2012 NBA Finals Thread

Reaction score
http://i1054.***BLOCKED***/albums/s490/CowboysAndLakersFan/558b95ac.jpghttp://i1054.***BLOCKED***/albums/s490/CowboysAndLakersFan/edc7b7cf.jpghttp://i1054.***BLOCKED***/albums/s490/CowboysAndLakersFan/c50d8252.jpg

Series Schedule:

Game 1: Tuesday, June 12th (8:00 pm on ABC)
Game 2: Thursday, June 14th (8:00 pm on ABC)
Game 3: Sunday, June 17th (7:00 pm on ABC)
Game 4: Tuesday, June 19th (8:00 pm on ABC)
Game 5: Thursday, June 21st (8:00 pm on ABC) (If Necessary)
Game 6: Sunday, June 24th (7:00 pm on ABC) (If Necessary)
Game 7: Tuesday, June 26th (8:00 pm on ABC) (If Necessary)

Figured this series deserves its own thread. I think it's gonna be pretty epic. I picked OKC in 7, but I could see Miami winning in 6.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Could go either way. Going to be tough going with Bosh back in the lineup playing well. Miami is so much better with Bosh on the floor.

Wade needs to sit back and let LeBron ball out.

Reaction score
kristie;4588929 said:
lookin' forward to it. :D

Me too. I haven't been this excited for a championship series that my team wasn't involved in since well never. :laugh2:

This has the potential to be the best Finals series in the post MJ era.

bounce

Reaction score
Even as a Spurs fan, I'm really looking forward to this. I think Harden is going to be the key in this series. Lebron and Durant are both going for 30+, Westbrook and Wade will get theirs. Role players will decide this one.

But, that's not a novel idea.

Noryb

Reaction score
I believe OKC will win it in 6 or 7. Hardin and Ibaka will be the difference.

I'll be pulling for the Heat just to tick off the haters.

Ren

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed, Heat in 5

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
juck;4589054 said:
Stern got what he wanted. :jackpot:

Yeah, can't see Lebron going to his third Finals without winning one. Hope I'm wrong.

BTW, boo to the other thread being closed. It was the best thread on CZ.

juck

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4589303 said:
Yeah, can't see Lebron going to his third Finals without winning one. Hope I'm wrong.

Thats funny cause I think the same. It was the best thread lol. At least now with football news soooo slow. Rangers htread will get good once all star break is done.Way back in August I put money down on Heat to make finals and also to win. At this point I am ahead cause they made it. If they win jackpot. Its hard cheering for them. My rational is that Lebron definitely is gonna get a ring finally this year. Stern is happy and so are all the millions of casual NBA fans. I do think Thunder are a better team but they are gonna have a lot of trouble on the wings offensively and defensively. Thunder are a jump shooting team,if they were smart they would go inside for offense. Sad thing is Perkins cant score. Ibaka is very vital to the Thunder. Thabo is gonna have his hands full. Ginobili is very good but he is no Wade or Lebron. Totally different animal to guard.All in all the refs play a MONSTER role and star power is more on Heats side.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4589303 said:

I can; the Thunder have a deeper more all around team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
juck;4589310 said:
All in all the refs play a MONSTER role and star power is more on Heats side.
What's funny is, some NBA analyst on the national ESPN radio show this morning said he'd lean to the Heat because we know how superstars get the calls in this league and there'd be tons of pressure on the refs to give the Heat stars those calls in this series.

And this is a national NBA commentator. Those guys usually won't touch the officiating topic.

Sad that everyone thinks this about the NBA, but hey, they've earned it with years of shadiness.

juck

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4589334 said:
What's funny is, some NBA analyst on the national ESPN radio show this morning said he'd lean to the Heat because we know how superstars get the calls in this league and there'd be tons of pressure on the refs to give the Heat stars those calls in this series.

And this is a national NBA commentator. Those guys usually won't touch the officiating topic.

Sad that everyone thinks this about the NBA, but hey, they've earned it with years of shadiness.
Thank 2006 finals and Tim Donaghy for really bringing it to the forefront.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i hope that stern realizes the thunder are just as if not more marketable than the heat, so he will stay out of this series. i do have a feeling the thunder will go up 2-0 and stern will step in for game 3, i guarantee one of the crawfords will ref that game if its 2-0 OKC

anyway, i see it playing out this way...OKC wins the first 2 games, kind of comfortably, game 3 is a paquiao/bradley quality fix for the heat, they split the next 2 in miami and the thunder finish them off in OKC in game 6!

im still holding out hope derek fisher will get cut before the series :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4589393 said:
Thank 2006 finals and Tim Donaghy for really bringing it to the forefront.

yup, name one other sport that is called differently for a star player than a scrub, its completely insane!

Reaction score
Gonna be rooting for OKC hard. I'd love to see Fish get ring #6 and also see Durant who's my favorite non Laker get his 1st.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;4589470 said:
yup, name one other sport that is called differently for a star player than a scrub, its completely insane!
NFL's Tom Brady says hi