Drafted by Cowboys 1st Round Pick - MLB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise St. (19th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
So I’m going over his tape... Vandersloot is an athlete (who’s also a playmaker)..A coverage guy,and can tackle,or blitz,who gets around the ball. He’s a total 3-4 OLB to me. Not a hard hitting 4-3 inside run stuffer,and needs a little help on shedding blocks,but there’s possibilities. I’d say his good ball instincts and his speed,are already a major instant addition for our ailing LB corp.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
I am willing to bet my posting privlidges here and accept a permanent ban that this guy will never even be a servicable player. If he's in the league in three years ban me on the spot. He will not be on an NFL roster, I guarantee it. Will struggle to make the team in his second year, you'll read about it, and they'll cut him or trade him for a 6th round pick. This is unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE

Bluefin

Reaction score
Slow, sucks at route running, and can't separate. Pass

Height and weight
Moore 6-0, 210
Ridley6-0, 189
Sutton 6-3, 218

10 yard split
Moore 1.54
Ridley 1.55
Sutton 1.52

Short shuttle
Moore 4.07
Ridley 4.37
Sutton 4.11

3 cone
Moore 6.95
Ridley 6.88
Sutton 6.57

Vertical jump
Moore 39.5
Ridley 31
Sutton 35.5

Broad jump
Moore 11
Ridley 9.17
Sutton 10.5

NFL%
Moore 97.1
Ridley 7.7
Sutton 94.4

Courtland Sutton is an elite athlete, he is not slow. He is taller and heavier than his counterparts.

He has the tools to develop into a #1.

Does he have the brains and the want to?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Height and weight
Moore 6-0, 210
Ridley6-0, 189
Sutton 6-3, 218

10 yard split
Moore 1.54
Ridley 1.55
Sutton 1.52

Short shuttle
Moore 4.07
Ridley 4.37
Sutton 4.11

3 cone
Moore 6.95
Ridley 6.88
Sutton 6.57

Vertical jump
Moore 39.5
Ridley 31
Sutton 35.5

Broad jump
Moore 11
Ridley 9.17
Sutton 10.5

NFL%
Moore 97.1
Ridley 7.7
Sutton 94.4

Courtland Sutton is an elite athlete, he is not slow. He is taller and heavier than his counterparts.

4.55 40
Watch the tape every catch is contested and the knock on him is his route running needs a lot of work. We just released this exact player with a different name.

Cebrin

Reaction score
"Compares to Lee and Kuechly" my ***.

Cowboys fell in love with another athlete, an underwear Olympian, a workout warrior. They didn't solve anything.

Hate it.

Baseless opinion. You should be a reporter, you'd it right in. His tape is great, especially for someone who packed on weight, and learned the position on the fly. He's going to be a good football player.

Last edited:

Bluefin

Reaction score
4.55 40
Watch the tape every catch is contested and the knock on him is his route running needs a lot of work. We just released this exact player with a different name.

How often does any NFL receiver run 40 yards in a straight line?

Dez Bryant would still be on the team if he had been willing to work at his craft

Courtland Sutton has the tools to develop as a route runner.

Does Dallas believe he will work at it? Does he have the internal fire they look for in players? Does he accept coaching?

That's what matters.

Chappy

Reaction score
I am willing to bet my posting privlidges here and accept a permanent ban that this guy will never even be a servicable player. If he's in the league in three years ban me on the spot. He will not be on an NFL roster, I guarantee it. Will struggle to make the team in his second year, you'll read about it, and they'll cut him or trade him for a 6th round pick. This is unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE

Save us all your dribble and leave now then.

rkell87

Reaction score
I think you're being a bit dramatic but even if you're correct in your assessment of the guy I think Carpenter/Jenkins/Claiborne shows they will hold on to him much longer than your bet length so I think you'll lose.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How about you take the ban now. Come back in 3 years and if he failed, me and some others will ban ourselves while you return and post away about.your victory.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Height and weight
Moore 6-0, 210
Ridley6-0, 189
Sutton 6-3, 218

10 yard split
Moore 1.54
Ridley 1.55
Sutton 1.52

Short shuttle
Moore 4.07
Ridley 4.37
Sutton 4.11

3 cone
Moore 6.95
Ridley 6.88
Sutton 6.57

Vertical jump
Moore 39.5
Ridley 31
Sutton 35.5

Broad jump
Moore 11
Ridley 9.17
Sutton 10.5

NFL%
Moore 97.1
Ridley 7.7
Sutton 94.4

E.St.Brown
6-5
1.54 ten

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is just wrong.

All the BSU LB did not try to stack but instead flank and playoff shoulders. He is not soft and avoid contact that is shown in spades when he plays off OL shoulders scrapes down the line and finishes. And frankly most NCAA ever coming out struggle taking on blocks. He holds better than Raquon Smith and Edmunds with worse handwork.

He is not lost in coverage. He anticipates crossing routes an route combinations buzzes them and jumps routes using rare fluidity to turn and run with receivers. His football IQ us excellent. He doesn't bite on playfakes.

And he is a 4.6 guy which is plenty fast then of course his agility and burst drills are off the charts. He can burst to the sideline easily. He gets excellent depth on his backpedal. As long as he is not manned up on WR he will be fine.

We will see. Its not that i dont wish this to be a great pick for us.I gonna be a LVE fan if he pans out. Guy is great when you listen to him talking.

But its just what i see on his college tape. He can have clocked speed as much as you want to post. He looks slow on the field when having to run to the sidlines. He is arriving there when the play is already stopped. And that happens on a regular basis. His backpadel is good but if the throw goes to another receiver in his area he is always the last to arrive there. That only If he even recognizes it which seems to be another weakness of his game.

I dont like this pick at all.

Most of all it was a reach. We could have had him late in the first or start of the 2nd round. But then i am also aware of that we had to find a trade partner there.

Overall lets see what happens. Maybe i am wrong. I couldnt be happier then.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
LVE is NOT the same as Sean Lee. Lee is more comparable to Jaylon Smith with less speed.

LVE is an Urlacher style, 250 pound, downhill thumping Mike -- who just happens to be smart AND fast AND good in zone coverage.

Yes, he has block shedding issues. What rookie LB doesn't? Being around lee will make him great
Did you just say "thumping?"

If so, you haven't watched him. He looks like Tarzan, but he tackles like a calf-roper.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
LVE is NOT the same as Sean Lee. Lee is more comparable to Jaylon Smith with less speed.

LVE is an Urlacher style, 250 pound, downhill thumping Mike -- who just happens to be smart AND fast AND good in zone coverage.

Yes, he has block shedding issues. What rookie LB doesn't? Being around lee will make him great

Just to be sure. What player does hide behind the LVE akronym ?

Because it cant be Esch you are talking about.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Saved

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

Can a mod sticky this? This place got a tad over crowded lately so we need to jump at all of these silly negative Nancy's.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
My fellow Cowboy fans....don't feed the trolls! These are the same idiots who were whining after the 1st pick in the '05 draft. Small school, no idea who he is, wow...they really reached, they could have traded back and picked this no-name in the 2nd round, yada yada yada. Let's all hope that they are so upset that they go an support another team. Don't let the door hit ya in the butt!!! :angry:

millennial_legend

Reaction score
My fellow Cowboy fans....don't feed the trolls! These are the same idiots who were whining after the 1st pick in the '05 draft. Small school, no idea who he is, wow...they really reached, they could have traded back and picked this no-name in the 2nd round, yada yada yada. Let's all hope that they are so upset that they go an support another team. Don't let the door hit ya in the butt!!! :angry:
2005 sucked because we picked Spears over Aaron Rodgers. So there's that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We've kept Chaz Green 3 years and he was a 3rd round pick. The only way Vander Esch is isn't on the team in 3 years is if he has a career ending injury, which you aren't predicting. You're predicting lack of talent will prevent him from seeing year 3. I'll go ahead and say good bye now. Start working on that new screen name. Might want to create it now and use it periodically so it's not obvious in 2020. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.