation policy to say the least!
Hey bud be careful there watching us........LOL....:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

P.S. Here's what I think about you and your clan watching us........:espn:
I’m goose stepping now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
hello did anyone record or watch the replay of the 1995 nfc championship game against the packers this morning at 2am. great game to watch again. you could tell the cowboys were at the end of there run but with better drafting could have prolonged that but we all know what happened after that. you could also tell that the packers were ready to take off. the cowboys had to play there butts off to win that game.
I recorded every Cowboys playoff game that season on VHS. I still watch them in the offseason. This game was their biggest challenge in the postseason, but I have to confess the SB victory over the Steelers was very special for me.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m goose stepping now.
OmerV said:

Here you go Omer watch me doing this to your threats......:espn::espn:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OmerV said:

Here you go Omer watch me doing this to your threats......:espn::espn:
Threats? Lol. My, you are a dramatic little feller aren’t you?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If both JJs could have checked their egos, Dallas would have probably won 1-3 more SBs from 1996-2000.

It wasn't just an issue of ego. The Cowboys players themselves said that they were getting burnt out from Jimmy's overbearing style and they needed a Switzer to release some of the unhealthy pressure.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I think this was the first time I crapped myself with happiness

Yeah the others were cool but it’s something about beating Green Bay that excites me
Agreed ... great season in general
A) beating the packers in the NFC Chamionship
B) FINALLY beating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The Packers led 27-24 in the fourth quarter, too, it's entirely possible they could have taken the game away from Dallas at that point.

I read an article in which some of the old-time Cowboys (that is, Cowboys from the 1960s-1970s) took some schadenfreude pleasure in watching Dallas defeat Green Bay seven consecutive times in the 1990s, calling it payback for what Green Bay did to Dallas in the 1960s.

rynochop

Reaction score
this game would have been played in san fran again if the packers would not have beaten the 49ers in the divisional game. the 49ers had home field advantage.
Wasn't there some terrible call that cost the game for SF? I may be thinking of another game

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Two things.

1. Even the most dissatisfied fan on this site can make a neutral comment on the team and not be dragging in something rancid. You have labeled him and now anything he says you read negative into it. I don't know him, so i see his comment and can relate.

2. I guess when I brought up Campo and Zampese wasn't enough about other coaches. The premise is coaches draw up plays, but players make plays. Draw them up all live long day but if the player doesn't get to that spot to make the tackle or the catch, your playbook looks like hieroglyphs.