2010 Winter Olympics

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;3276923 said:
Really 18 goals? Come on...

what was it people said here re the Cowboys against the Vikings? go for the throat :cool:

all kidding aside, it was terrible but don't feel badly for Slovakia, they beat Bulgaria 82-0 to qualify for the Olympics

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3277748 said:
French guy wasn't as good as Bilodeau, our commentatory showed he didn't grab his skis on one of the jumps which is a deduction.

I hate Dale Begg-Smith, he is from the city where the event was held but left Canada because he wanted to develop his spyware/spam internet business and our Freestyle ski federation told him no. So he went to Australia.

It is funny how Ohno always seems to benefit from others falling. He is really the only American athlete at these games I hate.

Not good to hate, Ohno is one of the worlds best in short track speed skating, when you win as many medals as he has it is more than just luck.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After 1 weekend the Metal count stands at

1 USA with 6
2 Germany with 4
3 France with 3

Go USA!!!!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
French guy wasn't as good as Bilodeau, our commentatory showed he didn't grab his skis on one of the jumps which is a deduction.

I hate Dale Begg-Smith, he is from the city where the event was held but left Canada because he wanted to develop his spyware/spam internet business and our Freestyle ski federation told him no. So he went to Australia.

It is funny how Ohno always seems to benefit from others falling. He is really the only American athlete at these games I hate.
all I kept hearing was how air didn't count that much and he was fastest, just seemed strange to me. Has any other host country not won a gold or is this just a Canada thing?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jimmy40;3277824 said:
all I kept hearing was how air didn't count that much and he was fastest, just seemed strange to me. Has any other host country not won a gold or is this just a Canada thing?

It might just have been Canada, not sure. We probably did "win" Gold in 1976in Montreal but for the superhuman East German steroid female swimmers.

We lost our one chance at Gold in 1988 when Boitano beat Orser in men's figure skating.

Ren

Reaction score
Norwegians skiers are getting abused in the media here now worse then i've ever seen. Cross country skiing is serious business here and failing to even get in the top 20 on the 15km = ****storm

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
That's the nature of the sport. Ohno has also fallen before and had penalties take away medals. Not sure why you'd hate him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ren;3278364 said:
Norwegians skiers are getting abused in the media here now worse then i've ever seen. Cross country skiing is serious business here and failing to even get in the top 20 on the 15km = ****storm

I bet... isn't XCountry skiing pretty much the national sport over there?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
trickblue;3278418 said:
I bet... isn't XCountry skiing pretty much the national sport over there?

pretty much, they not winning would be the equivalent of the US losing a relay in swimming in the Olympics or Canada losing at hockey

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
They really watered it down when they added all those bogus "X-game" events.

Ren

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3278508 said:
pretty much, they not winning would be the equivalent of the US losing a relay in swimming in the Olympics or Canada losing at hockey

The chances of you losing at Hockey tonight are pretty slim. It's basically a NHL all star team vs a couple a Sweden pros and a bunch of amateurs.

I didn't even know we had qualified until last night, then i saw the group we where in... :eek::banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3278508 said:

US will see to it that canada loses in hockey. :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3278848 said:
US will see to it that canada loses in hockey. :D

I was at the US game today, your team looks pretty bad.

It was funny, the crowd was split between US and Switzerland. Americans cheered for US obviously, the rest of us cheered for Switzerland.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ren;3278806 said:
The chances of you losing at Hockey tonight are pretty slim. It's basically a NHL all star team vs a couple a Sweden pros and a bunch of amateurs.

I didn't even know we had qualified until last night, then i saw the group we where in... :eek::banghead:

You kept it close for one period. When my wife found out your goalie was a carpenter by day and it was 0-0 after one, she said this is disgusting, we aren't beating a bunch of carpenters. She still said after we got it up to 8-0, we still should have beaten the carpenters by 15 ;)

I'm off to Finland-Belarus tomorrow then Canada-Switzerland on Thursday.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3278565 said:
"Canadian Cowboys" = SUCK!

:lmao2:@ 17th and a DNF

why not mention how our mogul guy handed yours his *** and how our snow cross girl won the Gold and there was no American in the final? Of course you won't mention them because you cannot crap on Canada in those events. You have 8 medals, we have 5. We are pretty much where we expected to be after four days of competition. Our better events are in the second week.

We weren't expected to win a downhill, that is a European event pure and simple.