2010 Winter Olympics

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the Winter Olympics this year. I'm a big fan of Figure Skating, Freestyle skiing, Snowboarding, Ski jumping and Speed Skating.

Athletes can't wait to see is Shaun White, Shani Davis, Johnny Weir, Apolo Ohno and Keauna McLaughlin.

Anyone else to watch for??

Go USA!!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The only American athlete I hate (other than guys on the Olympic hockey team and GM Brian Burke) is Apolo Ohno.

USA is predicted to finish third in medals behind Germany and Canada.

Our city is alive like Christmas Eve. I am about to head home to walk the dog etc before the Opening Ceremonies at 6.

VAS Y CANADA

Ren

Reaction score
Get used to the Norwegian National anthem :laugh2:

Torino was a bit of a generational change in the ski sports here this time they should be back to the normal 12-13 golds

kristie

Reaction score
Avaj;3276175 said:
Sad about Luger's death :(

such a terrible thing to have happen to someone who was about to start living out their dream of being an olympic athlete. :(

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3276302 said:
Gotta say, they put on a real nice opening ceremony.

yeah they did. seeing gretzky light the olympic torch was very cool. :)

Ren

Reaction score
kristie;3276297 said:
such a terrible thing to have happen to someone who was about to start living out their dream of being an olympic athlete. :(

It's sad don't get me wrong but as far as ways to go he was probably lucky, dying doing something you love has to be better then a lot of other ways you can go out

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I have enjoyed the Winter Olympics my whole life... from Texas... we don't have a whole lot of Winter action here...

That being said, my son and I BOTH felt Apolo was interfered with in the Short Track finals... no call...

The Korean grabbed him by the elbow...

An hour later the NBC reporter asked if he felt he was interfered with and he said "Yes, but it is the nature of the sport"...

Weird that an American earlier was disqualified for less...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
trickblue;3276982 said:
I have enjoyed the Winter Olympics my whole life... from Texas... we don't have a whole lot of Winter action here...

That being said, my son and I BOTH felt Apolo was interfered with in the Short Track finals... no call...

An hour later the NBC reporter asked if he felt he was interfered with and he said "Yes, but it is the nature of the sport"...

I thought the same thing. After the first day of competition USA has the medal lead with 4.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
trickblue;3276982 said:

I think the problem was that the Korean that interfered with him was one of the two that crashed anyways. Not the one that won. It did look that Ohno had a chance to win if not for the grab though.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3277017 said:
I think the problem was that the Korean that interfered with him was one of the two that crashed anyways. Not the one that won. It did look that Ohno had a chance to win if not for the grab though.

I thought that at first... then we backed it up.. the winner was the one that grabbed...

burmafrd

Reaction score
that short track racing is like old NASCAR racing from the 50's: bang bang thump bang- take the flag!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Avaj;3275579 said:
I'm really excited about the Winter Olympics this year. I'm a big fan of Figure Skating, Freestyle skiing, Snowboarding, Ski jumping and Speed Skating.

Athletes can't wait to see is Shaun White, Shani Davis, Johnny Weir, Apolo Ohno and Keauna McLaughlin.

Anyone else to watch for??

Go USA!!!!

Dude.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Canada wins gold, Canada wins gold. The French guy got screwed, 5th place in moguls

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
French guy wasn't as good as Bilodeau, our commentatory showed he didn't grab his skis on one of the jumps which is a deduction.

I hate Dale Begg-Smith, he is from the city where the event was held but left Canada because he wanted to develop his spyware/spam internet business and our Freestyle ski federation told him no. So he went to Australia.

It is funny how Ohno always seems to benefit from others falling. He is really the only American athlete at these games I hate.