2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The networks often cater to female viewers at Olympic time and females like to watch gymnastics, diving, synchro etc just like in the winter olympics, females love figure skating.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The USA women's 4x100 relay team just won the Gold Medal and set a world record. Didn't watch but saw it while searching on on the internet. Will be shown tonight on NBC as usual.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4657173 said:
The USA women's 4x100 relay team just won the Gold Medal and set a world record. Didn't watch but saw it while searching on on the internet. Will be shown tonight on NBC as usual.

Was Lolo on the team?

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4657342 said:
Looks like USA will crack 100 in the medal count and win both total and gold counts, good on you.

I'll echo my congratulations on these impressive achievements by some terrific athletes.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4657299 said:
Was Lolo on the team?

I don't think she has ever run on the relay team. It isn't that common for a hurdler to be on a sprint relay team. Although I seem to remember the U.S. at one time had a guy who ran the 400 meter hurdles run on the 4x400 meter relay during one Olympics, but I am not positive on that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
joseephuss;4657410 said:
I don't think she has ever run on the relay team. It isn't that common for a hurdler to be on a sprint relay team. Although I seem to remember the U.S. at one time had a guy who ran the 400 meter hurdles run on the 4x400 meter relay during one Olympics, but I am not positive on that.

I was being more fascetious than anything. Lolo wasn't good enough to medal individually, no way she should run a relay.

I believe Edwin Moses who was a 400m hurdler ran in the relay for you. That man was a beast. I think he went like 5-6 years without ever losing a 400m race.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4657415 said:
I was being more fascetious than anything. Lolo wasn't good enough to medal individually, no way she should run a relay.

I believe Edwin Moses who was a 400m hurdler ran in the relay for you. That man was a beast. I think he went like 5-6 years without ever losing a 400m race.

It was Angelo Taylor. Ran in the 400 meter hurdles and 4x400 meter relay in 2000 and 2008.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Do the runners that run in the heats win a metal even though they are replaced in the finals?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4657759 said:
Do the runners that run in the heats win a metal even though they are replaced in the finals?

I'm pretty sure they do. I know in swimming they do.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the women's 4 x 100 and those US women smoked the field. Of course, their closest competition were the Jamaicans and it was poetry in motion.

Those ladies were flying...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4658013 said:
Watched the women's 4 x 100 and those US women smoked the field. Of course, their closest competition were the Jamaicans and it was poetry in motion.

Those ladies were flying...

I knew the results before hand but was surprised by how much they beat Jamaica by. They did a good job of giving Jeter the lead for her anchor run.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo_To_Dez;4658057 said:
I knew the results before hand but was surprised by how much they beat Jamaica by. They did a good job of giving Jeter the lead for her anchor run.
Yeah, I saw your post earlier, but I love track/field. So, I would've watched regardless.

It was a good race.

burmafrd

Reaction score
since our sprint teams never work together enough to really get good at the baton handling, when they do it is astounding to watch them.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Jamaica set a men's 4x100 WR.

Canada was third but one of the guys stepped on the line and they were DQed giving Trinidad a bronze.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4659539 said:
Those divers tonight really battled it out. Great finish.

Yea, all three of them were fantastic.

Its fun to see an underdog excited for a bronze, while the favorite is sick to his stomach to get silver.

Overall it has been an enjoyable Olympics to watch.