2012-2013 European soccer thread.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
EPL kicks off this Saturday and meanigful Champions League the Tuesday after. What are you guys looking for in the new season?

Where will Van Persie go?

How will Brendan Rodgers do at Liverpool?

Can Man City repeat?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Admittedly I'm a late blooming soccer fan. This is only my second year following the domestic seasons and CL. That being said I've almost become obsessed by it.

I don't really have a team per se but Barca is fun to watch and Arsenal play attractive football as well. I've also taken a sort of liking to Liverpool and Newcastle United.

I'm afraid I'll be a bit of a hermit this fall watching soccer from 1 am and ending it with the last football games ( college/NFL) ending at 7pm here in Hawaii. At the very least I'll be getting good use out of my DVR. I might just have to catch up to the soccer games throughout the week.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Betting RVP lands at United. Even without him I think United has a tremendous shot at obtaining #20 this season. Sucks we have to wait all the way until Monday......

Glory Glory.....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4664979 said:
Betting RVP lands at United. Even without him I think United has a tremendous shot at obtaining #20 this season. Sucks we have to wait all the way until Monday......

Glory Glory.....

It seems the most likely destination but it may end up going until the end of the transfer deadline. I think Arsenal will be legit challengers for the title with the additions of Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm looking to learn more about the game and follow it a bit closer than I have previously.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
windward;4665009 said:
It seems the most likely destination but it may end up going until the end of the transfer deadline. I think Arsenal will be legit challengers for the title with the additions of Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski.

I need to see it from Arsenal before I believe it. They have a lot to prove. Seems like the frontrunners to me are United, City, Chelsea, and Newcastle. What else is new? haha

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Lookin for my man Valencia of MU to keep lighting it up and watching Barca.

joseephuss

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4666407 said:
Lookin for my man Valencia of MU to keep lighting it up and watching Barca.

I wonder how much time he will get at right back. They need to get better play out of Evra or just replace him.

With Chelsea making so many moves this year I don't see them as a contender. They have some talent, but it will take them some time to gel.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
joseephuss;4666479 said:
I wonder how much time he will get at right back. They need to get better play out of Evra or just replace him.

With Chelsea making so many moves this year I don't see them as a contender. They have some talent, but it will take them some time to gel.

Valencia is a right wing who just earned the famed #7 jersey.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Phoenix;4665129 said:
I'm looking to learn more about the game and follow it a bit closer than I have previously.

pick a team bro and follow along. it is a great sport to follow.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CATCH17;4667055 said:
Chelseas defense looks awful so far.

chelsea is still trying to put together the team. if they land hulk and cavini defense will make a lot less difference.

but they've played really one game and was ahead before going down to 10 men. the defense should be more than fine. cole, terry, luiz, ivanovic and cahill make a solid group.

joseephuss

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4666909 said:
Valencia is a right wing who just earned the famed #7 jersey.

I know he predominately plays wing, but they move him back to right back from time to time. He played quite a bit of right back in their recent exhibition games. Part of that is because Raphael was playing in the Olympics, but Valencia is also a versatile guy. It also allows Nani to play at his natural right wing position where he is the most comfortable.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Breaking: Man Utd agree deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;4668142 said:
Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Breaking: Man Utd agree deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal

:bang2: