** 2001 Citrus Bowl -- Henson Video **

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You're right, there isnt, nor should there be

Putting on a show in college rarely equates to a great NFL QB

Except for all the times that it does equate to a great NFL QB. But yeah, you're totally right.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Except for all the times that it does equate to a great NFL QB. But yeah, you're totally right.

LOL. Stop the semantic sophistry, superpunk. ;) There are only two types of arguments. One is right all the time because it agrees with you. By virtue of this fact, all others are wrong and can be classified as the other type.

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
Thanks man for the videos. Appreciate the work. Ihad tried to find something on it when Henson first got here but couldn't. Don't worry about all the haters. Agendas are ugly things.

On side note, looking forward to seeing Romo tonight. I've never seen him do anything to get me very excited about his future. Maybe he will change my mind tonight. I'm open to it, which is more than I can say for some of you guys.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:

Andre Ware
Danny Wuerful
Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Cade McNown
Todd Blackledge
Todd Marinovich
Heath Shuler

You wanna play this game? Not wise, for there are 10 epic busts for every 1 great NFL QB. Yes, I am "totally right". The man's arguement was because Henson looked great at Michigan, he should be given a chance to be an NFL QB, even thoguh he has already had several chances and shown nothing.

superpunk

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
LOL. Stop the semantic sophistry, superpunk. ;) There are only two types of arguments. One is right all the time because it agrees with you. By virtue of this fact, all others are wrong and can be classified as the other type.

I just agree with HH. I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Andre Ware
Danny Wuerful
Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Cade McNown
Todd Blackledge
Todd Marinovich
Heath Shuler

You wanna play this game? Not wise, for there are 10 epic busts for every 1 great NFL QB. Yes, I am "totally right". The man's arguement was because Henson looked great at Michigan, he should be given a chance to be an NFL QB, even thoguh he has already had several chances and shown nothing.

I already said that I agreed with you. I mean, you've done all the research already. All that's left, is to ignore all the great talents who were successful in college AND the pros. You've already won half the battle, don't stop now.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I already said that I agreed with you. I mean, you've done all the research already. All that's left, is to ignore all the great talents who were successful in college AND the pros. You've already won half the battle, don't stop now.

Yoiu're dancing around the subject. There are far more busts that looked great in college than great players who looked great in college. Ergo, using the arguement that because one looks great in college, they will be a great NFL QB is terribly flawed and, for the most part, inaccurate.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Yoiu're dancing around the subject. There are far more busts that looked great in college than great players who looked great in college. Ergo, using the arguement that because one looks great in college, they will be a great NFL QB is terribly flawed and, for the most part, inaccurate.

well since it's not an exact science i find it convenient how you can use a "gray cloud" to your benefit but not to the other side as well.

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Totally.

I'm trying to put a number on the number of QBs that looked terrible in college, but awesome in the pros. I'll get back to you on that. Because as you have already superbly pointed out, all these college standouts suck in the pros.

So where do the good professional QBs come from, I wonder?

Plus, I'd just really like to use ergo in my post.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Totally.

I'm trying to put a number on the number of QBs that looked terrible in college, but awesome in the pros. I'll get back to you on that. Because as you have already superbly pointed out, all these college standouts suck in the pros.

ergo, this wonderful post. : )

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
well since it's not an exact science i find it convenient how you can use a "gray cloud" to your benefit but not to the other side as well.

Because my "gray cloud" is much larger than his and has far more merit because it occurs several times in every single draft. Great college QBs who turn into great NFL QBs happens on a far smaller scale.

For instance, because of past trends, I can almost gurantee you that at least 2 of the 3 QBs taken in the 1st round this year will be busts. It's an inexact science, to be sure, but the odds favor that far more than the alternative

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Totally.

Go through all 32 starters in the NFL. The majority of them did not light the college world on fire.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Because my "gray cloud" is much larger than his and has far more merit because it occurs several times in every single draft. Great college QBs who turn into great NFL QBs happens on a far smaller scale.

For instance, because of past trends, I can almost gurantee you that at least 2 of the 3 QBs taken in the 1st round this year will be busts. It's an inexact science, to be sure, but the odds favor that far more than the alternative

The problem here is that you are talking about first round QBs and for the most part you are right. Henson was not a first round draft choice.

Henson was only one in theory and even that is a stretch. He is a unique case, but for some reason, there is the tendency to act like he was a first round draft choice.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
The problem here is that you are talking about first round QBs and for the most part you are right. Henson was not a first round draft choice.

Henson was only one in theory and even that is a stretch. He is a unique case, but for some reason, there is the tendency to act like he was a first round draft choice.

Come on man, this scouting report from 8 years ago tells me so, so it must be true.

superpunk

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Thought so

If you thought that I don't enjoy arguing with people who don't listen, and have an IQ slightly higher than a geranium....then you were absolutely right.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:

That's beside the point, as is my opinion of Henson and anyone else's but the thread starter. He stated that, because Henson looked like the best QB he had ever seen at Michigan, he deserves more chances, which is not only a very broad statement, but a very questionable one with little to back it up.

However, the arguement that Henson WONT be great for the same reasons has more historical merit to it.

All I'm saying is, to state Henson deserves a shot because he was great in his 8 games at Michigan is iffy, at best.