2010 Winter Olympics

mldardy

Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;3293977 said:
Can't wait til London 2012. I personally love the summer games a lot more than the winter games.
Yeah me too.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Track in the summer games is good.

Swimming is ok I guess.

I like cycling and to a lesser extent equestrian.

Don't care for gymnastics, artistic or rhythmic.

Fencing is good but rarely gets on tv.

Not sure why archery and shooting are in the games.

I can't believe they are adding golf and rugby for 2016.

jem88

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3292932 said:
Hip isn't really relevant these days.

As for Alanis, she isn't even top 5 Canadian musicians of this generation.

Off top of my head, Eminem, Prince, 50 cent, Our Lady Peace (the group), 2Pac, and Dave Grohl are better.
Man, Our Lady Peace is truly one of the worst bands around. You do your credibility no favours mentioning them.

jem88

Reaction score
ottawacowpoke;3293613 said:
who says the Hip aren't relevant. They have a hard core legion of fans. For you to bring up OLP as relevant is hilarious.
Truly hilarious (and I'm no Hip fan, despite coming from Kingston.) But to address Canadian musicians/bands who are better (in my opinion of course) than Alanis, how about: Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Robbie Robertson and The Rheostatics?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jem88;3299133 said:
Man, Our Lady Peace is truly one of the worst bands around. You do your credibility no favours mentioning them.

I would take them over the Tragically Unhip any day of the week. When was the Hip's last big song, 1990 when New Orleans was sinking or the song named after a couple of posters here, 38 years old.

You are naming older ones re your Alanis take, he was talking about this generation. Young, Mitchell, Lightfoot and Robertson are from bygone eras.

I also doubt you will get many here to like Young given his left wing politics.

jem88

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3300651 said:
I would take them over the Tragically Unhip any day of the week. When was the Hip's last big song, 1990 when New Orleans was sinking or the song named after a couple of posters here, 38 years old.

You are naming older ones re your Alanis take, he was talking about this generation. Young, Mitchell, Lightfoot and Robertson are from bygone eras.

I also doubt you will get many here to like Young given his left wing politics.
I don't really care about 'big songs'. All I know is that OLP is truly one of the worst bands I've ever had the misfortune of hearing.

Point taken regarding the Alanis debate. I missed the generation part of the discussion. That being said, Neil Young continues to be relevant to this day.