2 suspicious things on last play in Dallas WC game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think some people are fighting, scratching and clawing so hard, in an attempt to not make this into one of the biggest choke moments in team history. To me it rivaled the Tony Romo Seattle moment.
i am not, I know they choked.
I think this choke is way worse and way bigger than the Tony Romo Seattle gaff.

one of the biggest choke moments in team history.......I would say it was and is, but what the refs did was still suspicious, and I think
games are being manipulated by refs to produce certain outcomes. not just cowboys but league wide.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The only thing suspicious to me is why we didn’t throw the ball into the end zone. Had time to do it twice.
that would have been better than what happened, but from the 40, dak drops back 10 makes it a 50 yd pass, with defenders flooding endzone.

Getting closer was a good idea, just poorly thought out and executed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t know why people think it’s out of the realm of possibility that with millions of dollars on the line that some shady stuff could occur, that being said sf was the better team that day regardless if the refs but all y’all jumping on the op for his take are just as ridiculous as y’all think the op is. Stop acting like Vegas and the nfl are holier than thou cause you look really nieve
Thank you,very good, at least one person sees the possibility.
Vegas and nfl has some smart people working for them, and they can figure out ways to do things that the general public wont be able to spot.
even if they spot it the general public has a short memory lol, so wait a bit and start again.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
last 3 min of game
the guy says it at very end of this vid so go to last 30 sec

When he said "where he's spotting it is irrelevant" only means that the ref touching the ball has to happen, not that the spot doesn't matter. He's saying that the ref touching ball is the most important mandatory thing that has to happen and that a super accurate spot is less so. You said that the guy said if they marked the spot wrong that they could go back and correct it after the spike. He said nothing like that at all. You read into his statement and created a rule from it. I'm confident it's not in the rulebook. And as I covered, the spot was generous and if they were looking to be accurate, time runs out anyway because the entire team would have to back up 1+ yards and get set. They gave us a break to speed things up and we failed. Even Romo said that Dak ran too far because anything beyond 10 yards is dangerous for time. Well, it sure was.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
they lost at the start of the game
That’s fine that you feel that way and I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all. Though, can you see how some would like every single chance to win that is possible?
Discussing a strangely handled spot is ok. Right?

This was another factor in us losing and several people would like to discuss it. I’m not sure why you feel the need to say it isn’t why we lost.(every single time)

We all know there are many factors and we are discussing one. Whether it be small, insignificant, or completely not part of the game (DIDN’T HAPPEN) in your opinion doesn’t really matter.

It’s fine if it didn’t happen when you watched. Many saw it and are now discussing it. Maybe you’d like to be part and say why the guy with no vantage point of where it should be spotted decided to move it??
Or not.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah, they may not have scored anyways

Like 999 times out of 999
So had they clocked it you’d rather they just downed it and walked out of the stadium? That’s smart and not at all how quitters play.

JBS

Reaction score
So had they clocked it you’d rather they just downed it and walked out of the stadium? That’s smart and not at all how quitters play.
Never said anything about quitting. Nice try. Move along now.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
that would have been better than what happened, but from the 40, dak drops back 10 makes it a 50 yd pass, with defenders flooding endzone.

Whether the ball is thrown from 50 yards or 30 yards, they both would have been passes thrown up for grabs in the end zone with defenders protecting it. Getting 2 potential shots is better than 1 once you move into range, especially at the risk of not even getting a chance to take one shot. Even the risk of a pre-snap penalty makes the play call stupid because it would have required a 10 second run off. There should be absolutely no scenario in which you can’t take at least one shot in the end zone, yet that is exactly what the Cowboys managed to do.

basel90

Reaction score
Ok I know dallas bungled the last play, and they might not have scored anyway if they had 1 more play.
And they had a chance on previous possession.

But 2 things I find suspicious, that makes it look like refs were trying to help SF win.

1. the ref furthest from the spot where dak went down, was the only ref that came to spot the ball.
Is he the only one that is supposed to do that? or can other refs do that in that situation?
I think in another game someone said another ref did it.

2.the ref when he got to the ball, after dallas players did not know to let him thru lol,
but he gets to ball grabs it, then he wastes time moving it back about 8 inches lol.
Doing that meant center had to adjust backwards, so did dak and rest of players.

Mike peria sp , said the spot of the ball doesnt matter on a clock play like that. just touch it or put it down
and get out of way for team to clock it.
After the clock, then refs can determine proper spot of los, and that will be used for the last play.

So why did the ref move the ball back???????:huh:

Well the only thing that makes sense is he was killing the time, that took around 2 seconds at least.
Had he just touched the ball then there would have been 1 second left when it was clocked,
and dallas gets a chance on throw to EZ.

But it seems to me the powers that be didnt want dallas to have that chance.
if dallas had scored the game score would have been "over" no score there and it is "under"
plus if the money on dallas was for them to win, and under, then not letting dallas have another chance there
gave a 2 way win on the gambling angles, and a dallas score/td there means vegas loses on under, and if
dallas were to win in OT then they would lose other bets like point spread.

And maybe gambling comes out better if SF wins, because as we now know SF goes to GB and wins
a game most thought they would lose.

I dont think it is stupid refs, or sloppy reffing lol , I think it was intentional.
I also think the cowboys in their stupidity helped them to do it.

There also should have been a booth review, which there wasnt, I find that odd for an ending like that.
I know time was gone by time ball hit ground on the clock, but still a booth review was needed.
But no booth review, NY did not get involved like they usually do so why not??

I think if dallas had not screwed it up so bad and had time for 1 more play, and if they threw a td pass,there would have been a holding call, so they have to do it again, and if they score again, then another penalty lol.:cool:
Dak is simply not adept for such situations. He is not that type of QB that can win you a game in these situations. For Dak ,as jimmy Johnson said , everything has to be perfect and humming around him to function . This is the painful reality .
Plus we have a head coach who has no ability or authority to design or chance an offensive play . That authority was given to Kellen. This is why we have seen some questionable plays and unexplained decisive all season .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"where he's spotting it is irrelevant"
Thats the key marcus ! just touch it and get out of the way, play starts.
yet that ref moved it twice after bungling getting to it.

Both the cowboys, and that ref were like keystone cops + the 3 stooges out there .
lol imagine curly, woo woo woo spotting that ball lol, that is the ref we had.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought about what if they had run a fake spike, which if dallas was really prepared they should have done.
The snap was in time, but the clock ran out as dak was spiking it. The thing to do in that situation is run a play , fake spike is best.

But if they do spike it they could respot the ball to correct spot, no one would care.
If they run a play instead then the play would count, and 1 yd is not going to matter, except on a long fg try.
The problem is the rules have to be set in advance so everyone knows the rules they are playing under. You can't just say after the fact that "no one would care if we did this ... " - a ref doesn't know in advance what play will be run, and he can't tailor the rules after a play is over to fit the scenario.

Again, what if a TD was scored with the ball just barely getting across the line, but the spot of the ball was actually supposed to be 1 foot further back. Are you really saying in that case it wouldn't matter where the ball was spotted? There is no way to retroactively make that fair. It wouldn't be fair to one team if you disallowed the TD, or fair to the other if you allowed it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Thats the key marcus ! just touch it and get out of the way, play starts.
yet that ref moved it twice after bungling getting to it.

Both the cowboys, and that ref were like keystone cops + the 3 stooges out there .
lol imagine curly, woo woo woo spotting that ball lol, that is the ref we had.

Yeah, I think you're missing the nuance of what he was saying. A proper spot makes the team back up more than a full yard and game is over anyway. The refs gave us more yardage. If it was the opposite and they took away yardage then that would be "suspicious" too. "We wuz robbed" always finds a way. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This post among many of his, completely ignores the fact the ref moved it twice and the first move was WAY more accurate than the second, clearly revealing the ref had no clue what he was doing.
How could he. He was 20 yards behind him. He should have been trailing the play with time running out. If he was that far back they should have added a few seconds to the clock. They should have had 2 seconds left. Not that it would have mattered but still not right..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Vegas doesn't care who wins games. You could go to Vegas and bet on the sun rising tomorrow and as long as Vegas can balance the money with odds and collect the vigorish they truly don't care who wins.
that is true to a point, but some games they cant balance or lay off enough.
There is always a few games where they need a team to not beat the spread or to go under or over.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're missing the nuance of what he was saying. A proper spot makes the team back up more than a full yard and game is over anyway. The refs gave us more yardage. If it was the opposite and they took away yardage then that would be "suspicious" too. "We wuz robbed" always finds a way. Lol.
well if we are into nuances lol that would be open to interpretation for each person lol.

Bottom line, is if the ref had just touched it and got back out of way, and had not stayed back too far, you know trailed the play, so he would be in
position for a quick spike play , then I would not say anything whether they get play off in time or not.
Also with all the time they waste in games on silly reviews, this one got about 10 seconds on the field. no booth or ny review.
And it was a huge play that ended the game.

This brings up another corrupt rule, the no challenge in last 2 min of a game.
They have this rule for only 1 reason, so they can affect the outcome of a game with the refs,and what happens, and coaches
are not allowed to challenge something that might be overturned. This gives refs and whoever booth people are and ny total control
over the last 2 min of a game.
This is where they change or control outcomes of games, so they dont want a coach to be able to challenge it.
it isnt about time it takes to review a play, it is about controlling the end of a game.

And everyone just accepts this as normal and ok lol :huh: but it is corrupt as can be.
Same thing with some plays cannot be challenged lol no explanation on that lol just how it is.
Some really smart people come up with these rules, and they are all about CONTROL!!:thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
i am not, I know they choked.
I think this choke is way worse and way bigger than the Tony Romo Seattle gaff.

one of the biggest choke moments in team history.......I would say it was and is, but what the refs did was still suspicious, and I think
games are being manipulated by refs to produce certain outcomes. not just cowboys but league wide.

Then produce some evidence as to WHY the NFL would that.

They make billions every year. The Bengals playing in the Super is another example of how it doesn't matter who wins - they still make billions.

The only thing that would derail the gravy train would be getting caught manipulating outcomes, so it would be monumentally stupid on their part.

Produce something more than "look at this play" and "I think", otherwise you just sound like your tinfoil hat is too tight.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Then produce some evidence as to WHY the NFL would that.

They make billions every year. The Bengals playing in the Super is another example of how it doesn't matter who wins - they still make billions.

The only thing that would derail the gravy train would be getting caught manipulating outcomes, so it would be monumentally stupid on their part.

Produce something more than "look at this play" and "I think", otherwise you just sound like your tinfoil hat is too tight.
there is plenty of evidence on the TB vs Oakland SB where jon gruden has left oak to be HC of TB
That game was rigged, former players have spoken out on it.
it is all on you tube, and internet, if you care to research it.

But people just ignore all that. and that is why nfl can rig or manipulate outcomes, and not get caught, no one wants to believe it, so they
will just complain a little then forget about it till next time.

Your logic is they make billions so why take a risk for more billions, well you obviously dont understand greed .

Adreme

Reaction score

The biggest mistake on that entire play, considering it was almost certainly set up that way, was that the players didn't have the next play ready in the event that they didn't have enough time to spike. They just assumed there would be enough time to spike it and only one player on that entire field realized how little time was left and started running a route as the ball was snapped. That is the sort of thing that a coach should be telling his players before that play goes off "Run 20 yards and go down; if the snap happens with 2 seconds or less not spike run play X".

They were put into a position to win and the fact that the coaches did not properly prepare for the situation is why they did not have a chance to win that game and a 20 yard pass is not exactly an outrageous ask of a team to make (certainly more likely than having 2 40 yard passes fall complete).

Adreme

Reaction score
there is plenty of evidence on the TB vs Oakland SB where jon gruden has left oak to be HC of TB
That game was rigged, former players have spoken out on it.
it is all on you tube, and internet, if you care to research it.

But people just ignore all that. and that is why nfl can rig or manipulate outcomes, and not get caught, no one wants to believe it, so they
will just complain a little then forget about it till next time.

Your logic is they make billions so why take a risk for more billions, well you obviously dont understand greed .

The risk doesnt pay them billions more; the risk means they risk everything for maybe getting 1% more. You do not risk your entire league to make an insignificant amount of profits and make no mistake if there was ever ANY credible evidence, not players throwing out accusations but actual evidence, that games were being rigged it would be the end of the NFL as an institution.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
well if we are into nuances lol that would be open to interpretation for each person lol.

Bottom line, is if the ref had just touched it and got back out of way, and had not stayed back too far, you know trailed the play, so he would be in
position for a quick spike play , then I would not say anything whether they get play off in time or not.
Also with all the time they waste in games on silly reviews, this one got about 10 seconds on the field. no booth or ny review.
And it was a huge play that ended the game.

The nuance I'm talking about here was very specific and I even explained it but you run right past it with your "agenda" which included claiming something the guy never even said. The other thing you and the "Oh lawd, the refs!" crew continuously run past is that the spot was wrong, period. Dallas needed to be back another almost 2 yards. I showed this with video where the Line Judge actually hopped forward to the wrong spot when the spotting ref attempted to move them back and gave up to save time. If people "just want a fair game called" like they say, they should have made the Cowboys move back across the 25 and then what would have happened? That's right, the time would have expired anyway. I've posted that video like 5 times, including twice to you, and still people just try to act like it didn't exist.

Fans need to make excuses for this team's idiocy. One of my stalkers creates some of these stories because he's afraid of being teased by rival fans. That's what a lot of this is all about. Fear of being a loser by association or worse, extension of self. So then then create these big, bad, wolves to say how they didn't really lose but were "prevented" from winning.