20 TDs, 4 INTs

garyo1954

Reaction score
I thought the point was obvious, sorry... Green Bay playoff game, where he brought the team back to the verge of a win, matching throw-for-throw with Rodgers on a big stage, shows he has the potential to be far more than a "game manager", as you say. Whether this coaching staff and receivers can help him reach his potential, remains to be seen.

I'll say again.....

UNTIL Dak Prescott learns to STRETCH the field (throw passes that travel more than 10-15 yards) defenses aren't going to be shaking in their NFL sanctioned socks. They will be like, "Hey! He don't throw downfield. Let's just hangout around the line of scrimmage and get a pick.

How 'bout this....

Show me any starting QB in the NFL who threw less 20+ yard passes than the 38 that Dak threw?

Now, I don't know his thinking in that ONE Green Bay play-off game, but if it was me, I'd be saying, "It's win or go home. So I have nothing to lose by trying to win." Different set of rules and circumstances in that game.

But maybe he needs to develop that mindset EVERY DOWN, EVERY DAY?

Dak Prescott is a bus driver. A game manager. If you don't believe that, then WHY are we running a ball control offense?
Why is he not playing like Ben Rothlisberger who threw 86 passes longer than 20 yards?

Reaction score
I'll say again.....

UNTIL Dak Prescott learns to STRETCH the field (throw passes that travel more than 10-15 yards) defenses aren't going to be shaking in their NFL sanctioned socks. They will be like, "Hey! He don't throw downfield. Let's just hangout around the line of scrimmage and get a pick.

How 'bout this....

Show me any starting QB in the NFL who threw less 20+ yard passes than the 38 that Dak threw?

Now, I don't know his thinking in that ONE Green Bay play-off game, but if it was me, I'd be saying, "It's win or go home. So I have nothing to lose by trying to win." Different set of rules and circumstances in that game.

But maybe he needs to develop that mindset EVERY DOWN, EVERY DAY?

Dak Prescott is a bus driver. A game manager. If you don't believe that, then WHY are we running a ball control offense?
Why is he not playing like Ben Rothlisberger who threw 86 passes longer than 20 yards?

Because our OC does not believe in vertical routes. I have posted multiple times on this. Our passing offense is built around square ins by Dez and T Will, flat routes by Bease, and 10 yard hooks by Witten. Dak cant throw it 20+ yards when his receivers are running 10 yard routes...

garyo1954

Reaction score
Because our OC does not believe in vertical routes. I have posted multiple times on this. Our passing offense is built around square ins by Dez and T Will, flat routes by Bease, and 10 yard hooks by Witten. Dak cant throw it 20+ yards when his receivers are running 10 yard routes...

I'm calling BS on "does not believe in ertical routes" until/if/and when you post a quote from him saying as much.
Please look up Greatest Show on Turf. Just a hint of what you're missing:

"The offense was attuned to getting all five receivers out into patterns that stretched the field, setting up defensive backs with route technique, and the quarterback delivering to a spot on time where the receiver could make the catch and turn upfield."

And what you are outlining as his philosophy IS BALL CONTROL. Short passes where everybody and his brother is sitting there waiting for the ball.

And finally, (I can't stop laughing) maybe somebody should tell Dak to throw deeper routes!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This does not seem to hold up and seems to depend mostly on personnel.
From 2009 to 2013, the Lions were 9th in the NFL in passing plays over 20 yards.
In 2014, Linehan’s first season in Dallas, the Cowboys were tied for 11th, and impressively led the league in TDs over 20 yards with 17... despite having fewer opportunities due to being an overwhelmingly running based team.
From 2015 to 2017 the Cowboys are dead last (32nd) in 20 yard passing plays by a considerable margin.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
3-3 without Zeke.

0-2 Elimination games

he won the raiders, giants, and skins games which were all elimination games. you're moving the goal posts when the ball looks to be going through.

he went 3-3 without zeke and won 3 of the 4 total elimination games this year.

Last edited:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Before you tell me what flavor koolaid Wentz jock strap tastes like tell me this. Last yr when he had some WR problems or i should say lack of WR help. What were his numbers? How did he do? What did Philly do go out and sign Jefferies and Smith?

You mean when he was a rookie on a team in transition?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope, nope, nope. Its not the coaches, playbook or receivers.

Dak is who he is. Bus Driver. Game manager. Weeden checkdown artist.
Until he stretches the field that's all he'll ever be. Great numbers. Win a lot of games, but seldom able to comeback or win a play-off game.

How do you stretch the field with this personnel and playbook? Even in 2014....Romo wasn't stretching the field...he had to extend plays to mask this awful playbook.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he won the raiders, giants, and skins games which were all elimination games. you're moving the goal posts when the ball looks to be going through.

he went 3-3 without zeke and won 3 of the 4 total elimination games this year.
You know how it works around here..only a elimination game if he loses lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This isn't new. It happened last year. If one criticises Dak in any way, that gets one labeled a Dak hater.

It's comical.

It’s sorta the message board version of the SJW’s common tactic; if you don’t like the opinion of someone just quickly and summarily characterize them as a “hater.”

Last year, those that had questions and concerns about Jaylon’s drop foot recovery were quickly branded “Jaylon haters.”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Our offense is built that way because we have an inaccurate QB behind center. Those routes are a way of reducing the margin for error. It’s also predictable and why you saw DBs jumping routes this season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To all you Dak haters, this is the number of TDs and INTs he passed/ran for in the first 8 games before Zeke's suspension, while adjusting to 2 new starters on the OL, and beforeTyron got hurt. No, he did not play well the second half of the year with/without Zeke and Tyron. But maybe, just maybe, next year he is the player we saw the first half of the season, not the second. Especially if we get a more creative OC and playmakers with separation ability at WR and TE.

Dak has showed without a doubt what he can do with good players around him. And at such a young age it is much to be applauded. But we should also be taken back at how much he struggled when he lost some of his better players. I still think Dak is a very good QB and he has the mentality to continue to get better. But in my mind his potential has diminished as to how high he could possibly go with his skill set. The Tom Brady/Brees of the world he will never be. But like Romo, you dont have to have that. And for those that cut up Romo because he wasnt Tom Brady, it looks like we will have to deal with the same kind of stupid comparisons with Dak.

The ironic part of is that the same guys that stuck up for Romo for the same silly comparisons seem to be the same cry babies now doing it to Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To all you Dak haters, this is the number of TDs and INTs he passed/ran for in the first 8 games before Zeke's suspension, while adjusting to 2 new starters on the OL, and beforeTyron got hurt. No, he did not play well the second half of the year with/without Zeke and Tyron. But maybe, just maybe, next year he is the player we saw the first half of the season, not the second. Especially if we get a more creative OC and playmakers with separation ability at WR and TE.

The Oline is the biggest issue that I see. Then the WR's.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Our offense is built that way because we have an inaccurate QB behind center. Those routes are a way of reducing the margin for error. It’s also predictable and why you saw DBs jumping routes this season.

That doesnt even make sense. Are you just being dumb because your still sore about Romo and his bad back retiring?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
18 of those 20 TD passes were in the red zone.

My point is, Zeke made Dak look good.

Defenses had to respect the playaction/zone read when Zeke was on the field in the red zone. Dak had wide open throws to Witten or Beasley.

Heck, even Siemian threw a similar touchdown pass against us in that Denver game.

Amazing what an elite RB can do for ya...

I dont think there is any question at all that Zeke helped out Dak. That is pretty obvious. He would help out any QB. I think what we found out is that Zeke is the real MVP of this team and this offense. But then again, Dak didnt get himself suspended, Zeke did.