CFZ 2 stories within those 26 years

Hardline

Reaction score
I dont disagree, but when you have a QB in the middle of their career that has led you to three 12 plus win seasons in his 6 seasons you telling me yu would use a 1st rd pick to draft a qb? Sorry, but that would be incredibly stupid.
I would trade Dak(if possible) and give up my entire 2024 draft class to move up to draft Caleb Williams.
The problem is he is going #1 overall and no team is trading out of that pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would trade Dak(if possible) and give up my entire 2024 draft class to move up to draft Caleb Williams.
The problem is he is going #1 overall and no team is trading out of that pick.
Or you could keep Dak, at least until his contract matures in 2024, draft a heir apparent now who could also serve as a backup for a couple seasons.

In 2025, if you traded or released Dak he’d only count 14.5 million dead cap money.

2023 QB draft class looks very deep.
Williams isnt eligible for 2023 draft. Young , Stroud and Levis are all certain 1st rounders. Maybe Rattler.

And that’s just potential 1st round picks making 2023 one of the richest QB classes in recent history. There’s also a list of potential later 1st round and 2nd round- middle round picks worth looking at.

Here’s a list of top QB coming out in 2023 draft
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/QB/1/2023

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
Or you could keep Dak, at least until his contract matures in 2024, draft a heir apparent now who could also serve as a backup for a couple seasons.

In 2025, if you traded or released Dak he’d only count 14.5 million dead cap money.

2023 QB draft class looks very deep.
Williams isnt eligible for 2023 draft. Young , Stroud and Levis are all certain 1st rounders. Maybe Rattler.

And that’s just potential 1st round picks making 2023 one of the richest QB classes in recent history. There’s also a list of potential later 1st round and 2nd round- middle round picks worth looking at.

Here’s a list of top QB coming out in 2023 draft
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/QB/1/2023
I never mentioned the 2023 draft. I said 2024. There's not a QB I would move up for in 2023.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never mentioned the 2023 draft. I said 2024. There's not a QB I would move up for in 2023.
I hear ya but you might not have to move up much to get a solid QB. With Rush most likely pursuing a contract with another team we’d be well advised to use a higher than middle round pick for a QB.

And if one of these top QB’s are sitting there, might be interesting as Williams in 2024 isn’t probably a reasonable possibility as you eluded to,

lukin2006

Reaction score
Give me the guy who was drafted 1st overall and lead us to 3 championships…it really is that simple.

I’ll reserve nice stories for a Disney plus story …