1995 NFC championship game

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly believe that Randy Moss would have helped to keep that dynasty running a few more years.

In 1998, for sure. I think the Cowboys very possibly would have taken the No. 1 or No. 2 seed in the conference that year, maybe gone to one last Super Bowl (but quite possibly losing to Denver.)

In 1999, if Irvin had stayed healthy, Cowboys might win a playoff game, but the Rams were simply a flat-out juggernaut. They would have beaten the Cowboys in a shootout in the divisional playoffs, maybe some wild score like 48-42.

The biggest benefit Moss would have brought to Dallas would have been 2 first-round picks. With Moss on the roster, Jerry doesn't trade those two picks to Seattle for Joey Galloway. The dynasty could have lasted into the early 2000s - but it all depends on when Aikman retires.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly believe that Randy Moss would have helped to keep that dynasty running a few more years.
Agreed.

As a UNC guy, I love Greg Ellis and thought he was a solid defensive lineman, but Randy Moss was playing out of his mind almost his entire career.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I think we are just arguing semantics. The Cowboys from 89 to 92 was one of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history to that point. The turnaround was because of our savy drafting, amazing coaching and our culture.
All the NFL teams were impacted by the salary cap, it wasn't just the Cowboys. After Jimmy Johnson the teams coaching, culture, accountability, draft all went to &&*T. Just look at our 94,95.96,97,98,99,00,01 drafts
94- Shante Carver-- remember him?
Larry Allen- We got one... whohooo
95- Eric Bjornson
96- Kavika Pittman- how can we ever forget you? Randall Godfrey was good
97-David LaFleur-- Need i say more?, But we did get Coakley
98-Greg Ellis, Flozell the Hotel, Michael Myers was ok
99- Ekuban- Wow
00- Nothing
01- Quincy Carter

So in 8 years of drafting we got maybe 1 great and 5 good players.
The above is why our team collapsed, no the salary cap. Correlation does not equal causation.

It wasn' until 2002 that the Cowboys actually started drafting better.
It doesn't help we could have had Derrick Brooks and traded down in the infamous backup draft. Later we threw two picks Randall Randall Godfrey and Dexter Coakley at the position in short order.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Not being weird but this was the first game where I thought Michael might have been a little over coked, especially after post game cussing...but I loved it and the win. Watching highlights again reaffirms :laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
The entire 1995 season provided the evidence that Troy Aikman deserved the Hall of Fame.

It wasn't because of his personal offensive output, although it was another Pro Bowl year for him. It was his leadership.

Troy went to Jerry Jones and complained that practices weren't difficult enough. How many NFL players do that?

Leadership is an intangible that can be very underrated these days. Case in point, Dak Prescott.