20 TDs, 4 INTs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One day, the forum will be blessed with a once-in-a-lifetime thread.

A thread focusing on the good and the bad about the Dallas Cowboys.

It will start its discussion by stating what is right and wrong about quarterback, running back, receivers, linemen, linebackers, defensive backs, kickers, punters, coaching and even ownership! It will sum up all the intricacies of team football in Big D!! It will be epic!!!

Yeah. Like that day will ever come. Romo Prescott great! Romo Prescott sucks!

/CowboysZone

pansophy

Reaction score
To all you Dak haters, this is the number of TDs and INTs he passed/ran for in the first 8 games before Zeke's suspension, while adjusting to 2 new starters on the OL, and beforeTyron got hurt. No, he did not play well the second half of the year with/without Zeke and Tyron. But maybe, just maybe, next year he is the player we saw the first half of the season, not the second. Especially if we get a more creative OC and playmakers with separation ability at WR and TE.
If Dak can't throw to the sideline unless its a go route, he rolls out by design, or is scrambling, it's hard to get too creative with play calling. Dez is right -- did all the WR's decline at once, or is it possible that defenses figured out that clogging the middle pretty eliminates all the routes that Dak can throw well.

He has another off season to get that in order, and he needs to if the offense is going to be better in 2018.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
4 Pro Bowler OL under contract ........... that is the opposite of an issue
0 Pro Bowler WR ....... big issue

Its a toss up, but I dont think anyone in this offense performs well without a great Oline.

Talk all you want about "under contract". Tyron Smith is fading away. I would be shocked if even had one more good season in him.

The only two guys we have that are great are Martin and Fredericks. Collins is good, but I dont see him making the pro bowl any time soon. the other two guys stink and our backups are garbage.

Gonna need more than two pro bowlers to have a great line. We saw this year how horrid the team plays when they falter just a bit.

The receivers just stink. No other way to put it.

dfense

Reaction score
Just to point out one of a few Dak issues is his inability to step up in the pocket. He can avoid pressure from the DE by just stepping up in the pocket. But he never does. He immediately bails left or right. He sees the guy coming at him at times and never steps up! It makes me want to reach through the tv.....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Its a toss up, but I dont think anyone in this offense performs well without a great Oline.

Talk all you want about "under contract". Tyron Smith is fading away. I would be shocked if even had one more good season in him.

The only two guys we have that are great are Martin and Fredericks. Collins is good, but I dont see him making the pro bowl any time soon. the other two guys stink and our backups are garbage.

Gonna need more than two pro bowlers to have a great line. We saw this year how horrid the team plays when they falter just a bit.

The receivers just stink. No other way to put it.

Your take on TSmith is just moronic
LCollins just held his own all year against some of the toughest DE's in teh game.....He is a ProBowler......JPP, Graham, Kerrrigan, KMack, VMiller, JThomas, ADonald, Vic Beasley

erod

Reaction score
Please.

Two-yard outs to Cole Beasley at the goal line are running plays in my book.

Dak was horrible this year.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
4 Pro Bowler OL under contract ........... that is the opposite of an issue
0 Pro Bowler WR ....... big issue
The way the oline performed this past season is most certainly a concern at the very least. The fact that there are that many probowlers on it (injuries notwithstanding), and it still performed that way makes it even more concerning.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The way the oline performed this past season is most certainly a concern at the very least. The fact there are that many probowlers on it (injuries notwithstanding), and it still performed that way makes it even more concerning.
We rushed for 2200 yds at 4.5 YPC and only allowed 32 sacks without our stud RB and LT for several games

SDCowboy

Reaction score
We rushed for 2200 yds at 4.5 YPC and only allowed 32 sacks without our stud RB and LT for several games
You can't possibly think the oline performed at the expected level this season, or even close to it. They were ok in run blocking, but were horrendous in pass protection in many games this year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We are a threat to run the ball on the goal line all the time. We had Zeke against Seattle and tried to throw it 3 times and no one was open. You try to make it that Dak only threw TDs on the goal line and that's it.
Actually Cole Beasley was WIDE open.....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You can't possibly think the oline performed at the expected level this season, or even close to it. They were ok in run blocking, but were horrendous in pass protection in many games this year.
I think this was their floor and that is good news going forward

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your take on TSmith is just moronic
LCollins just held his own all year against some of the toughest DE's in teh game.....He is a ProBowler......JPP, Graham, Kerrrigan, KMack, VMiller, JThomas, ADonald, Vic Beasley

I think Im just going to put you on ignore. See ya :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The way the oline performed this past season is most certainly a concern at the very least. The fact that there are that many probowlers on it (injuries notwithstanding), and it still performed that way makes it even more concerning.

did a 4th guy make the pro bowl that I missed?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

this line is trending in the wrong direction. Smith has had a back issue for a few years now and now he is getting other injuries. I see him fading out at this point. He will never be what he used to be. We need another pro bowl type lineman along the line. I see them moving Martin over to LT once Smith hangs it up.