2 point play

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What ever happened to stand in there and deliver the ball. If Dak's not going to stand strong in the pocket then at least throw a high arching floater to give the receiver a chance.

A high arching floater from the red zone?
Pass that bogie over, old chap.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They went 5 wide on a freaking 2 point conversion play.

Nobody in the backfield to help pick up the blitz. Zero threat of the run.

It was so mind boggling stupid I can’t explain it.

Shotgun is real dumb for us in short yardage. Putting Zeke out wide makes it worse.

Killed the possibility of a QB sneak, a run, play action, a swing pass, and Zeke doing blitz pickup.

It was empty backfield, but not 5 wide. We didn't have 5 wrs left. Witten and Zeke were on the field.

Putting Zeke out into the "pattern" didn't give us anything in terms of a receiver. If Zeke is at TB and Dak is under center, Zeke can blitz pick or go for a swing pass, while Dak can roll out. Those were pretty strong options given how they stacked the box played man up on everyone. Roll out and play schoolyard ball with the wideouts.

Instead, I saw 4 stick patterns to about 1 yard deep in the end zone. Can't tell what the far right WR did. Witten, the apparent prime target, ran left *to the defender* and turned around. Stick routes for everyone meant that Witten had little room to break right.

Total Linehan/Garrett play.

Particularly with them stacking the box, I like us going a little more jumbo with the strength of our depth at oline, then making it a multi run threat with Gallup isolated on one side. Maybe Pollard/Austin might have been handy on a jet sweep to the empty side of the field against a stacked box.

We built the offensive personnel to have real weapons for a misdirection, multi-run threat. 2 of our top 3 man WRs are out of the game. But the best run threats are all healthy. Zeke, Dak, Pollard, Austin. And we go spread shotgun with 4 stick routes with no spacing.

They couldn't have played away from our strengths more.

It's really like they just threw the game.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Nothing to beat the blitz, I just dont get it.

I would liek to see the read option with Dak pulling and either running or throwing it to Austin,

Read option is garbage against the blitz. The real solution is having the TE, WR or RB going to the spot where Blitzer came from, such a easy fugging completion

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I notice Dak making a lot of changes at the line when we're playing the likes of the Dolphins and up double digits, he looks like Peyton Manning out there. Either he's not able, or not allowed, to do similar things when the going gets tough.
I agree

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I notice Dak making a lot of changes at the line when we're playing the likes of the Dolphins and up double digits, he looks like Peyton Manning out there. Either he's not able, or not allowed, to do similar things when the going gets tough.

I think he may not be allowed to. Cuz, like you, I've seen him do that before. To me, that's a tell that Garrett has taken over the playcalling. Earlier this season, Dak was changing plays. Now, not so much if at all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Who didn't know the ball was going to Witten. Spread, and isolate. The Jets knew Garrett's inclinations. Once Dak (the leader) came to the line, and saw all eleven Jets salivating, he could have called a timeout.

On the inside kick, not one Dallas player hustled to the ball. They "Cammed it", the ball could have easily been recovered if the imbeciles understood the purpose of the play.

Something tells me that they do, but don't want Garrett coaching them anymore.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Agree completely Big Dog, the play call was just atrocious.

Going empty backfield was literally like the dumbest thing they could do.

The defense doesn't have to play the run and they know you dont have anybody to pick up the blitz. So they blitz forcing a quick throw and have their defenders jam the receivers and since it is within 5 yards, no penalty.

It was a brilliant call by their DC and an absolute clusterfudge by our OC.

This, wonder boy may be in over his head.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Read option is garbage against the blitz. The real solution is having the TE, WR or RB going to the spot where Blitzer came from, such a easy fugging completion

Isn't that what they did? It looked like they were expecting a blitz up the middle and went to Witten over the middle. The pass was at Witten's feet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The only thing anyone can say for certain about the 2 pt try is that the OL crapped the bed by allowing the safety blitz to come clean up the middle. It happened too fast for anyone to even comment on the play itself, whatever it was. Dak was amazing to even get the ball out of his hand near anyone.

The OL should have wedge blocked the blitz, much like a FG. Even in high school, you never allow anyone to blitz the middle....no one has time to make a play, to run, nothing. You let a guy come clean outside if you must, and that guy is up to the QB to account for. Looked like the blitz by their best defender came right between Fred and Zack, but I’m not certain.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Bahahahaha! Well played my friend..:)

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
If only there was a player on offense in football who lines up over center and had the ability to see what the defense is doing and maybe make an adjustment of some kind... if that thing existed, I would call it an audible...
Exactly, especially when you know what Willams is going to do. He's aggressive and isn't going to sit back and let Dak survey the field. Everyone knew he was bringing the heat.

JMPearson

Reaction score

No it is not especially if you have that third option out wide to throw to, the Jets blitzed up middle Dak found have walked in, they Boys did not show that look all game.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Shotgun is real dumb for us in short yardage. Putting Zeke out wide makes it worse.

Killed the possibility of a QB sneak, a run, play action, a swing pass, and Zeke doing blitz pickup.

It was empty backfield, but not 5 wide. We didn't have 5 wrs left. Witten and Zeke were on the field.

Putting Zeke out into the "pattern" didn't give us anything in terms of a receiver. If Zeke is at TB and Dak is under center, Zeke can blitz pick or go for a swing pass, while Dak can roll out. Those were pretty strong options given how they stacked the box played man up on everyone. Roll out and play schoolyard ball with the wideouts.

Instead, I saw 4 stick patterns to about 1 yard deep in the end zone. Can't tell what the far right WR did. Witten, the apparent prime target, ran left *to the defender* and turned around. Stick routes for everyone meant that Witten had little room to break right.

You know football my friend, very well thought out post and I agree with every word of it.

Total Linehan/Garrett play.

Particularly with them stacking the box, I like us going a little more jumbo with the strength of our depth at oline, then making it a multi run threat with Gallup isolated on one side. Maybe Pollard/Austin might have been handy on a jet sweep to the empty side of the field against a stacked box.

We built the offensive personnel to have real weapons for a misdirection, multi-run threat. 2 of our top 3 man WRs are out of the game. But the best run threats are all healthy. Zeke, Dak, Pollard, Austin. And we go spread shotgun with 4 stick routes with no spacing.

They couldn't have played away from our strengths more.

It's really like they just threw the game.