Drafted by Cowboys 1st Round Pick - MLB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise St. (19th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I am willing to bet my posting privlidges here and accept a permanent ban that this guy will never even be a servicable player. If he's in the league in three years ban me on the spot. He will not be on an NFL roster, I guarantee it. Will struggle to make the team in his second year, you'll read about it, and they'll cut him or trade him for a 6th round pick. This is unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE

Mods, please take this cornmuffin on his word and make it happen.

marius

Reaction score
you have to consider something, the defensive with healthy Lee, plays very well, and without Lee, low performance, if the expectations on LVE are met, in theory the defense can maintain a steady pace, and if Jaylon Smith regains his level, we will be facing one of the best lines of LB in the league, but if it were to finalize the transfer by ET, we will be facing one of the best defense of the league, and maybe a cowboy version of the legion Boom

USMarineVet

Reaction score
31444755_1918332301546782_1898034563083403264_n.jpg

jday

Reaction score
So, does the 'kid' have a strength?
I'm working on a contribution where I intend to dive into that as I write. :thumbup:.

I'll probably drop it at some point today, but for a sneak peak: He is an elite athlete. That, however, doesn't always show up on tape.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'm working on a contribution where I intend to dive into that as I write. :thumbup:.

I'll probably drop it at some point today, but for a sneak peak: He is an elite athlete. That, however, doesn't always show up on tape.

Just for those curious, a "contribution" from jday is just a long winded diatribe where he uses CZ as a blog to express his personal opinion over 4000 words.

jday

Reaction score
Just for those curious, a "contribution" from jday is just a long winded diatribe where he uses CZ as a blog to express his personal opinion over 4000 words.
That's not true at all...it's more like 6,000 words...:thumbup:

Reactions: CWR

JBond

Reaction score
"Compares to Lee and Kuechly" my ***.

Cowboys fell in love with another athlete, an underwear Olympian, a workout warrior. They didn't solve anything.

Hate it.
141 tackles last year with no talent around him to help. Teams game planned for him and could not stop him. Great player. A bit raw, but with Lee by his side I expect great things.

Reactions: CWR

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Like a little kid, I was getting all worked up last night waiting to hear the name of a wide receiver. Then I heard LVE and, initially, was a little bummed.

But I'm liking this pick more and more as time goes on. Linebacker was a massive need. LVE was the best available at that point. He's an athletic, smart, instinctive player with off the charts measureables and football smarts. Always around the ball. Makes plays. Team leader. High character. Huge upside.

Basically, everything you want in a first round pick. I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I think the Cowboys nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.