2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4551756 said:
That's true with Jerry, but Stevenson was 30, barrea 27 and chandler just turned 29, so those guys aren't exactly aging, I just don't see the comparison between the two situations
I wish you guys would stop assuming the Mavs could have signed all those guys.
It was not possible on many levels.
It would've been nice to have Tyson long term (assuming he lasts long term) but the rest was impossible

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4552172 said:
I wish you guys would stop assuming the Mavs could have signed all those guys.
It was not possible on many levels.
It would've been nice to have Tyson long term (assuming he lasts long term) but the rest was impossible

i was only refuting the claim that signing those guys, had they been able to, wouldnt have been like what jerry did in the late 90s

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4552218 said:
i was only refuting the claim that signing those guys, had they been able to, wouldnt have been like what jerry did in the late 90s
fair enough

My post really wasn't aimed at you, so I should have just posted the comment and not in response to anyone in particular.

juck

Reaction score
Its almost impossible to repeat now in sports. I am still elated after last years win over the Heat. Its time to move on. Giving Chandler 5 years and that much money was a gamble and would have strapped us. People forget Chandler wasnt very good and injury prone before last year. He played great last two years. I love him but its time to move on. There is plenty of intriguing ideas. I personally think Cuban is going to go all out to try to get Howard and DWILL. However if not then I love dragic and Spencer Hawes,Javelle Mcgee,Dalembert,Kaman. Theres many good young players. Eric Gordon,Lou Williams......on and on.... maybe not elite but very young,very good with a chance to become elite.

JackWagon

Reaction score
I want the spurs to win it all just so i can laugh at @Mcuban on twitter some more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's all good guys.

[youtube]mbbtdmCoIZw[/youtube]

Never forget it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have nothing against the Mavs. I love their owner and I think Dirk is one of the all time greats.

That said I'm obviously very happy to see my Thunder has done so well thus far. I'd really love to see them win it all but I'm not completely convinced yet that they're quite ready to win the whole thing.

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;4553008 said:
It's all good guys.

[youtube]mbbtdmCoIZw[/youtube]

Never forget it.
Thats right. That was legendary. I cried twice in sports. When Alvin Harper caught that slant and when Mavs and Dirk beat the Heat. What a fitting way to get it too. :) Im still high off it lol.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i hate the mavs as much as the next spurs fan, but that title last year was something special for SO many circumstances. The fact that dirk has always been beat up in the media as soft, a choker, etc. the fact that the city has been STARVED for a champion since the late 90s, and maybe most importantly because of who they played in the finals! it was a great moment for the mavs and their fans something they can hold on to for a long time. they need to get to work though, starting with sweating the lottery and making sure the nets dont win it!

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4553067 said:
i hate the mavs as much as the next spurs fan, but that title last year was something special for SO many circumstances. The fact that dirk has always been beat up in the media as soft, a choker, etc. the fact that the city has been STARVED for a champion since the late 90s, and maybe most importantly because of who they played in the finals! it was a great moment for the mavs and their fans something they can hold on to for a long time. they need to get to work though, starting with sweating the lottery and making sure the nets dont win it!

And now its time for the main reason we are on this whole board to get a ring again. Dallas Cowboys!!!! Something all of us on this board agree on.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4553111 said:
And now its time for the main reason we are on this whole board to get a ring again. Dallas Cowboys!!!! Something all of us on this board agree on.

yup, hopefully our defense is the real deal!

Reaction score
juck;4553111 said:

Hell yes never experienced a Cowboys championship so we need to win one soon!

Zordon

Reaction score
so how do we fix this team guys? when need more than deron but can we afford it? do you think dirk would re-work his contract to free up more space? i know he's worth it, but him taking up more than a third of the salary cap will make it difficult to add more pieces around him and deron.

Reaction score
Zordon;4553239 said:
so how do we fix this team guys? when need more than deron but can we afford it? do you think dirk would re-work his contract to free up more space? i know he's worth it, but him taking up more than a third of the salary cap will make it difficult to add more pieces around him and deron.

He can't do that according to the CBA. My guess is they amnesty Haywood and try to trade Marion. If they do that along with letting most of their free agents go they'll have enough for two maxes. They should sign Deron and just wait a year till Dwight is a free agent.

juck

Reaction score
Zordon;4553239 said:
I personally would go after DWILL and then get DWIGHT,next year. But if DWILL doesnt come home,I am perfectly happy with Dragic and Eric Gordon and Hawes,the list goes on and on. Maybe not elites but all young and u have to be very good before u r elite. Two older guys I would take are KG for center,since hes playing it now anyway. Or Camby on a 1 year. Dirk needs a defensive center.I wish Oden would be reliable.Thing people forget is Chandler was an afterthought before Cuban gave him a shot.

Zordon

Reaction score
juck;4553389 said:
I personally would go after DWILL and then get DWIGHT,next year. But if DWILL doesnt come home,I am perfectly happy with Dragic and Eric Gordon and Hawes,the list goes on and on. Maybe not elites but all young and u have to be very good before u r elite. Two older guys I would take are KG for center,since hes playing it now anyway. Or Camby on a 1 year. Dirk needs a defensive center.I wish Oden would be reliable.Thing people forget is Chandler was an afterthought before Cuban gave him a shot.
good points all around. short of us getting dwight and d-will this offseason, i think this will be a two year rebuilding project. we desperately need an influx of youth on this team, starters and bench guys. dirk expressed in the post game that we also need 2-3 guys who can create their own shot on offense so that every time dirk gets a rest, we can keep things flowing. the biggest question mark imo is not the point guard position, rather the center and shooting guard positions. harden had a free lane to penetrate on nearly every play. dirk is a terrible defender, we need someone next to him to make up for that deficiency. guys like eric gordon, lou williams, oj mayo or jamal crawford are guys that i would look at for the SG spot.

honesly, as long as we amnesty haywood i will consider this a successful offseason.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nowitzki got an all-too-personal view of the Thunder earlier in the playoffs when the Mavericks lost in four games to Oklahoma City — the first sweep that the All-Star forward has endured in his career.

He has been particularly impressed by the transformation orchestrated by Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, changing a defensive-first mentality into a team that finished second in scoring in the NBA this season.

“To me, he’s the best coach in the league, he’s a genius on both ends of the floor,” Nowitzki said. “The adjustment that he goes through — at the beginning they win all their championships with defense, and he saw where the game’s going; the game is going to free-flowing and more movement, you need basically four shooters on the floor at all times, and he’s the man, he made it all happen.

“With [general manager] R.C. Buford helping him, finding people left and right. I mean, they draft people in the second round that nobody gives them a shot and they turn them into players. They have an amazing franchise and they really do a great job finding people that play well in their system and Pop makes them believe in their system. They’re really fun to watch, they’re rolling.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/05/23/dirk-picks-spurs-calls-pop-coaching-genius/

juck

Reaction score
zrinkill;4572167 said:
Nowitzki got an all-too-personal view of the Thunder earlier in the playoffs when the Mavericks lost in four games to Oklahoma City — the first sweep that the All-Star forward has endured in his career.

He has been particularly impressed by the transformation orchestrated by Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, changing a defensive-first mentality into a team that finished second in scoring in the NBA this season.

“To me, he’s the best coach in the league, he’s a genius on both ends of the floor,” Nowitzki said. “The adjustment that he goes through — at the beginning they win all their championships with defense, and he saw where the game’s going; the game is going to free-flowing and more movement, you need basically four shooters on the floor at all times, and he’s the man, he made it all happen.

Thats true. I dont like San Antonio just cause they are a division rival. But POP is the best coach ever in the NBA next to Phil Jackson.POP reminds me of Belechick.

“With [general manager] R.C. Buford helping him, finding people left and right. I mean, they draft people in the second round that nobody gives them a shot and they turn them into players. They have an amazing franchise and they really do a great job finding people that play well in their system and Pop makes them believe in their system. They’re really fun to watch, they’re rolling.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/05/23/dirk-picks-spurs-calls-pop-coaching-genius/

zrinkill;4572167 said:

Thats true. I dont like San Antonio just cause they are a division rival. But POP is the best coach ever in the NBA next to Phil Jackson.POP reminds me of Belechick.