2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
DFWJC;4343074 said:
It looked electric there.

Of course, I was bummed that the Mavs lost again--especially after such a hard fought game and in that manner. But like the Mavs are saying today, you have to tip your hat to KD for making that shot in that situation. He may be the best player in the league at this moment.

I think the man in my sig may have something to say about that, but once he rides off to the sunset it'll be Durant's league no doubt. The thing I love about him is he's taking on that leadership role and he's also very humble. People made a big deal about the whole Westbrook/Durant altercation, but Durant basically did what all great leaders do which is get in guys faces and tell them to get their **** together. If I'm a GM I'd rather have Durant over LeBron or Dwight as my franchise player. Durant is basically this era's Tim Duncan. Not the flashiest player, but he flat out gets it done.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
DFWJC;4343074 said:
It looked electric there.

Of course, I was bummed that the Mavs lost again--especially after such a hard fought game and in that manner. But like the Mavs are saying today, you have to tip your hat to KD for making that shot in that situation. He may be the best player in the league at this moment.
It was absolutely bonkers inside the arena. It was a playoffs type atmosphere. What a game.

Thanks for the classy reply-- I'm obviously biased, but I'm starting to think that KD is slowly taking over the crown as the best player in the NBA. Last year, I thought he was up there, but just a notch below LeBron and Kobe and possibly Howard and Dirk. But he just seems to have taken that next step to greatness. And he's just the classiest kid. So humble and genuine.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4343100 said:
I think the man in my sig may have something to say about that, but once he rides off to the sunset it'll be Durant's league no doubt. The thing I love about him is he's taking on that leadership role and he's also very humble. People made a big deal about the whole Westbrook/Durant altercation, but Durant basically did what all great leaders do which is get in guys faces and tell them to get their **** together. If I'm a GM I'd rather have Durant over LeBron or Dwight as my franchise player. Durant is basically this era's Tim Duncan. Not the flashiest player, but he flat out gets it done.
Like. (Facebook status style.)

juck

Reaction score
Fakers are in Trouble once Bynum goes down again. He is an injury waiting to happen. The west is a free for all. OKC now is the flavor. I love Durant but he is the whole team. Westbrook is a turnover machine. I hate to admit it but the East is more dominant this year. The cHeat are probably gonna win it all. I love that there will be an asterick next to it since this really isnt a full season.Mavs arent sacrifing a whole season however Cubes worked it nice to get the big name FA or two finally. Great strategy IMO.They will also compete this year. Odom needs to get his head straight. He is lost without his rapist buddy lol.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4343100 said:
Dude I love Durant. But the Cheat are winning a title or two. Its inevitible.Fakers cannot beat the cHeat now.Durant cannot do it alone. Westbrook turns it over and is not clutch.

Reaction score
juck;4343454 said:
Dude I love Durant. But the Cheat are winning a title or two. Its inevitible.Fakers cannot beat the cHeat now.Durant cannot do it alone. Westbrook turns it over and is not clutch.

Why not? The Lakers still have a huge advantage inside over Miami and that's where championships are won. Dallas dominated Miami in the paint and that's why they beat them. Besides we all know LeBron chokes in the clutch. OKC can beat them as well.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
We were losing to the Raptors....not good, but hey I'll take a win. Next up Minnesota tomorrow at 7 ET

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4343057 said:
Yep, I'm a season ticket holder for the Thunder, and last night's game was the best non-playoff game I've ever been to. KD's gamewinner was amazing and sent the entire crowd into a frenzy. But the moment that I liked just as much (well, almost) was when the crowd started chanting for Russell Westbrook. Amazing night.

Sure was. I loved it. Where do you live in oklahoma? I'm from down south of the city a little over an hour in a small town called duncan.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4344571 said:
Sure was. I loved it. Where do you live in oklahoma? I'm from down south of the city a little over an hour in a small town called duncan.

Oh cool! Yeah, I know Duncan. I've driven through it. :) I live in Edmond. I'm so pumped about our Thunder this season. I gotta say, they're making my Cowboys losing a lot more bearable.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
juck;4343454 said:

I'm not as high on Westbrook as many are.... but you are dismissing OKC too quickly. Harden is really coming into his own. But with Durant getting 30 a night, and Westbrook taking his shots, Harden's doing it at a lower volume.

juck

Reaction score
Vintage;4346247 said:
I'm not as high on Westbrook as many are.... but you are dismissing OKC too quickly. Harden is really coming into his own. But with Durant getting 30 a night, and Westbrook taking his shots, Harden's doing it at a lower volume.
Too young. Way too many mistakes. Eventually they will be "the" team. Not yet. Their front line sucks. Durant only shoots 3s. He never bangs down low. No post presence.

Reaction score
If I was the Thunder I would trade Westbrook to the Lakers for Gasol. Sure it would suck to lose Westbrook, but you would still have Durant and then you add a legit low post threat like Gasol to the mix and you have arguably the most complete team in the West. You look at all the championship teams and they all had a guy they could throw the ball into and he could get them 20 & 10. The Thunder don't have that.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Well, the Mavs have won 3 out of 4. Odom looked pretty good tonight for the first time.

It's definitely a work in progress, but I have a lot of confidence that they'll be very much in the mix as the season goes along.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This is a 66 game season. Starting slow is not the same as an 82 game season.

You can start 1-9 in an 82 game season and have plenty of ground to make up. You start out with a bunch of Ls this year and you'll be sub .500 at the break.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;4359715 said:
Let's gooooo Maaaaaaaaaaaavs

Did the Spurs play Wed night too? I'm hoping they are both on a back-to-back night.

It's way early, but at least we're seeing nice progress.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tonight (1/5/12)

3 really good early season games:

Mavs at Spurs
Lakers at Blazers
Heat at Hawks