20 Questions: 14 - what are the realistic expectations for Zeke

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not think your expectations for Zeke are realistic.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3051392/ezekiel-elliott

He ranked 150th in YPC with 3.5, and that average has fallen significantly the last three seasons.

He ranked 48th in rushing TDs, so I can't agree with expecting him to be "decent" in goal line and short yardage when he was the worst starter in the league last year at that. So bad, that many non starters did better.

What evidence do you have that he is still a good pass blocker?
Given the OL he has played behind the past few years. And especially last year in NE with a pathetic QB and no WR's. Most RB's would be in that same range.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That average can improve if the OL is fixed. And for all RB's not just Zeke.
His average has been dropping consistently for years. Hard to imagine it goes up behind a line that is likely to be starting 2 rookies and go through growing pains.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His average has been dropping consistently for years. Hard to imagine it goes up behind a line that is likely to be starting 2 rookies and go through growing pains.
I don’t expect it to be over 4. Or even that 3.5 until he proves otherwise.
But he can as all the RBs can, be more consistent.
Eliminate those getting stuffed at the LOS or 1 or 2 yard gains and more.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We are one of the top teams in running our formations out of the shotgun, not a good recipe for a running game.

Not sure why we do that, the ole run and shoot offenses of the 80s suck in the playoffs too.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We are one of the top teams in running our formations out of the shotgun, not a good recipe for a running game.

Not sure why we do that, the ole run and shoot offenses of the 80s suck in the playoffs too.
Hopefully with a true downhill runner back in the fold we will do a lot less of the shotgun running. I have always hated it.. I mean I get why you do it.. You get to stay in shotgun, your play fakes don't require the QB to take his eyes off the defense and the formation doesn't tip anything off pass vs run. But damnit.. if I want to play smashmouth football I do NOT want to be doing it from the damn shotgun.