2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

Phoenix

Reaction score
US men's basketball team in a real battle here with Spain...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They better pick up the team defense or this one is going down to the wire.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Doomsday;4659570 said:
Yea, all three of them were fantastic.

Its fun to see an underdog excited for a bronze, while the favorite is sick to his stomach to get silver.

Overall it has been an enjoyable Olympics to watch.

Cool that one of our guys got the Gold in that event since China excels in it

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4660152 said:
Cool that one of our guys got the Gold in that event since China excels in it

Yes, I dont usually get into diving, but I found my self riveted to the screen for the platform finals. All 3 of them were fantastic.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of watching the Olyimpics since 1968 and each one for me was remembered for something - like the 68 games I remember the 2 US athletes raise their right hands in the "black power" salute, in '72 it was the killing of the athletes of Israel, the "loss" of the mens BB team and Mark Spitz, '76 was Bruce Jenner ect.

This year for me - I will remember the Women - from the tiny gymnasts to Missy and the swimmers,the soccer team, the beach V-ball, water polo, that woman shooter, the rowing team and the women's relay team that set a worlds record....

Somebody said if the US women were its own country they would be in 3rd place in the medal count...

And 29 of the 46 gold medals went to the women....

Phoenix

Reaction score
A lot of these musical acts in the closing ceremonies - no idea who they are.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Phoenix;4661034 said:
A lot of these musical acts in the closing ceremonies - no idea who they are.

Personally I wasn't impressed by the opening or closing ceremonies.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4661164 said:
Personally I wasn't impressed by the opening or closing ceremonies.

They were British and focused on being British. When I saw Ray Davies come and do Celluloid Heroes, I had to really stretch to remember that particular tune. It was a largely European audience and the ceremony reflected a different cultural landscape. For a North American audience under 40, some of the material and the acts were not familiar.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;4661283 said:
They were British and focused on being British. When I saw Ray Davies come and do Celluloid Heroes, I had to really stretch to remember that particular tune. It was a largely European audience and the ceremony reflected a different cultural landscape. For a North American audience under 40, some of the material and the acts were not familiar.

exactly, it reflected British society and honoured their music, while you might not like their music, it has it's appeal for sure

MC KAos

Reaction score
btw, i think they have shown alex morgan about 132423 times during the closing ceremonies....she is going to be a huge star!