2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Still basking in the glow of winning the NBA Title ... no worries ... Mavs are great :)

Reaction score
MC KAos;4336864 said:
i think they do need to worry, they are getting POUNDED! there are very real issues that will probably derail any chance at repeating

It's 2 games bro. This is a marathon not a sprint. You can't expect them to start off fast after so many changes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
trickblue;4336578 said:
No need to panic... this isn't the NFL... it's an 82 (normally) game season... not 16...

Exactly.

We have a lot of guys on this team who can pass and shoot but right now we're doing neither.

The transition defense is what scares me the most though.

Not feeling Delonte West at all.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs will be fine. It's early and we've had a ton of changes this season. They've obviously cleared stock to splurge in Williams and Howard though. I don't expect a legit title defense bc they were so willing to let Butler and Chandler walk away.

Heat, Bulls, Knicks and Celtics will make for a great Eastern conference playoffs this season.

juck

Reaction score
Cuban has thrown all his cards in on getting Deron Williams and Howard or other very good Fa next year. Although I do think the Mavs will get it together. I doubt they have that fire they had last year. Also a ton of these guys they have are on short and friendly deals. This summer Cubes finally has money to spend.I dont blame him for not giving Chandler all that money. The guy is not a Max Center and he is injury prone. He had a contract year last year.I dont mind seeing what the young guys have for the future either. Roddy,Sean Williams,DOJO

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4339339 said:
Cuban has thrown all his cards in on getting Deron Williams and Howard or other very good Fa next year. Although I do think the Mavs will get it together. I doubt they have that fire they had last year. Also a ton of these guys they have are on short and friendly deals. This summer Cubes finally has money to spend.I dont blame him for not giving Chandler all that money. The guy is not a Max Center and he is injury prone. He had a contract year last year.I dont mind seeing what the young guys have for the future either. Roddy,Sean Williams,DOJO

this is the most ******** thing cuban could have done. he is wasting a year of his best player's prime for a CHANCE at a great free agent or two? thats just dumb. They won the championship just fine with Dirk and without howard or williams, i dont see the thinking process of sacrificing a year of your franchise's best player's prime for a chance to sign those guys. You mavs fans need to stop being delusional too, he most likely wont sign here, i dont know where all this "he wants to come home" crap is coming from, but he is going to stay with the Nets because a)they can offer the most money, and b)playing in New York, specially in Brooklyn, will be a great opportunity for him to earn even more money on endorsement deals.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4339621 said:
this is the most ******** thing cuban could have done. he is wasting a year of his best player's prime for a CHANCE at a great free agent or two? thats just dumb. They won the championship just fine with Dirk and without howard or williams, i dont see the thinking process of sacrificing a year of your franchise's best player's prime for a chance to sign those guys. You mavs fans need to stop being delusional too, he most likely wont sign here, i dont know where all this "he wants to come home" crap is coming from, but he is going to stay with the Nets because a)they can offer the most money, and b)playing in New York, specially in Brooklyn, will be a great opportunity for him to earn even more money on endorsement deals.

Have you not seen the Nets? They are AWFUL. With Lopez out for at least 2 months there's no way in hell they're getting Dwight. I don't see Dallas getting Dwight, but I wouldn't be shocked if they got Deron.

Reaction score
0-3. :laugh2:

Cuban is really taking a gamble by basically sacrificing this season. There's no guarantee they get D-Will and even if they do I still don't think they are better than OKC or the Lakers if they get Howard. Cuban is basically sacrificing a year of Dirk's prime. If I was a Mavs fan I'd be furious.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4342414 said:
0-3. :laugh2:

Cuban is really taking a gamble by basically sacrificing this season. There's no guarantee they get D-Will and even if they do I still don't think they are better than OKC or the Lakers if they get Howard. Cuban is basically sacrificing a year of Dirk's prime. If I was a Mavs fan I'd be furious.

3 games into a 66 game schedule.
Don't you think you are overreacting just a bit?

Let's see what this team looks like in a month.

Reaction score
DFWJC;4342570 said:
3 games into a 66 game schedule.
Don't you think you are overreacting just a bit?

Let's see what this team looks like in a month.

They'll have a good record no doubt and be very good offensively, but arr they good enough defensively? I don't think so.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4342741 said:
They'll have a good record no doubt and be very good offensively, but arr they good enough defensively? I don't think so.
I was talking more about the statement that Cuban is purposefully blowing this season for a chance at hitting it big next season. They have their eye on next year but I think they feel this group could cause trouble later this season.

The Mavs are at (or over) the cap right now and he brought in Odom's contract as well.
They offered Chandler about 20 million for one year. I really hoped we could keep him, but is a very high risk injury-wise over the long term.

Butler was not even a possiblity. He and his wife told us (our friend's daughter and our son play with their kids)
for sure he was not returning last spring.

Not bringing back the big defensive liability that was Barea can be argued, I agree. He was a sparkplug. He also caught lightning in a bottle late last year. We'll see how his career unfolds and if he's worth the 19mil that he's getting paid. He was fun to watch though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was at the game last night and it was so much fun. My daughter's high school team played at the arena yesterday at Noon, and my son did a Little Dribblers halftime show of the girls game, and then we got to go back last night and watch the THunder play.

That game was so fun. We had a Dallas fan sitting right in front of us, wearing his Dirk jersey, and it was such a fun game back and forth.

When Dallas took that lead with 1.4 left he was making a bunch of noise, talking smack, smiling, thinking they'd for sure won.

Then KD went out and shut him up. I loved it. So fun. Great game.

Loved getting to see Dirk play live as well. I'm a fan of Dirk, I'm just glad that last night KD was able to outshine him.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4342947 said:
I was at the game last night and it was so much fun. My daughter's high school team played at the arena yesterday at Noon, and my son did a Little Dribblers halftime show of the girls game, and then we got to go back last night and watch the THunder play.

That game was so fun. We had a Dallas fan sitting right in front of us, wearing his Dirk jersey, and it was such a fun game back and forth.

When Dallas took that lead with 1.4 left he was making a bunch of noise, talking smack, smiling, thinking they'd for sure won.

Then KD went out and shut him up. I loved it. So fun. Great game.

Loved getting to see Dirk play live as well. I'm a fan of Dirk, I'm just glad that last night KD was able to outshine him.
Yep, I'm a season ticket holder for the Thunder, and last night's game was the best non-playoff game I've ever been to. KD's gamewinner was amazing and sent the entire crowd into a frenzy. But the moment that I liked just as much (well, almost) was when the crowd started chanting for Russell Westbrook. Amazing night.

DFWJC

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4343057 said:
Yep, I'm a season ticket holder for the Thunder, and last night's game was the best non-playoff game I've ever been to. KD's gamewinner was amazing and sent the entire crowd into a frenzy. But the moment that I liked just as much (well, almost) was when the crowd started chanting for Russell Westbrook. Amazing night.
It looked electric there.

Of course, I was bummed that the Mavs lost again--especially after such a hard fought game and in that manner. But like the Mavs are saying today, you have to tip your hat to KD for making that shot in that situation. He may be the best player in the league at this moment.