News: 2 Cowboys make Kipers mid season rookie team

Qbert

Reaction score
i
Dak Prescott, Dallas

Prescott gets the nod over Carson Wentz. Let's look at their résumés: Prescott is 144-of-221 (65.2 percent) for 1,773 yards with nine touchdown passes and two interceptions. He also has four rushing touchdowns, and the Cowboys are 6-1. Wentz is 150-of-228 (65.8 percent) for 1,526 yards with nine touchdown passes and three interceptions. He doesn't have a rushing touchdown, and the Eagles are 4-3. The difference in Total QBR is stark -- Prescott ranks third in the league (81.3), while Wentz is 27th (49.4). The second half of the season for the Cowboys will be interesting, though, as Tony Romo has returned to practice. Will Prescott start all 16 games?
i
Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas

Elliott leads the league in rushing (799 yards) and yards after contact (362), and he has the most runs of 20 yards or more (seven) and the most runs for first downs (43). He's in the MVP discussion at the midway point of the season. This was an easy pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...cott-ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-lead-list

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pretty obvious what these two rookies are doing for Dallas. They're both richly deserving of plenty of credit for seriously rejuvenating the Dallas offense this year. Nice to see Dak owning the better QBR rating over Wentz by a margin of 81.3 to 49.4. We really struck gold with our rookies.
Elliott's on course to break Dickerson's rookie rushing mark as well. Not a bad distinction at all if it comes about, I'd say. Possible MVP too.:thumbup:

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Defensive end
DeForest Buckner, San Francisco Joey Bosa, San Diego

Buckner and Bosa, my top two defensive ends heading into the draft, are showing their potential. Buckner is still developing and doesn't have big numbers -- only two sacks -- but the 6-foot-7, 300-pounder has been one of the 49ers' most consistent players. The production will come.

Bosa has been a beast since coming back from a hamstring injury that forced him to miss the first four games of the season. He has four sacks and has been living in the backfield in the four games he has played for the Chargers.
Bosa is going to be a star.

Qbert

Reaction score
What 2 corners were picked over him? Ramsey I assume and who else?

Brian Poole, Atlanta Jalen Ramsey, Jacksonville

I had to reach down deep for two cornerbacks because this class hasn't been particularly impressive -- yet. Ramsey has played a bunch of snaps -- 464 -- but he has been beaten too often. He's a truly gifted player with the size and speed to be an All-Pro defender, but he's not there yet. Poole, an undrafted free agent out of Florida, has played almost 400 snaps as the Falcons' nickelback, and has been just OK. Who would you put over him on this team? Not first-round picks Vernon Hargreaves III, Eli Apple or Artie Burns. I rated Poole as the No. 40 corner.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
With how poorly that Falcon defense is playing it is hard to believe Poole's been playing better than Brown.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Boys mentions only

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...cott-ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-lead-list

Mel Kiper NFL 2016 midseason All-Rookie team - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott of Dallas Cowboys lead list

by Mel Kiper Jr. on 2016-11-13 06:51:16 UTC

We're halfway through another season, and it's time for my midseason All-Rookie Team. Take a look at my preseason team -- pretty good! Lots of hits and a few misses.

It was tough at a few positions -- namely quarterback and wide receiver -- but other position groups have struggled. The defensive tackle and cornerback classes haven't been stellar so far.

You can also see my updated Rookie Big Board below. Without further ado...

Quarterback
Dak Prescott, Dallas

Prescott gets the nod over Carson Wentz. Let's look at their résumés: Prescott is 144-of-221 (65.2 percent) for 1,773 yards with nine touchdown passes and two interceptions. He also has four rushing touchdowns, and the Cowboys are 6-1. Wentz is 150-of-228 (65.8 percent) for 1,526 yards with nine touchdown passes and three interceptions. He doesn't have a rushing touchdown, and the Eagles are 4-3. The difference in Total QBR is stark -- Prescott ranks third in the league (81.3), while Wentz is 27th (49.4). The second half of the season for the Cowboys will be interesting, though, as Tony Romo has returned to practice. Will Prescott start all 16 games?

Running back
Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas

Elliott leads the league in rushing (799 yards) and yards after contact (362), and he has the most runs of 20 yards or more (seven) and the most runs for first downs (43). He's in the MVP discussion at the midway point of the season. This was an easy pick.

Updated Rookie Big Board

Rank/Name/PositionTeam
1. Dak Prescott, QB Dallas
2. Carson Wentz, QB Philadelphia
3. Jack Conklin, OT Tennessee
4. Ezekiel Elliott, RB Dallas
5. Joey Bosa, DE San Diego
6. DeForest Buckner, DE San Francisco
7. Michael Thomas, WR New Orleans
8. Keanu Neal, S Atlanta
9. Jatavis Brown, ILB San Diego
10. Karl Joseph, S Oakland
11. Cody Whitehair, C Chicago
12. Deion Jones, ILB Atlanta
13. Jordan Howard, RB Chicago
14. Blake Martinez, ILB Green Bay
15. Hunter Henry, TE San Diego

bodi

Reaction score
Jatavis Brown 2016: 5th Rnd, 175th by SD

What a steal

I had him n some of my mocks

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like most of us, I've been a fan of Prescott from the get-go. It tickles me that he has a QB rating of 81.3, while Wentz's is 41.4 . . . nice!

Not too shabby, considering he was merely a late 4th round draft pick. I'll bet there must be some taught jaws in Philly, knowing this. :)