2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Age is showing. Laziness, not hustling back on D. We need a Center. Mahimi sucks and Haywood will not do. If this is the team we are rolling with the rest of the year, then we are doomed.

Reaction score
Unless the Mavs get another center they'll be a first round exit just like they were before Chandler. I can't way to play them Bynum is gonna **** all over Haywood.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4334511 said:
Unless the Mavs get another center they'll be a first round exit just like they were before Chandler. I can't way to play them Bynum is gonna **** all over Haywood.
Mavs 0-1
Lakers 0-1

juck

Reaction score
I think Cuban is going to go ALL out to try to get DWILL and DWIGHT. He will be able to pull it off too with all the expirings,etc....DWILL wants to play at home as well.But obviously this team needs some gelling. I saw some positives. We went to the finals with Damp as our center so. Vince Carter scares me a bit,but Odom was a good pickup and West looks great.

Reaction score
juck;4334650 said:
Mavs 0-1
Lakers 0-1

Well let's see Dallas got demolished at home while the Lakers nearly beat 1 of the top teams in the NBA even though they were without Bynum. Yeah not that dissapointed actually a little encouraged.

juck;4334655 said:
I think Cuban is going to go ALL out to try to get DWILL and DWIGHT. He will be able to pull it off too with all the expirings,etc....DWILL wants to play at home as well.But obviously this team needs some gelling. I saw some positives. We went to the finals with Damp as our center so. Vince Carter scares me a bit,but Odom was a good pickup and West looks great.

They may get D-Will, but there's no way in hell they're getting Dwight unless Otis Smith is stupid enough to keep him all season.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think the Mavs will round into form over the next week or two. They gotta get their old legs under them again. :)

Reaction score
Lol people are making way too big of a deal of this game. I guess people forgot about last year already. The Mavs last by 30 to the Lakers and then beat them in the playoffs. So regular season doesn't mean ****. People gotta remember all these teams have had a good 6-8 months off they're not gonna look sharp early on.

rash

Reaction score
OMG if D-Will joins the mavs I will be rapturous. He's on my fantasy team and I'm not sure I can stand watching a Nets game. If he comes to Dallas, it would make watching Mavericks games that much more special for me...

But do yall really think he has a shot at joining? And what would Cuban hafta give up?

Reaction score
rash;4335024 said:
OMG if D-Will joins the mavs I will be rapturous. He's on my fantasy team and I'm not sure I can stand watching a Nets game. If he comes to Dallas, it would make watching Mavericks games that much more special for me...

But do yall really think he has a shot at joining? And what would Cuban hafta give up?

Yes.

1. He's from Dallas

2. Mavs have a bunch of expiring contracts that will create enough room to get 2 max free agents. I don't see them getting both Deron and Dwight because I don't think Orlando is stupid enough to keep Howard all season knowing he's gonna bolt in the offseason. Dallas doesn't have the necessary assets to acquire Howard via trade.

kristie

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4335014 said:
I think the Mavs will round into form over the next week or two. They gotta get their old legs under them again. :)

definitely because they didn't look good at all. slow & sluggish.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have to say that I'm more than a little worried about the Mavs this year.
They only have 11 practices all season, so I'm not sure how they plan to get this team to gel. Plus, teams this old don't repeat.

Hope I'm wrong, but that edge is missing and defensive intensity was what was different about last year. Attitude plus Chandler were big parts of that. I'm not so sure this group can match that.

The good news is that vet teams (see SA as an example in the past) know that you just have to make the playoffs in stride and not worried about your seed too much.

Guess we'll see.
Go Mavs

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
No need to panic... this isn't the NFL... it's an 82 (normally) game season... not 16...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
trickblue;4336578 said:
No need to panic... this isn't the NFL... it's an 82 (normally) game season... not 16...

66 game season this year....

Spurs 1-0
N.O 1-0
Memphis 0-1
Houston 0-1
Dallas 0-2

I like the way the season started....I hope this trend continues, though I know it will not.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think they do need to worry, they are getting POUNDED! there are very real issues that will probably derail any chance at repeating