2010 Winter Olympics

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
Well hey Russia won.

Ovie with 2.

Time to see Backs(Basketrom) do his thing tomorrow against Germany.

Ren

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3279879 said:
You kept it close for one period. When my wife found out your goalie was a carpenter by day and it was 0-0 after one, she said this is disgusting, we aren't beating a bunch of carpenters. She still said after we got it up to 8-0, we still should have beaten the carpenters by 15 ;)

I'm off to Finland-Belarus tomorrow then Canada-Switzerland on Thursday.

There are 37 hockey rinks in all of Norway, during the game last night the announcers said there was something like 120 in Vancouver alone.
It weird that the sport isn't bigger here i live a little over an hour from the Swedish border and Hockey is religion as soon as you cross that line.
In any other sport a loss like that would have been embarrassing but they held their own for a period against players they probably have posters of on their walls, that's a lot more then anyone could have asked for

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3279878 said:
I was at the US game today, your team looks pretty bad.

It was funny, the crowd was split between US and Switzerland. Americans cheered for US obviously, the rest of us cheered for Switzerland.

Then you walked away disappointed since the USA won the game 3-1, get use to it. :lmao2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3279881 said:
why not mention how our mogul guy handed yours his *** and how our snow cross girl won the Gold and there was no American in the final? Of course you won't mention them because you cannot crap on Canada in those events. You have 8 medals, we have 5. We are pretty much where we expected to be after four days of competition. Our better events are in the second week.

We weren't expected to win a downhill, that is a European event pure and simple.

European and AMERICAN event. Gold and Silver today in Women's downhill. Two more medals in Men's 1000m Speed Skating. Closest Canadian was 6th in downhill and 13th on the ice.

That's 12 medals, Shaun White to come tonight. Good luck.

Edit: Man that Swiss skier had an epic wipeout on the women's downhill. Ouch. Then the Italian right after her. Geez.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Shaun White is killin it!!

Throws down the double mc for good measure.

Two more medals...... 14.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
peplaw06;3280732 said:
Shaun White is killin it!!

Throws down the double mc for good measure.

Two more medals...... 14.
He is unreal!! Superman of snowboarding.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
White and Davis were off the charts tonight... nice showing for the US...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3279878 said:
I was at the US game today, your team looks pretty bad.

It was funny, the crowd was split between US and Switzerland. Americans cheered for US obviously, the rest of us cheered for Switzerland.

I wouldnt judge team USA based on the first game. We have a very young roster, only a few players with this kind of experience.

If that Kane Stastny parise line clicks, then watch out.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Ive also got to say, that its great to see Fedorov and Jagr still alive and kicking.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
trickblue;3280764 said:
White and Davis were off the charts tonight... nice showing for the US...

White is a definite outlier. All he has to do is show up and he wins, he is that good.

Great day for you all today. Three gold.

I know Lindsey Vonn is all the rage but I think Julia Mancuso is better looking although she looks older than 25.

I was at the Finland-Belarus game today. Pretty bad game, shots were 45-12for Finland. Highlight was a Belarussian skank in a tank top and daisy dukes waving a Belarussian flag. There is something about Russian women.

Just watched two man luge. That is a weird sport for sure.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cochese;3280799 said:
I wouldnt judge team USA based on the first game. We have a very young roster, only a few players with this kind of experience.

If that Kane Stastny parise line clicks, then watch out.

Only top team to score fewer than the US against an opening game patsy was Sweden who won 2-0 over Germany. Russia scored 8, Canada scored 8, Finland scored 5.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3280812 said:
Only top team to score fewer than the US against an opening game patsy was Sweden who won 2-0 over Germany. Russia scored 8, Canada scored 8, Finland scored 5.

Switzerland beat Canada last time around, watch who you are calling patsies. :lmao2::lmao2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cochese;3280819 said:
Switzerland beat Canada last time around, watch who you are calling patsies. :lmao2::lmao2:

mostly because Gerber stood on his head as we badly outplayed them

this Swiss team has Hiller in nets and Streit on d from the NHL, that is it.

What was odd was that the US didn't really dominate physically, as many americans were hammered into the glass as were Swiss. Norway should cure some of what ails the US as their goalie is an amateur.

Good game on now, Czech Republic and Slovakia, first real game of the tournament.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3280841 said:
mostly because Gerber stood on his head as we badly outplayed them

this Swiss team has Hiller in nets and Streit on d from the NHL, that is it.

What was odd was that the US didn't really dominate physically, as many americans were hammered into the glass as were Swiss. Norway should cure some of what ails the US as their goalie is an amateur.

Good game on now, Czech Republic and Slovakia, first real game of the tournament.

Canuck excuses.

But I agree the first real game is on, and its pretty damn good,

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
***** a, hossa hit the post, then jagr rips one. olympic hockey is awesome.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cochese;3280846 said:
Canuck excuses.

But I agree the first real game is on, and its pretty damn good,

excuses? we lost the game but dominated, how is that an excuse?

of course the US has forgotten what it's like to win at the Olympics so every four years you bring back Eruzione in the desperate hope some of his fluke will find its way to the present team.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3280874 said:
excuses? we lost the game but dominated, how is that an excuse?

of course the US has forgotten what it's like to win at the Olympics so every four years you bring back Eruzione in the desperate hope some of his fluke will find its way to the present team.

Yawn. Get over it.

I am cheering for the Canadians for Toews, Seabrook and Keith.

If you want to start an international hockey war, look somewhere else.