1995 Regular Season: 49ers at Cowboys

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team is no where near the team from 1995. They were leaders and still influence under Jimmy's coaching even thought JJ was not there.
Different times and different players...the NFL has progressed and total passing yardage is the element for change that runs the beast now.

4,000 yard seasons under Jerry Jones:

1983 - 4156
1985 - 4236
1986 - 4003
2006 - 4067
2007 - 4290
2009 - 4483
2010 - 4208
2011 - 4453
2012 - 4992
2013 - 4226
2014 - 4008
2019 - 4902
2020 - 4511
2021 - 4963
2022 - 3911

(4,000 yard seasons with coaches)

Bill Parcells 2003-2006 (1)
Wade Phillips 2007-2010 (3)
Jason Garrett 2010-2019 (5)
Mike McCarthy 2020-Present (2)

fivetwos

Reaction score
I went down there for that one. Ugly story for another time.

Few remember, and some may not agree, that Dallas won the SB when GB went to SF in the playoffs and knocked them off.

I do not at all believe Dallas beats SF on the road that year. GB at home was a different story.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
That team in the 90s had something this current team does not. HEART. That NFCCG that Dallas lost, is one of my favorite games, not because we lost obviously, but they never quit, they fought with everything they had to win that game and just came up short, wasn't their day. This current team follows their leader, their unquestioned leader that we have heard 1 million times in the last 8 years, and folds like a cheap lawn chair when things get hard. They have no heart, they have no guts, and they have no chance to win anything of note. And it will remain that way until serious changes are made.

Creeper

Reaction score
The 49ers do seem to have our number right now but that means they have to play harder facing the 49ers. They all need to play better.

The Natural

Reaction score
The '95 team also had no answer for SF.

Philly wanted no part of the Cowboys last year in the playoffs, not after what we did to their defense on Christmas Eve.

Matchups matter.
Pardon me? :lmao2: Christmas Eve was in a cozy dome. Dak had nothing for Philly on the road, neither did Parsons.

lwehlers

Reaction score
The problem is this team is mentally weak. This team folds when they get punched in the mouth.

That 95 team was so much better in every phase than this team. It was a battle tested, recent Superbowl champion. They knew what it took to get the job done.

And they didn't have Dak Prescott throwing the ball with McCarthy calling the plays.

This team is AT best the 4th or 5th best team in the nfc. And thats not going to change.
this team also will be one and done if it gets to playoffs.

Nav22

Reaction score
Normally I would agree with the Philly comments, but as bad as those 49ers Playoff losses were, last year I felt we were still in it until the end even if it was a longshot. Not a complete butt whipping like this game. So I'm worried what difference will be now with Eagles.

What the hell happened to our defense? Not surprised Dak threw some catch-up turnovers. But was not expecting the defense to roll like that, the Oline to be so average with all the starters back, and seemed like our WRs were covered by glue all game.

Maybe SF is just that good. All this talk about the Cowboys choking and believing the hype... maybe we should give some respect to the Niners. Who knows... maybe they go 17-0.
They're the best team in football, just like they were last year until Purdy got hurt.

It is what it is.

mldardy

Reaction score
They're the best team in football, just like they were last year until Purdy got hurt.

It is what it is.
They were not better than the Eagles last year nor the Chiefs. Stop

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The chinks in the armor were already showing on that 95 team and fully imploded in 1997. The Deon trade got him away from SF and GB helped the Cowboys by beating the Niners in the divisional round....or else SF may have repeated. But that team did get through the playoffs and won a SB thanks to the mental toughness of the core players.

I don't see this team repeating that.....this could either turn ugly with no playoffs at all or go one and done as usual, and Jerry will be hyping the Boys as SB material in 2024.......rinse and repeat.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The chinks in the armor were already showing on that 95 team and fully imploded in 1997. The Deon trade got him away from SF and GB helped the Cowboys by beating the Niners in the divisional round....or else SF may have repeated. But that team did get through the playoffs and won a SB thanks to the mental toughness of the core players.

I don't see this team repeating that.....this could either turn ugly with no playoffs at all or go one and done as usual, and Jerry will be hyping the Boys as SB material in 2024.......rinse and repeat.
The Deion signing probably the only big “All Jerry Move” that ever panned out? LOL

TO didn’t end up pretty, but worked for a while,

I would consider recruiting Bill Parcells a huge “All Jerry Move” too, along with his first big move which was fire Landry, hire Jimmy.

The Natural

Reaction score
Dak didn't play last year in Philly.

Oops! Keep humiliating yourself.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I'm talking specifically about the "potential" playoff game in the NFC Championship game. You saw Dak stink up the joint the week prior on the road against SF, what in the hell makes you think he was going to go into an even more hostile environment and show up? All those laughing emojis to hide your tears.

Nav22

Reaction score
They were not better than the Eagles last year nor the Chiefs. Stop
Purdy's never lost a game he finished.
They have the best defense AND offensive skill position players in the league.

Yeah, I'd like their chances with a healthy team.

mcmvp

Reaction score
People keep posting videos from the 90s…like they mean something…it’s weird

Flamma

Reaction score
This team is no where near the team from 1995. They were leaders and still influence under Jimmy's coaching even thought JJ was not there.
It doesn't have to be the 95 team. No super bowl teams are stacked like the teams were back in the 80s and 90s.

We weren't beating the 49ers back in 1995. I remember being really happy when the Packers beat them. The Cowboys got lucky. Could they get lucky again? I don't think so. Mainly because Philly isn't the 95 Packers. We're not beating them at their place in the playoffs either.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm talking specifically about the "potential" playoff game in the NFC Championship game. You saw Dak stink up the joint the week prior on the road against SF, what in the hell makes you think he was going to go into an even more hostile environment and show up? All those laughing emojis to hide your tears.
I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

The 49ers have Dak's number. Dak has beaten pretty much every other NFC team at their place before.

You can cry about that if you'd like. Dak smoked the Eagles D just last season... hilarious how it doesn't count because it was at home.

He tossed 5 TDs last time he played in Philly, BTW. But that "doesn't count" either, right???
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Cute phrasing too!!

"More hostile environment" LOLLLL

You couldn't say "a better team" because the 49ers are literally the best team.

JustChip

Reaction score
giphy.gif
San Fran vs the 2023 Dallas Cowboys
:laugh:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

I thought about this game after Sunday night.

1995 regular season, 49ers at Cowboys. Week 11.

They had beaten us in the NFCCG the year before to end our 3peat dreams.

Steve Young was out and the game was in Dallas. Should've been an easy "revenge" win for us.

Instead, their backup QB Elvis Grbac torched us and the 49ers stomped us in our house, 38-20. It was 31-7 at halftime and 38-13 before we scored in garbage time (Jason Garrett to Michael Irvin!). Total domination. Aikman did get hurt early and missed the rest of the game, but we were already down 17-0 by then and he had thrown an INT.

Jimmy Johnson was long gone. We were in year 2 with Barry Switzer and he was now 0-3 vs the 49ers. It was a disheartening loss and there was a sense that the 49ers were simply better than us, and that our time was over.

We never saw them again that year. They lost to Green Bay in the divisional round and we beat Green Bay in the NFCCG and won the Super Bowl.

Moral of the story:

The current 49ers absolutely have our number, yes. They absolutely have Dak's number, yes.

But we're not scared of Philly and Dak has played pretty well vs Philly in his career (8-3 record, put 40 points on them last year).

Besides SF, nobody in the NFC should scare you. There are other good teams but none that look unbeatable.

Stick with this thing and let's see what happens.

There's a chance someone else knocks SF out (Philly? Detroit?) and we never even need to see them, just like the 1995 Super Bowl championship team never needed to see them.
:starspin:

Jonesboys compared to the 90's Cowboys....sacrilege. :)